New Pictures In The Game Files

How is Wolfgang's lore any less presented than Maxwell's? It was shown in the very same series of puzzles that Maxwell's lore was. If you're going to disregard it was hints then you're going to have to do the same with Maxwell's.

Well we don't know that was definitely Wolfgang. We know its was a strongman and that Wolfgang is a strongman. We do not know that Wolfgang was that strongman.

This post is only focusing on the lore side of things. I don't necessarily care if Pyro gets added but saying Pyro can get added because Pyro can get Don't Starve related lore is absurd, not because you are wrong but because it can't work.

In Don't Starve we currently have a set of ORIGINAL characters CREATED by KLEI. They bear no resemblance or mean anything to any game except Don't Starve. SO lore wise it isn't as important for them to suddenly get some back story, over time Klei can decide to share some deeper insight, because at the back of our minds we know for a FACT they BELONG to Don't Starve.

Pyro does not belong in Don't Starve. Not because we hate TF2 or not because we are Don't Starve elitist, Pyro as a character is not something Klei has ORIGINALLY made and therefore not something which is ORIGINAL to Don't Starve. Lore wise there is nothing any of you have said or can say that has or will make sense to explain how Pyro can fit into Don't Starve.

Pyro is a COMPLETELY separate character from a COMPLETELY separate game. I could sit here all day making up back stories for characters such as Solid Snake, Gordon, Sonic, Mario, Kratos, Master Chief and how they fit into the world of Don’t Starve. My point is there isn't anything anyone can say to argue a legitimate reason (lore wise) for Pyro being added into Don't Starve, if Klei want to add him, they can and it doesn't necessarily need to be justifiable. Pyro will always be the "black sheep" among the original line of Don't Starve characters.

We might as well turn Don't Starve into a Super Smash Bros game and slap in characters from all over the place IF Pyro does get added.

This post is only focusing on the lore side of things. I don't necessarily care if Pyro gets added but saying Pyro can get added because Pyro can get Don't Starve related lore is absurd, not because you are wrong but because it can't work.

In Don't Starve we currently have a set of ORIGINAL characters CREATED by KLEI. They bear no resemblance or mean anything to any game except Don't Starve. SO lore wise it isn't as important for them to suddenly get some back story, over time Klei can decide to share some deeper insight, because at the back of our minds we know for a FACT they BELONG to Don't Starve.

Pyro does not belong in Don't Starve. Not because we hate TF2 or not because we are Don't Starve elitist, Pyro as a character is not something Klei has ORIGINALLY made and therefore not something which is ORIGINAL to Don't Starve. Lore wise there is nothing any of you have said or can say that has or will make sense to explain how Pyro can fit into Don't Starve.

Pyro is a COMPLETELY separate character from a COMPLETELY separate game. I could sit here all day making up back stories for characters such as Solid Snake, Gordon, Sonic, Mario, Kratos, Master Chief and how they fit into the world of Don’t Starve. My point is there isn't anything anyone can say to argue a legitimate reason (lore wise) for Pyro being added into Don't Starve, if Klei want to add him, they can and it doesn't necessarily need to be justifiable. Pyro will always be the "black sheep" among the original line of Don't Starve characters.

We might as well turn Don't Starve into a Super Smash Bros game and slap in characters from all over the place IF Pyro does get added.

Dear god...  J20hawkz, not you too.

Okay, why should we care if Pyro's from another game. It's Klei, they'll make it work in some shape, way or form and specifically why would Klei want to ruin Don't Starve in the process? I love the Pyro. I play Wilson all the time and I can see Pyro as a good character because I love the Pyro in TF2. But in all seriousness just because Pyro's from a different game, is the first Don't Starve playable character to not have a "W" in his' name and isn't an original character I'm siding with Spookers the Spoo here and say "It's good for the Pyro to be another character and it'll be great to see how Klei implements him/her/it." If you look at his' items that are in the game files, he isn't that overpowered anyway. His' current things are a Balloonichester/Chesterloonicorn (possibly every Chester in Pyro insanity), custom sanity filters, a broken and fixed lolichop, an axtinguisher (the lolichop in "Meet the Pyro" is the axtingusher, look at the beginning where the Pyro chops up the heavy and at the end with the heavy's hand) and a flare gun. Now, does that sound OP? Now, can one of the dev's lock this thread so this topic doesn't flame war over the Pyro being a thing in Don't Starve?

@Pyromailmann Woah hold up mate!!! Like I said I don't care either way. What I am saying is AFTER reading through the comments on this thread and seeing the arguments over lore, I can't make much sense of it.

If Klei add Pyro I guarantee someone will demand lore behind him. Which is stupid because Pyro isn't an original Klei Don't Starve character so doesn't fit in with or associate with the current set of characters, hence why I said if it's possible with Pyro it's possible with any well known character.

Personally Pyro should be called Wyro and have a Klei twist on the character. Might make more sense that way and help tie in "Wyro" with Willow.

And finally I see nothing wrong with this thread remaining open, it's good to share your thoughts and let Klei know how you feel, especially now, than go full blown assault mode later.

Personally Pyro should be called Wyro and have a Klei twist on the character. Might make more sense that way and help tie in "Wyro" with Willow.

