Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

emrextreme

[Crash] module 'stringutil' error in log file

emrextreme    53

After installing today's patch for dlc, i can no longer start the game. I'm using the standalone version. No mods are installed.

Ed: Latest update fixed this issue. 

log.txt

emrextreme    53

Is there a way to downgrade the game at least till it's fixed? I can't play the game right now, i'm not gonna update the game immediately again. That sucks.

DevilXD    49

Solution according to log.txt:

Open stringutil.lua in text editor

In the last line add "end"

Save file

It's not tested, but should work...

emrextreme    53

There is already "end" in the last line. There are two stringutil.lua files and both have "end" in the last line. Thanks anyway.

DevilXD    49

Oh... Looks like Klei messed up more things than I though...

I can try fixing more, but what if there will be another error? And another?

I think, the best thing to do now, is to patiently wait for another update...

It happens so often not just with Klie. I'm kinda worried tho seeing as my launcher still looks like it's trying to download the last patch. Is this normal? will it be able to recognize a new one?! Can you guys keep me posted when you recieve a new patch and the games working again?! I'm new to PC gaming! I loved the PS4 version so much when I heard of reign of giants I couldn't wait.

Muflak    31

I now have the same problem with the standalone version (102372): the game doesn't start anymore :cry:

Asztrik    4

Is there a way to downgrade the game at least till it's fixed? I can't play the game right now, i'm not gonna update the game immediately again. That sucks.

I don't think there's a way to downgrade it, but what i'm doing is always saving the previous versions to a different folder, or an external hdd before I update the game, and if the updated one works i just delete the saved ones, I know this doesn't helps you now ,but you might wanna consider doing something like this in the future. I was stuck on a not working version for 1-2weeks so i know what it's like

Asztrik    4

Asztik THAT makes me shudder! Don't crush me lil hopes that'll be playable sometime today! :(

I had to wait because steam didn't downloaded the update which would fixed it(probably 'cause of my internet connection problems -> low wifi signal and the likes) but the hotfix was out in 1-2 days in my case , so don't worry I'm sure they will fix this soon too.

Muflak    31

Asztik THAT makes me shudder! Don't crush me lil hopes that'll be playable sometime today! :(

I'm sorry, but I really don't think that we're be able to play the game today :frown:

The Klei team doesn't seem to be aware of the problem right now. I guess if they would know about this - one of them would already told us that they are working on a fix.

How often are the admins on the boards? :( I just figured they liked to keep us in the dark and fix it immediately and hope not to many people notice lol.

I tried to email them earlier about it.... But I just got linked to the forums instead.... I didn't like that feeling of "Go fix it yourself"... *wimper*.  "hope it works out" dammit!

Klie I know you guys are busy people, but I'm not.

Please fix muh game :D please please

I'm done now I will keep my whine on silent until it's fixed :D

SethR    1,229

Hey everyone. Sorry about this--something went wrong in our build pipeline and the patch got pushed out before it was ready. I'm building a hotfix for this crash right now.

More info on the patch later on.

SethR    1,229

Hotfix didn't work either, it gives this error;

http://imgur.com/WU2izWd

I'm not able to reproduce that crash. Can you provide any additional details of how the crash is occurring? Also, are you certainly you're fully up-to-date?

4k33m    26

i get the exact same error Allthough it seems that this time it patched the following file 102372_102481.zip. Maybe i'm wrong but i thought this was new this time. My revision number says 100982.

What information do you need?

MartyMcFly    2

Also got the latest update to 102481. When I start the game it crashes, same log as emreextreme posted. I got the standalone.

Before the latest hotfix the game just did not even show any error. When I clicked start in the Klei Updater the screen turned black for a few seconds and then went back to desktop like nothing happened. Now after your hotfix I at least get the error message.

Hope you can fix this. Thanks for your feedback.