Oops...

Good job then:) I still prefer evergreen forest though - Birchnuts multiply only in autumn, in spring and summer you'll easily "eat" all your trees. And they hit hard:)) But in all other things I completely agree - Desert Summer Outpost is a brilliant idea, i'll definitely try establishing one, when I'll have some time to play. I am afraid they'll nerf buzzards though, as they nerfed Kabobs, when realised that combining twigs with spiders was eternal food source in every season.

Perhaps they will highly upgrade the rate of eating of the buzzards...so you will have to get a better timing...   ?

Edit: 

Desert Summer Outpost is a brilliant idea

But it's not mine, it's the devs...i just look at why they did it :p

I didn't find an oasis yet but there's a bit I haven't explored so I'll do that next.  I need to recover first - I just managed to get killed by a hound wave that I didn't prepare properly for, but luckily I had a touchstone nearby in the swamp, and when I went to recover my stuff I was able to watch the tentacles killing the rest of the hounds.  Can't believe my luck so far to survive this. :joyous:

sometimes, there is 2 parts of desert in the island so you can be in the "bad" part.

Or just it can be in the frontier so you can think it is the other frontier biome(like grassland) like my world...

(i'll screen it, i have both :D)

I finished exploring and there isn't an oasis, just a small grassland area, with a couple of rabbit holes.

But the good news is it's now Autumn (I think) so I survived my big mistake!!  :joyous:

Now I have a very messy Summer base that I need to tidy up ready for next Summer - so much stuff all over the floor!

The one to the North is like the one I found, but maybe there's another one across a land bridge that I didn't find yet - I think there are some edges I haven't uncovered.

I'm happy that I just found the walrus camps though - I didn't find them last Winter, but now I'll be able to get my Walking Cane. :grin:   I'm going to set up a Winter camp there, since there's rabbits nearby, and I think I still have time, though I totally lost track of how long it'll be till Winter now.  

Archived