Pyro was called Wyro at one point. You can tell by his' sound files.

He also has the most generic strings and has both files in DLC0001 (RoG) and the game's regular sound files.

Pyro was called Wyro at one point. You can tell by his' sound files.

He also has the most generic strings and has both files in DLC0001 (RoG) and the game's regular sound files.

Then I see no issues. Make Wyro and give him lore that ties in with Willow, maybe it was Wyro that caused Willow to take on the role as the "Fire starter" etc...

Also I have a feeling the lolichop will act the same way as the eyebone. Broken lolichop is when Balloonichester/Chesterloonicorn is dead and waiting to respawn, and fixed lolichop is when Balloonichester/Chesterloonicorn is alive and following you.

Edit: just realised I'm taking as if this character has already been confirmed as an official addition to Don't Starve. I'm just going to leave now.

I feel like if they add him (which I'm rather against), they shouldn't give him lore. He should just be a fun/gag character that means nothing to the rest of the story.

That being said, I'm still disappointed that they spent all this time making an unoriginal crossover character as opposed to putting all that time and effort into a new, unique one. You see people hoping for Wallace, Waverly, Wortox, etc, but no one seriously asking for a TF2-Pyro crossover.

Don't Starve? Pfft. More like: I Have No Mouth And I Must Eat! :p

How about making Wyro a promotional character. Only those of us who logged in on the day of DST release unlock him?

That's very likely. I can imagine Valve promoting Don't Starve Together in Steam, promoting it along with the exclusive character.

There's another possibility. Pyro could also be an implemented mod character in the update.

Don't Starve? Pfft. More like: I Have No Mouth And I Must Eat! :p

That's very likely. I can imagine Valve promoting Don't Starve Together in Steam, promoting it along with the exclusive character.

There's another possibility. Pyro could also be an implemented mod character in the update.

And a final possibility that this character will never get added. I'm sure if someone looked around they'll find some more random bits and bobs. Didn't someone once find art work for doors?

I feel like if they add him (which I'm rather against), they shouldn't give him lore. He should just be a fun/gag character that means nothing to the rest of the story.

That being said, I'm still disappointed that they spent all this time making an unoriginal crossover character as opposed to putting all that time and effort into a new, unique one. You see people hoping for Wallace, Waverly, Wortox, etc, but no one seriously asking for a TF2-Pyro crossover.

"I feel like if they add him (which I'm rather against), they shouldn't give him lore. He should just be a fun/gag character that means nothing to the rest of the story."

It's Klei. They'll give him lore.

"That being said, I'm still disappointed that they spent all this time making an unoriginal crossover character as opposed to putting all that time and effort into a new, unique one. You see people hoping for Wallace, Waverly, Wortox, etc, but no one seriously asking for a TF2-Pyro crossover."

Just because Pyro's an unoriginal character doesn't mean Klei wasted time. In fact it probably took Klei months to get the artwork and rights to put Pyro in the game so saying it's a waste results someone being "that guy". And we did get a new, unique character; Wigfrid, Wallace, Waverly, Wortox, Wilton, Winnie and Wilbur will probably be implemented sometime. This is the reason why I think thread needs to be shut down. So, someone get the devs in and shut down the entire Pyro debate so we don't have a 100+ page of an entire endless argument over Pyro, either that or verify this for us.

If there weren't other ways to unlock him, that'd be very bad actually.

Why? He isn't part of Don't Starve so why should he be available as part of the game by normal means? Either that or Wyro/Pyro is a multiplayer only character.

If there weren't other ways to unlock him, that'd be very bad actually.

I agree.  Having characters that are exclusive and can no longer be obtained is just asking for trouble.  At the very most, it should be unlocked for people who have TF2 installed on their machines, as the game is free.

@JoeW

Please come clear this up so we can end this thread. I think everyone is getting pretty sick and tired of it by this point.

OR be honest with us. Pyro is not a secret anymore, there's no point in holding back the news just to have the community fight about it.

What's it with all the "original character" talk? If he's fun to play, who cares if he was in another game before? I certainly don't.

tumblr_inline_mplk6nQhB81qh637x.gif

THIS is what I've been trying to point out.  People are trying to make sense of a game that, at its core, does not make sense.

I already told you guys what it was.

There is no holding back of news, we don't know what we are going to do with it. Like I said, the team did it for the fun of it. How or when it would come out and it what form, if any has yet to be determined.

There is no grand plan. It's not part of some big announcement or promotion, it was just something we thought might be fun that we thought you guys might find fun and interesting as well.

No nefarious plan or dishonest intentions. And I have to say, I am a bit disappointed to see that any of you would think otherwise.

I already told you guys what it was.There is no holding back of news, we don't know what we are going to do with it. Like I said, the team did it for the fun of it. How or when it would come out and it what form, if any has yet to be determined.There is no grand plan. It's not part of some big announcement or promotion, it was just something we thought might be fun that we thought you guys might find fun and interesting as well.No nefarious plan or dishonest intentions. And I have to say, I am a bit disappointed to see that any of you would think otherwise.

IB4 all the "It wasn't me" comments.

Archived