Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

LoayzaPaul

New Pictures In The Game Files

Alright, I know I'm not going to convince anyone, because open-onions, but:

Really, how does Pyro not fit into the Don't Starve style?  Don't Starve is highly focused on sanity, something that Pyro clearly does not have a lot of.  I imagine it's going to be a real challenge keeping Pyro sane.

Maybe Klei isn't trying to get more money from this.  Maybe they just thought "Wow, Pyro would really fit well into our game.  Wouldn't it be cool if we added him?  Hey guys!  We're adding a new character you can use to your game!  For free!  Isn't that great?"  *Suddenly, complaints about free DLC*

But What I'm really disappointed about is the fact that people think the inclusion of Pyro, mod or not, would destroy the Don't Starve lore/universe/game.  Do you really think Klei of all companies would purposefully introduce something broken and out-of-place that would completely screw with the game?  If Klei does end up releasing this, you can bet your bottom-dollar that they'll have refined it to a point where it's balanced, it's fitting, and it's fun.

Worrying over something like this is just plain unnecessary.  Don't Starve is Klei's baby, and I don't think they'd add anything to it that would harm the game.

Where did I hear this before..?

But anyway, thank you JoeW for confirming this.  I knew you all were just doing it for fun, and not for some villainous money-grabbing scheme.

I believe some people here need to put a little more faith in Klei's judgement.

J20hawkz

I think you need to read this. http://forums.kleien...re-compilation/

When I said "doesn't make sense", I meant the fact that there are shadow beings, giant cyclopic birds, and sentient pigs.

Also, excuse the broken quote.  I can't seem to fix it.

ARamblingSpider    1536

I already told you guys what it was.

There is no holding back of news, we don't know what we are going to do with it. Like I said, the team did it for the fun of it. How or when it would come out and it what form, if any has yet to be determined.

There is no grand plan. It's not part of some big announcement or promotion, it was just something we thought might be fun that we thought you guys might find fun and interesting as well.

No nefarious plan or dishonest intentions. And I have to say, I am a bit disappointed to see that any of you would think otherwise.

Honestly this is the problem why the announcement of multiplayer was a mess, you guys keep it a secret (and yes the multiplayer thing has made me think of you guys differently) from anyone and didn't give anyone a subtle hint what was going. I still have my doubts though about Pryo, but it is nice you came in and cleared it up..even if it was far to late.

J20hawkz    769

Honestly this is the problem why the announcement of multiplayer was a mess, you guys keep it a secret (and yes the multiplayer thing has made me think of you guys differently) from anyone and didn't give anyone a subtle hint what was going. I still have my doubts though about Pryo, but it is nice you came in and cleared it up..even if it was far to late.

It's not late. http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/32469-so-pyro-is-one-of-the-new-characters/page-8#entry429294

jbeetle    1873

Would've been nice of JoeW went into more detail about it instead of saying "that may or may not get put into the game in the future", but that's just me.

from what I can tell, he doesn't know anything else. Saying anything else would just be things that haven't been decided...which would lead back to what he originally said.

Amkar    405

My apologies for summoning you, JoeW. I just felt this threat was becoming a bit of a mess and it seemed (to me, and seemingly several others including OP) that the addition of new items to the other stuff with Pyro meant that something had changed.

Snob    1272

Please lock this thread. I've seen enough of that red bastard.

And let's not forget, the moral of the story is that fun leads to ignorance. Good night children.

ARamblingSpider    1536

Please lock this thread. I've seen enough of that red bastard.

And let's not forget, the moral of the story is that fun leads to ignorance. Good night children.

Yeah, I've had enough of this thread now and the utter mess it's made.