My world without Tallbird?

Generate a few new worlds on default setting and when you load in use console GetWorld().minimap.MiniMap:ShowArea(0,0,0,10000)

That reveals the entire map. I use that method to see how often I generate worlds without pig kings (Surprisingly often).

Try that 10 times and count the number of times there are zero occurrences of tallbird nests. Not a wonderful sample size but you should get an idea of how rare they really are.

Not that you can see them on the map, but I've had more than enough worlds generate with no beefalo, either. Or, like, 2 spider nests on the whole planet. 

Rather DebugSpawn("tallbirdnest")

Is there any advantage of using DebugSpawn? Because I think c_spawn or c_give (which sends the item directly into the inventory) is far better, as it is quicker to type.

Is there any advantage of using DebugSpawn? Because I think c_spawn or c_give (which sends the item directly into the inventory) is far better, as it is quicker to type.

I think you need to type something else before the c_give, but, as a modder, you certainly know console better than me.

I think you need to type something else before the c_give, but, as a modder, you certainly know console better than me.

I never needed to type anything before c_spawn (spawns the object at the mouse cursor) or c_give (sends the object to the inventory). Using it like c_spawn("tallbirdnest") to spawn a Tallbird nest or c_spawn("log",2) to spawn 2 logs or c_give("log",2) to send 2 logs into the inventory works for me.

Archived