Sign in to follow this  
Miniandre

:mad: I have to re-purchase the game?

Miniandre    10

So i was playing the game late at night, then next morning i open chrome, goes to play Don't starve, then the menu with play demo, buy the game ect, ect. Im not going to buy the game again, so please help!

Kevin    1,121

Are you logged in with the same google account? Your purchase is tied to that.

aboron    10

I had the same thing happen to me. I still have the buddy code available, but I really do want to find a friend to give that one to.

aboron    10

Some more info: I had been playing the game on my laptop, and then I played it for a while on my desktop. I was annoyed that it made me start a new game, but I can still play on the desktop.Are you tracking users based on just the google account, or also on some data from the installed instance?

JLK    50

It's only based on the account, you can log in from any location.What we've run into a handful of times is that people have signed in with another account during the purchase flow and as a result are logging in as the wrong user. We'll throw in something to show who you're logged in as on the main menu. Hopefully you can figure out what the issue is from that but if not, please send me a private message with your login account names and we'll try and sort things out.

aboron    10

I went through the permissions for all my google accounts and it seems that 2 of them had don't starve listed as allowed. I revoked both of them, and logged out of the game, but when I reload the game and hit login it just goes right in without asking who i want to log in as. Is there a better way to force login again so I can choose an account?

aboron    10

Fixed, I opened it up just now and it let me choose my account and it's all happy. I also see the account name now down at the bottom of the page. Thanks guys!!

Sign in to follow this