New Pictures In The Game Files

Alright, we'll just have to wait for Pyro's lore right after we hear Willow's...  And Wolfgang's...  And Wendy's...

Really, Wilson and Maxwell are the only two characters that are actually associated with the "lore" of the game.  The others are inferred through their speech files and mannerisms and such, and I have a sneaky suspicion Pyro won't be having any speech files.

The precious implied lore remains intact.

I feel Pyro is going to be somehow related to Willow.

I feel Pyro is going to be somehow related to Willow.

Yep.  Pyro's suit gets thrust into the Don't Starve world, and Willow puts it on and dons all of Pyro's mannerisms and powers.

There you go, lore-iacs, it fits now.

Yep.  Pyro's suit gets thrust into the Don't Starve world, and Willow puts it on and dons all of Pyro's mannerisms and powers.

I for one am satisfied with this fanfic

I for one am satisfied with this fanfic

I'm semi-satisfied. I'm for Pyro and predicted relations between both Willow and Pyro (or a friendship).

I find it dumb that people think Pyro won't fit in the game just for lore. I'm happy that Pyro will be ingame and that's it.

I'm semi-satisfied. I'm for Pyro and predicted relations between both Willow and Pyro (or a friendship).

I find it dumb that people think Pyro won't fit in the game just for lore. I'm happy that Pyro will be ingame and that's it.

to be honest, I'd be satisfied with anything cuz it's not that big of deal either way (to me)

to be honest, I'd be satisfied with anything cuz it's not that big of deal either way (to me)

it's not that big of deal either way

not that big of deal either way

not that big of deal

1341996135552762_animate.gif

I want Pyro to be in the game. Do they fit in? That's evidently arguable, but it's also an OPTIONAL character.

If they do add the Pyro, you can very much choose to completely ignore their existence in the game. Some people will be happy to play as the Pyro, even just to mess around, and you're not being forced into anything. So don't be ruinin' other peops' fun, you damned cream-filled socks.

That's right, I'm talking to you!

No not you, the pretty one.

Klei let mi hav pyro 2 ply as plz

Alright, I know I'm not going to convince anyone, because open-onions, but:

Really, how does Pyro not fit into the Don't Starve style?  Don't Starve is highly focused on sanity, something that Pyro clearly does not have a lot of.  I imagine it's going to be a real challenge keeping Pyro sane.

Maybe Klei isn't trying to get more money from this.  Maybe they just thought "Wow, Pyro would really fit well into our game.  Wouldn't it be cool if we added him?  Hey guys!  We're adding a new character you can use to your game!  For free!  Isn't that great?"  *Suddenly, complaints about free DLC*

But What I'm really disappointed about is the fact that people think the inclusion of Pyro, mod or not, would destroy the Don't Starve lore/universe/game.  Do you really think Klei of all companies would purposefully introduce something broken and out-of-place that would completely screw with the game?  If Klei does end up releasing this, you can bet your bottom-dollar that they'll have refined it to a point where it's balanced, it's fitting, and it's fun.

Worrying over something like this is just plain unnecessary.  Don't Starve is Klei's baby, and I don't think they'd add anything to it that would harm the game.

So what EA should add Kratos to Madden NFL just because he's a big hunky white dude? Sure they can but it sounds forced and just stupid. Plus how the hell would Klei even make lore for Pyro? We already have a pyromaniac and her name is Willow. I wouldn't mind Pyro as a mod but this art is pointing him/her being officially added into the game. Klei is not some gem of perfection and grace, and that's what pisses me off most here. To just say Klei is beyond faults and knows what to do is dumb.  To me Pyro smells more like money and advertising than fire and originality.

So what EA should add Kratos to Madden NFL just because he's a big hunky white dude? Sure they can but it sounds forced and just stupid. Plus how the hell would Klei even make lore for Pyro? We already have a pyromaniac and her name is Willow. I wouldn't mind Pyro as a mod but this art is pointing him/her being officially added into the game. Klei is not some gem of perfection and grace, and that's what pisses me off most here. To just say Klei is beyond faults and knows what to do is dumb.  To me Pyro smells more like money and advertising than fire and originality.

"Plus how the hell would Klei even make lore for Pyro?"

Here's the kicker: They won't.  Just like they didn't make lore for most of the other characters.

"Klei is not some gem of perfection and grace, and that's what pisses me off most here. To just say Klei is beyond faults and knows what to do is dumb."

Did I say that they were perfect?  No.  Nobody is perfect.  But I do know this: they are the ones that know what's best for their Don't Starve, and I have faith that they'll do what's in the property's best interest.

"To me Pyro smells more like money and advertising than fire and originality."

It really seems more to me like a "Hey, wouldn't it be cool if _____ was in the game?" kind of thing.  I know I could see Pyro fitting into the game, due to the low insanity factor.

Really, how does Pyro not fit into the Don't Starve style?  Don't Starve is highly focused on sanity, something that Pyro clearly does not have a lot of.  I imagine it's going to be a real challenge keeping Pyro sane.

No. Don't Starve is more focused on your hunger. You can survive with complete insanity, but you can't live without feeding yourself.

And for f*ck's sake Pyro doesn't even have a mouthpiece.

*Long post about how Pyro ruins the game's immersion in every way possible*

No. Don't Starve is more focused on your hunger. You can survive with complete insanity, but you can't live without feeding yourself.

And for f*ck's sake Pyro doesn't even have a mouthpiece.

*Long post about how Pyro ruins the game's immersion in every way possible*

All the more reason it'll be interesting to see how they pull this off.

"Plus how the hell would Klei even make lore for Pyro?"

