Mods have ruined this game for me....

I loved this game when i first started playing.

Then I discovered mods....

So now that i've played with one hit break, one hit kill, infinite everything, auto spawn items, quick pick, auto equip, map revealer, OP characters, ect. ect. ect.

It's impossible to go back to normal play and enjoy the game like I did before...

It's just...

Not the same...

So essentially you're not willing to be challenged by the actual game so you only play with many unbalanced, gameplay aspect nullifying mods? is that what you're getting at here? That's definitely what it sounds like. Mods aren't a terrible thing, in fact i'm really liking how some of the collaborative mod projects are looking, but i find mods such as infinite durability and too many items to be absolutely despicable, and it was your own choice to use those mods, it isn't the mods fault if you no longer find the game enjoyable. So shoo with your complaints i say, return from whence you came.

casuals.gif

There, the "hardcore elitist tryhard gamer" in me is satisfied now. On a slightly more serious note, while I strongly  disagree with the need of optional mods to make the game so much easier and your point of view on the matter, just play the game however you want.

I wonder if anyone can remember back in beta, people who wanted the game to be more difficult were called a masochist at one point(this was before touchstones and beard hair obtainable by everyone)... They sure don't make them threads like they used to.

So something that is not only unofficial, but completely optional, has ruined the game for you?

:wilson_facepalm:

I'll admit, this slightly happened to me with RoG... but RoG did not make the game easier. It made it better. And there's nothing wrong with exclusively playing RoG if I prefer it. So I do.

Whoah, I was on my way there. It started with one, soon there were 2... You see where this was heading?

Then, one particular mod crashed the game and corrupted the save file and I saw the errors of my ways.

Never again!

I avoid mods that change the gameplay significantly. I only use minimap, map icons, etc... nothing that makes me tougher or stronger etc

This is how it starts..  You know, all those still makes the game a wee bit easier.

You are missing out, my friend. :grin:

But if you dont want to get mods, thats fine.

It's more like I'm too lazy to sift through pages and pages of them. 

I mean, a TF2 skin-mod I have broke one of my textures like 2 months ago and I still haven't uninstalled them. 

I admit I've done this before, myself, actually. but it wears off. In case you're wondering, it was with Age of Empires where I used cheat codes to spawn cars, babies on tricycles, proton men, and bears with a canada flag as a cape.

Archived