New Pictures In The Game Files

just going to say this before it goes anymore off-topic:

saying that Pyro is a potato or legitimately considering "it" when referring to them is extremely dehumanizing towards people who identify as nonbinary and them being a fictional character doesn't mean you can make transphobic jokes or comments about them because those are harmful towards real life people who may find positive representation in Pyro being genderless

also assuming only male or female pronouns exist or defaulting to male pronouns for a genderless character is something that shouldn't be done (as well as using dehumanizing pronouns such as "it") and it would be much better to use they/them pronouns since Pyro's gender is unknown or they identify as something outside of the gender binary in lore

that is the last and only thing I will say about this topic since we've derailed enough and this isn't a gender-speculation thread about a TF2 character

And this is why Valve rules the world

If Pyro is added it'll be because Valve has taken over Klei and wants to slowly torture their fans with mind boggling questions. 

Up next, is Wilson really a Gentleman?

Klei is just saying thank you to Valve for adding their ideas to Tf2.

Alright so back on topic, I wouldn't mind seeing pyro as an offical mod, Pyro got added to killing floor for those who bought KF when TF2 held its promo for it (or is it for everyone who owns TF2 and KF?)

I liked pyro being in that game just because I like tf2, and yeah if pyro does get added to DST then we might have the problem of people seeing pyro when they dont want to

Solution? Replace the pyro texture files with something else

as soon as my health allows it I'd be happy to help do that if it's really that much of a problem for people

Fine, last post I'll make on the subject

It bothers be because as a non-binary person, seeing a character of ambiguous gender makes me happy. Seeing said character being constantly questioned and analyzed on what their "real gender is" ("real" being male or female) Makes me sad, and then on top of that people have to go and say "Well Pyro isnt male or female! Therefore they must be a potato" is extremely dehumanizing to people like me who identify outside the gender binary. Yes Pyro isnt a real person, but it bothers me because people have the same mentality about me and other people who are non-binary.

So there.

I know how you feel (without going into detail about it) and I probably have a different view on it from you, but intent makes a big difference. People referring to Pyro almost always do it in a very lighthearted way, without malicious intent, and ultimately, it makes a fairly big point that it doesn't even matter. Pyro is good at what they do, which is what matters. But like I said, you seem to view it differently, and that's perfectly fine.

To clear things up, I was not talking about current Pyro.

I was talking about concept art Pyro.

Who to me, looks like a Potato Man (In the sense his features are kinda bumpy)

If people want to believe Pyro is genderless, great.

If people want to believe Pyro is female, awesome.

If people want to believe Pyro is male, hoorah!

Otherwise? Fantastic! It's your headcanon and your headcanon alone. Just don't force it on people because everybody has different beliefs and different levels of knowledge of the trans/non-binary community.

Basically that. People won't give it a rest so VALVe just fuels the fire. 

Just as much if not more than the community does.

attachicon.gifi have a question.png

It's all in good fun though. Pyro looked like a sentient potato in the concept art and my theory is that they're a mobile suit piloted by Archimedes. 

No, Pyro is a legendary combination of Gabe Newell and Robin Walker

Me (Pyromailmann) is a flightless, single horned dragon.

But, let's get back on topic now.

It bothers be because as a non-binary person, seeing a character of ambiguous gender makes me happy. Seeing said character being constantly questioned and analyzed on what their "real gender is" ("real" being male or female) Makes me sad, and then on top of that people have to go and say "Well Pyro isnt male or female! Therefore they must be a potato" is extremely dehumanizing to people like me who identify outside the gender binary. Yes Pyro isnt a real person, but it bothers me because people have the same mentality about me and other people who are non-binary.

So there.

I've been trying to word a reply for 20 minutes. I can't find the right words, and so I'll politely disagree with your post and move on.

One thing I can take issue with is that the "So there." at the end of your post makes you seem incredibly arrogant and pompous, as if your word is the be-all-and-end-all. Even if unintentional, it just seems quite rude.

Anyway, after our quick detour through the magical world of gender, shall we get back on topic before this gets messy, as it inevitably would, most likely?

Yes, this is not the place for that discussion.

I'm interested to see what Klei is going to do with the Pyro. I don't play Team Fortress 2 (I tried it, didn't really like it) but I'm interested in the character.

Yes, this is not the place for that discussion.

I'm interested to see what Klei is going to do with the Pyro. I don't play Team Fortress 2 (I tried it, didn't really like it) but I'm interested in the character.

Pyrovision looks great, can't wait to see what happens to all the hallucinations! :grin:

seeing as Don't Starve Together will be a thing it will effect me if someone else chooses to play as them

no I won't bash people for playing as them

no I won't think less of them

no I won't play as the character myself

I just don't like Pyro in the first place or TF2 and think it's annoying to have reference characters in a game like this

just because you don't play as a character yourself doesn't mean it doesn't effect you in some way, and mocking others for being upset over this is really pointless???

it's not like we're saying we're going to stop playing the game or it's ruined we're just saying we hope it's not shoved in our faces

Its like getting a christmas sweater from Klei. You may not want it, and you may not appreciate it, but they had all the right intentions when giving it to you.

