Klei Forums Rpg style game

TRENTOMINOUS

Depends on the plot.

As my English teachers have taught me:

Titles are usually best come up with after you write the story.

Video games will usually have a sort of "developer name", such as this game being called "Klei RPG". It's not official, but it's a codename we all understand.

Well since I lack any form of skill anyway I shall read through this at home (in a bunch of hours) and then try to contribute. Until then, sorry if I wasted your time.

No no no! It's fine! Thank you for taking this into consideration.

Helping hands are always welcome. :D

Whenever i make games i decide the title first before even starting to make the game.

Yeah, that's also a fun thing! Just make a title, and then try to make a game based around it X3...

... aww, this reminds me of the Wario Ware DIY monthly challenges, where one of them was making a microgame using the game title generator... I was so disappointed when they took Wario Ware DIY offline...  

... aww, this reminds me of the Wario Ware DIY monthly challenges, where one of them was making a microgame using the game title generator... I was so disappointed when they took Wario Ware DIY offline...  

WHAT? They took it offline??? That sucks.

Well, back on topic...

Lagman

Type: Boss

HP: Let Snob/Trent decide

Found: Either through some plot device, or a clever system to check the players ping,

which, if below a certain amount, will have a chance to spawn him in.

Attacks:

Lag Spike

A tendril veeeery slowly/suddenly rises up out of the ground, stabbing the player

Freeze Frame

Causes a freezing effect to the target, lowering their speed and accuracy.

:D

Well, back on topic...

Lagman

Found: Either through some plot device, or a clever system to check the players ping,

Attacks:

Lag Spike

A tendril veeeery slowly/suddenly rises up out of the ground, stabbing the player

Freeze Frame

:D

If it checked the player's ping there would be a few issues:

The player would have to be online or misses out on that enemy.

What IP would it ping? You can't just ping "the internet".

What if the pinged site had issues and causes lag on its side?

I vote for ingame device :p

Sorry about before, but I guess this shall be my theme:

We... we're not using themes... at least, not copyrighted music... I've mentioned a billion times by now that we should, for legal issues, use Creative Commons music. You can find it many places, such as www.nergrounds.com/audio , so, please... let's... not... use copyrighted manterial...

I don't like the idea of themes because there will be too many music files, and they all will be so, different sounding... it just won't... work...

We... we're not using themes... at least, not copyrighted music... I've mentioned a billion times by now that we should, for legal issues, use Creative Commons music. You can find it many places, such as www.nergrounds.com/audio , so, please... let's... not... use copyrighted manterial...

I don't like the idea of themes because there will be too many music files, and they all will be so, different sounding... it just won't... work...

Ok then.

Crap... So, does that count for remixes?

Another good place to find royalty free music is at Incompetech.com.  They're all done by the same guy, and there's hundreds upon hundreds of different tracks.

Good! I'll see what I can find...

Last thing we  need is getting sued but Klei getting sued instead. That would suck.. I'm composing my own music.

We will say at the beginning of the game that our game isn't affiliated with Klei. And maybe we should never say directly the name Klei, but use another fake name, as K inc.

Good! I'll see what I can find...

We will say at the beginning of the game that our game isn't affiliated with Klei. And maybe we should never say directly the name Klei, but use another fake name, as K inc.

I mean't like.. People will figure out that We come from the Klei forums, then sue Klei instead of us. Thats why I was worried. I'm glad Vingw said No copy righted music.

Well, back on topic...

Lagman

Attacks:

Lag Spike

Freeze Frame

:grin:

"Check the players ping"??? I don't think we're going to track the player's IP, it's too shady.

If it checked the player's ping there would be a few issues:

The player would have to be online or misses out on that enemy.

What IP would it ping? You can't just ping "the internet".

What if the pinged site had issues and causes lag on its side?

I vote for ingame device :razz:

Me too. What should the device be? I think I'm getting an idea; the further you go down towards the dead threads, the higher your "ping". As your ping increases, so does the chance of the boss spawning. I think that the boss should be called the "necromancer". It's only appropriate how they bring back dead threads just to lag the hell out of people.

Another good place to find royalty free music is at Incompetech.com.

I remember this.

I found several songs that might fit me; Ritual, Lightless Dawn, Long Note Four, Myst, Ghostpocalypse 4 Temptress, and Blue Feather, with Schmetterling being a possibility as an overall background theme.

Edit: I found out that Kevin Macleod put the music into Youtube videos, which makes it much easier for me.

Archived