Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Tedion

Ice Flingomatic Putting out Endothermic Fire

Tedion    55

Every base in RoG needs to have a flingomatic and an endothermic fire pit to survive summer effectively. Unfortunately, whenever I fuel my endothermic fire, the ice flingomatic quickly takes it out. This is not intended because it does not douse an endothermic campfire. 

EDIT:I should add that I am using no mods.

spencer320    154

You need to put the endothermic pit outside the range of the ice flinger. I have both firepits just outside the range and I'm good to go.

JYM    33

Every base in RoG needs to have a flingomatic and an endothermic fire pit to survive summer effectively. Unfortunately, whenever I fuel my endothermic fire, the ice flingomatic quickly takes it out. This is not intended because it does not douse an endothermic campfire. 

That's intended, which is not intended is if you flingomatic doesn't extinguish you endothermic fire (may it's out range). flingomatic works fine to extinguish one already started fire in your main base.

The best to survive summer is a small base in a dessert with one endothermic fire pit, one icebox, with two thermal stone, maybe some ice, and maybe one chest.

orian34    534

That's intended, which is not intended is if you flingomatic doesn't extinguish you endothermic fire (may it's out range). flingomatic works fine to extinguish one already started fire in your main base.

The best to survive summer is a small base in a dessert with one endothermic fire pit, one icebox, with two thermal stone, maybe some ice, and maybe one chest.

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/36957-oops/

orian34    534

i was talking about how to survive the summer in the desert in completion of what you have said...

TheG4MER14    45

Im pretty sure I remember back in RoG beta, the subject of ice flingomatics putting out endothermic fires was brought up. To which a dev replied that the flingomatic is supposed to target all fires, not just hot ones. So the bug might actually be that the ice flingomatic isn't putting out endothermic campfires.

simplex    2,608

Im pretty sure I remember back in RoG beta, the subject of ice flingomatics putting out endothermic fires was brought up. To which a dev replied that the flingomatic is supposed to target all fires, not just hot ones. So the bug might actually be that the ice flingomatic isn't putting out endothermic campfires.

Which is silly. Logic would dictate the ice flingomatic is able to target fires by sensing heat. Endorthermic fires are, well, cold. So it makes no sense.

I'm not against the mechanic per se, I get the design behind it, but the ice flingomatic should definitely be moved to the Magic tab. It doesn't belong in Science.

JYM    33

Which is silly. Logic would dictate the ice flingomatic is able to target fires by sensing heat. Endorthermic fires are, well, cold. So it makes no sense.

I'm not against the mechanic per se, I get the design behind it, but the ice flingomatic should definitely be moved to the Magic tab. It doesn't belong in Science.

So they need move divining road, that is kinda magic. Rainometeter, and icebox have a magic eternal battery inside. 

Logic doesn't play a role in this game and it doesn't have to.