Here's the kicker: They won't.  Just like they didn't make lore for Wes.

"Klei is not some gem of perfection and grace, and that's what pisses me off most here. To just say Klei is beyond faults and knows what to do is dumb."

Did I say that they were perfect?  No.  Nobody is perfect.  But I do know this: they are the ones that know what's best for their Don't Starve, and I have faith that they'll do what's in the property's best interest.

"To me Pyro smells more like money and advertising than fire and originality."

It really seems more to me like a "Hey, wouldn't it be cool if _____ was in the game?" kind of thing.  I know I could see Pyro fitting into the game, due to the low insanity factor.

So do the other characters, and how Charlie became the grue, and them, and the lost civilization..Point is I'd rather have Klei try to bother to do lore for the other characters and themes before adding a established character in their game.

At the moment I'm not even fully sure if Klei knows what's best. From hardly communicating to us, to not adding tallbirds life cycles, buffing krampus and pandering I have my doubts they know what's best now.

Yeah a guy with a modern looking flamethrower and a modern looking fire retardant suit from a completely different game of a different genre in a game with a Victorian theme to it and a established setting, so fitting. Klei might as well add the rest of the team sense they fit in so well too.

So do the other characters, and how Charlie became the grue, and them, and the lost civilization..Point is I'd rather have Klei try to bother to do lore for the other characters and themes before adding a established character in their game.

At the moment I'm not even fully sure if Klei knows what's best. From hardly communicating to us, to not adding tallbirds life cycles, buffing krampus and pandering I have my doubts they know what's best now.

Yeah a guy with a modern looking flamethrower and a modern looking fire retardant suit from a completely different game of a different genre in a game with a Victorian theme to it and a established setting, so fitting. Klei might as well add the rest of the team sense they fit in so well too.

I don't see a flamethrower anywhere in those items.

And Wortox really looks like he belongs in Don't Starve.  Gosh, I sure remember learning about the underground demons from the 1920s in my history books.  Right along with the science machines, ancient alters and tallbirds.

My point being, this is freaking Don't Starve.  Just about anything goes here.

And Wortox really looks like he belongs in Don't Starve.  Gosh, I sure remember learning about the underground demons from the 1920s in my history books.  Right along with the science machines, ancient alters and tallbirds.

You get my point.

Wortox hasn't even been added, he's been in the games files sense the very beginning. Plus Wortox isn't in an already established game, The game is called "Wilderness game full of science and magic" for a reason you know. 

What if the devs added Commander Shepard into the game? Or what about Dark Vader and Yoda? Maybe if we're lucky Klei might add Steve from Minecraft in the game! I mean that couldn't be a problem sense ANYTHING goes after all like you said.

That flare gun look's like it would fit better in Ratchet & Clank then Don't Starve.

Characters like Wortox and Waverly have a better chance of fitting because the game has some Halloween stuff in the theme already. Still not the most fitting, but better then a 60's mercenary.

Just because the games theme is ridiculous doesn't mean they should get lost in randomness.   

You get my point.

Wortox hasn't even been added, he's been in the games files sense the very beginning. Plus Wortox isn't in an already established game, The game is called "Wilderness game full of science and magic" for a reason you know. 

What if the devs added Commander Shepard into the game? Or what about Dark Vader and Yoda? Maybe if we're lucky Klei might add Steve from Minecraft in the game! I mean that couldn't be a problem sense ANYTHING goes after all like you said.

oh no you just said "Dark Vader."

You get my point.

Dark Vader? How dare you.

But anyway, since I'm replying: I agree with your points, though I wouldn't mind if Pyro were added as a "official" mod, in the same sense as the Screecher was released. I'd much rather have Wortox or some other of their own characters be the priority, though.

oh no you just said "Dark Vader."

Dark Vader? How dare you.

But anyway, since I'm replying: I agree with your points, though I wouldn't mind if Pyro were added as a "official" mod, in the same sense as the Screecher was released. I'd much rather have Wortox or some other of their own characters be the priority, though.

Well that's embarrassing.

I'm done trying to convince people that this is a good thing.  If you want to go about worrying that Pyro is going to destroy the game, then go ahead, I won't stop you.

I'll be to busy setting rabbits on fire with my flare gun and frolicking with my Balloonichester to hear your complaints.

All the more reason it'll be interesting to see how they pull this off.

It's so obvious how they're going to pull it off, it hurts. He's obviously going to have some sanity perk, along with his special weapons/pals that'll help him burn everything.

I like how two of my favorite companies are collaborating, but this..

I'm done trying to convince people that this is a good thing.  If you want to go about worrying that Pyro is going to destroy the game, then go ahead, I won't stop you.

I'll be to busy setting rabbits on fire with my flare gun and frolicking with my Balloonichester to hear your complaints.

AF3J5.gif

Puns intended.

It's so obvious how they're going to pull it off, it hurts. He's obviously going to have some sanity perk, along with his special weapons/pals that'll help him burn everything.

I like how two of my favorite companies are collaborating, but this..

BURN!

Puns intended.

When I said "All the more reason it'll be interesting to see how they pull this off", I was taking about how Pyro was going to eat, mostly.

Also, this is my preferred "burn" image macro:

Cover_burn_with_sterile_bandage.jpg

Saying the characters don't have lore is just plain untrue. All of them have some lore, even Wes, though he doesn't have anywhere near as much.

He has a lore, a lore to my admiration and a lore to my heart. But he can go screw off because he has NO NEGATIVE perks! >:C

Pyro is going to be cool. The second his atlas is released I'm going to make a player 2,3,4 for it.

Archived