Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

blacktophat

Mods have ruined this game for me....

blacktophat    0

I loved this game when i first started playing.

Then I discovered mods....

So now that i've played with one hit break, one hit kill, infinite everything, auto spawn items, quick pick, auto equip, map revealer, OP characters, ect. ect. ect.

It's impossible to go back to normal play and enjoy the game like I did before...

It's just...

Not the same...

jbeetle    1,872

Maybe he's actually saying that mods bring so much to the game that the normal version just doesn't compare to him anymore.

999zircon    0

The OP sounds very similar to how my little brother plays video games. It hurts my soul knowing were related...

oh god that sounds just like my sister i feel your pain brother

So essentially you're not willing to be challenged by the actual game so you only play with many unbalanced, gameplay aspect nullifying mods? is that what you're getting at here? That's definitely what it sounds like. Mods aren't a terrible thing, in fact i'm really liking how some of the collaborative mod projects are looking, but i find mods such as infinite durability and too many items to be absolutely despicable, and it was your own choice to use those mods, it isn't the mods fault if you no longer find the game enjoyable. So shoo with your complaints i say, return from whence you came.

Spazmatic    1,033

casuals.gif

There, the "hardcore elitist tryhard gamer" in me is satisfied now. On a slightly more serious note, while I strongly  disagree with the need of optional mods to make the game so much easier and your point of view on the matter, just play the game however you want.

I wonder if anyone can remember back in beta, people who wanted the game to be more difficult were called a masochist at one point(this was before touchstones and beard hair obtainable by everyone)... They sure don't make them threads like they used to.

code4240    20

So something that is not only unofficial, but completely optional, has ruined the game for you?

:wilson_facepalm:

I'll admit, this slightly happened to me with RoG... but RoG did not make the game easier. It made it better. And there's nothing wrong with exclusively playing RoG if I prefer it. So I do.

Colev    11

Whoah, I was on my way there. It started with one, soon there were 2... You see where this was heading?

Then, one particular mod crashed the game and corrupted the save file and I saw the errors of my ways.

Never again!

Colev    11

I avoid mods that change the gameplay significantly. I only use minimap, map icons, etc... nothing that makes me tougher or stronger etc

This is how it starts..  You know, all those still makes the game a wee bit easier.

The Letter W    5,442

... What the heck is with the reaction images/videos in this thread?

I don't actually have any mods installed, and never have. :B

... What the heck is with the reaction images/videos in this thread?

I don't actually have any mods installed, and never have. :B

You are missing out, my friend. :D

But if you dont want to get mods, thats fine.

The Letter W    5,442

You are missing out, my friend. :grin:

But if you dont want to get mods, thats fine.

It's more like I'm too lazy to sift through pages and pages of them. 

I mean, a TF2 skin-mod I have broke one of my textures like 2 months ago and I still haven't uninstalled them. 

ARamblingSpider    1,536

Well that's your fault. I can't have any sympathy for you making your game beyond easy and with no challenges, then complain how difficult it was actually when you don't use the mods.

jbeetle    1,872

I admit I've done this before, myself, actually. but it wears off. In case you're wondering, it was with Age of Empires where I used cheat codes to spawn cars, babies on tricycles, proton men, and bears with a canada flag as a cape.

ARamblingSpider    1,536

I admit I've done this before, myself, actually. but it wears off. In case you're wondering, it was with Age of Empires where I used cheat codes to spawn cars, babies on tricycles, proton men, and bears with a canada flag as a cape.

Where can I get this game.