Then you can throw it in the trash when they arent looking and never think about it again.

I just see this as "I don't want it there, because I don't like it, even though it doesn't change anything around me"

Sorry if I cant understand the reasoning behind that.

I don't think you can derail a thread when the only posted context is "Look at artwork I found of pyro", and all the comments are about pyro.

Also, if they do add pyro, please dont make them fire resistant. Willow is underbalanced as it is, we dont need her to be even less unique x.x

saying that Pyro is a potato or legitimately considering "it" when referring to them is extremely dehumanizing towards people who identify as nonbinary and them being a fictional character doesn't mean you can make transphobic jokes or comments about them because those are harmful towards real life people who may find positive representation in Pyro being genderless

To be fair, its plenty up to the person in question whether "it" can be used to describe them.

But, seeing as the Pyro is a fictional character, I guess we will never know~

Its like getting a christmas sweater from Klei. You may not want it, and you may not appreciate it, but they had all the right intentions when giving it to you.

Then you can throw it in the trash when they arent looking and never think about it again.

I just see this as "I don't want it there, because I don't like it, even though it doesn't change anything around me"

Sorry if I cant understand the reasoning behind that.

I would love it if Klei sent me a sweater. I would also love it if they added the wyro... in a non-intrusive way that doesn't mess up the theme.

If Pyro overheard us talking about Pyro's gender, the only reaction we would get is "Hudda Hudda Huh", followed by a creepy stare.

Pretty sure Pyro wouldn't care about anything you said. Its all goos and gahs.

If Pyro overheard us talking about Pyro's gender, the only reaction we would get is "Hudda Hudda Huh", followed by a creepy stare.

Pretty sure Pyro wouldn't care about anything you said. Its all goos and gahs.

Which Pyro? There's me and... *not Wyro*

Fine, last post I'll make on the subject

So there.

Once more Maximum124 takes something too seriously.

Once more Maximum124 takes something too seriously.

"Id like for me and people like me to be seen as people and to be respected as such and it bothers me when people don't"

"lol youre taking it too seriously"

????????????????????????????????????

Im sorry this is off topic but

holy moly

@ArcticFox789 too, it wasnt even an argument? You asked for how I felt and I told you? You can't just say that "I disagree" when I'm talking about myself and my own gender and feelings? Are you saying that you dont believe I feel this way? And saying "so there" doesnt freaking mean anything holy crap

Im sorry If this is off topic I just don't want to be treated like this anymore

Im done, PM me if you really want to "argue" about this more, because I will not derail this thread further.

Stop derailing, please.  Arguing over gender isn't the point of this thread, and flaming definitely isn't needed either. 

EDIT: Here's where I stand.  The way I see it, adding a TF2 character to the game just - at its core - wouldn't add much.  I mean, I get if they're trying to repay Valve for the Don't Starve promo stuff, but that was just a hat and a weapon in a game with hundreds of hats and weapons.  A whole new character in a group of eleven is far, far overdoing it as payback goes.  That, and we already have a pyromaniac, completely ruining Willow's uniqueness.  I just don't see the point.

Pyro's real name must start with a W.

Slowly the pieces are coming together.

And when we have all the pieces, we will learn a secret of Klei.

Multiplayer is coming They like balloonicorn.

Please make it a mod. Please make it a mod. Please make it a mod. Please make it a mod. Please make it a mod. Please make it a mod. Please make it a mod. Please make it a mod.Please make it a mod.Please make it a mod. Please make it a mod. Please make it a mod. Please make it a mod. Please make it a mod. Please make it a mod.Please make it a mod. Please make it a mod. Please make it a mod. Please make it a mod. Please make it a mod.Please make it a mod.Please make it a mod.Please make it a mod.Please make it a mod. Please make it a mod.Please make it a mod.Please make it a mod.Please make it a mod.Please make it a mod.Please make it a mod.Please make it a mod.Please make it a mod.Please make it a mod.Please make it a mod.Please make it a mod.Please make it a mod.Please make it a mod.Please make it a mod.Please make it a mod. Please make it a mod. Please make it a mod.Please make it a mod. Please make it a mod. Please make it a mod. Please make it a mod. Please make it a mod.Please make it a mod.

And let's not forget Soon.

Pyro's real name must start with a W.

Slowly the pieces are coming together.

And when we have all the pieces, we will learn a secret of Klei.

Multiplayer is coming They like balloonicorn.

Theory Warning:

The multiplayer will include the The Balloonichester and the Pyro, as a homage to TF2 and their advertisement.

TF2 is multiplayer soon will Don't Starve

Don't Starve is morbid, akin to the deaths of those in the battlefield of TF2.

Archived