The Golden Hammys

TRENTOMINOUS

Yes,

Once again I have revived the old Oscar-like-project

There are 5 categories, each with 5 nominees. I have chosen the nominees because of their out standing work in the section they are nominated for, NOT BECAUSE OF FAVORITISM.

Catogories are

Best Artist

Best Writer

Best Roleplayer

Best Modder

Best Overall Forum-goer

I will announce the date that the voting begins, but expect it within the next 3-4  months at the most.

I  know that a lot of you have lost interest in this never ending project, but I vowed that it would be completed and I have no intention of breaking that promise.

The actual Golden Hammys will be signature pictures that has the winners information on it. The pattern for the Hammys will be kept in hiding so that illegal copying can be kept at a minimum.

Other information will be posted here soon

If these Hammys actually succeed, apparently unlike the last (or same?) one, will there be more or would that be overdoing it at this point?

I want an award gosh darn it, and I will punch a small [iNSERT OBJECT, ANIMAL, OR PERSON HERE] to get it. Me need.

If these Hammys actually succeed, apparently unlike the last (or same?) one, will there be more or would that be overdoing it at this point?

I want an award gosh darn it, and I will punch a small [iNSERT OBJECT, ANIMAL, OR PERSON HERE] to get it. Me need.

Seeing as all the older forum-goers are avoiding this thread like the plague, I would say that it is very unlikely at this point that there would be a second one.

Well personally I am one of the newbies so I don't know why others would avoid the thread, seems like a cool idea....of course my question is how many members vote on the nominees? How many vote on the final?

Nominee votes were done several months ago,

everyone votes in the finall

Nominee votes were done several months ago,

everyone votes in the finall

Are you sure nominee votes are still applicable months after they were cast? Considering how people have come and gone, it may not be the best decision to go and use votes that may not even hold true today anymore...

Then again, I don't really know much about the work process behind the Hammys...

Mid-Typing Edit: Ninja'd

Hold up.  Why am I nominated for best story?

Because you wrote this:

It's Time for...

Storytime with Spinorex

A recording by Eternity Inc.

*Children flock into the classroom, speaking random chatter*

*Collectively scream upon seeing Spinorex*

"Calm down, calm down!  Surely you've seen a walking shadow with red eyes and glasses before!"

*Screams continue*

"MOOOOOOOMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

"I'M GOING TO READ THIS STORY WETHER OR NOT YOU STOP SCREAMING!"

"ONCE UPON A TIME, THERE WAS A CATERPILLAR.  THE CATERPILLAR ATE LEAVES!  LEAVES!  AND IT LIKED THEM.  BUT THE CATERPILLAR WAS SO UGLY THAT THE BIRDS WOULDN'T EAT HIM, AND THIS MADE HIM FEEL SAD.  WHICH DOESN'T REALLY MAKE SENSE!  I MEAN, DID HE FEEL LEFT OUT OR SOMETHING?  IS IT SOME KIND OF CATERPILLAR AD TO BE VICIOUSLY TORN TO SHREDS BY A FLYING DEATH MACHINE?  I DON'T KNOW AND I DON'T CARE!  BACK TO THE FREAKING STORY!"

*Screams continue, even louder.*

"ONE DAY, THE CATERPILLAR WAS SO SAD HE WANTED TO HIDE AWAY SOMEWHERE SO NOBODY WOULD SEE HOW UGLY HE WAS!  SO IT CLOSED ITSELF UP IN A SILK BLANKET AND TRIED TO HANG HIMSELF ON A LEAF  HE JUST GOT STUCK, AND WAS LEFT HANGING THERE!  SO HE DECIDED TO TAKE A NAP!  WHEN HE WOKE UP, HE WAS A BEAUTIFUL BUTTERFLY!  HE FLEW OFF, FLAUNTING HIS BEAUTY, WHEN A BIRD SAW HIM AND TORE HIM INTO LITTLE STRIPS!  THE MORAL OF THE STORY IS DON'T SHOW OFF OR YOU'LL BE KILLED BE A GIANT BIRD!"

At this moment, a giant bird flew past the window and saw the children's "Wall of Fame", which depicted all the good little children's hard work.  The bird attacked.  Nobody ever saw the children, or the entire classroom, ever again.  The above recording, which ended in the sound of shattering glass and more screaming, was found in a large pile of dung.  Lord Battal, the Supreme Overgod of Hell, refuses to release any information on the children's whereabouts. 

I'm Charlie Carter, reporting live from Max News.  Back to you, Cthulhu...

(Originally posted by and created by @Lord_Battal in the thread "Hey, Forumers. You had better find something to eat before night comes...")

A true masterpiece.

WHAT!? Symage isn't on the list for best artist? Sir, just check his comics and you'll see that he makes art of a quality that would make Leonard DaVinci's art look poorly drawn. 

I know,

but I had some of my old judges decide on these people, as to be fair to everyone

WHAT!? Symage isn't on the list for best artist? Sir, just check his comics and you'll see that he makes art of a quality that would make Leonard DaVinci's art look poorly drawn. 

His off-topic posts cancel any of that out.

Eh, seems like a popularity contest with no real merit that will do more harm than good. That's why we have the 'like' system.

Unlike last time, I'm trying to eliminate all of the negative things by jumping right into the contest, and actually providing legitimate progress and hopefully a conclusion.  

Unlike last time, I'm trying to eliminate all of the negative things by jumping right into the contest, and actually providing legitimate progress and hopefully a conclusion.  

Should people here nominate others though rather than have some pre-selected forumers, some of who aren't here any more? 

Should people here nominate others though rather than have some pre-selected forumers, some of who aren't here any more?

Earlier in the months I had some select people choose the nominees, and as far as I know most of those people on that list are still here

Not really a need to put a spotlight on a select few, chosen by biased people (sure, you chose the nominees and the judges picked a select few, but you all have your personal favourites already). The "post your top 3 forum members" and the wiki thread come to mind again(the latter made myself biased on any of these kind of things), but it's a fact more harm than good has come out of them. This should be prevented from happening again, for everyone involved.

If you'd want a truely non-biased award show, there should have been someone neutral, that isn't befriended with anyone involved.
This isn't meant to critisize you or a personal attack, just giving my stance on the matter. If you think this award show will bring positive things, by all means continue.

If you'd want a truely non-biased award show, there should have been someone neutral, that isn't befriended with anyone involved.

I agree, I'd quite like to see this come to fruition, but there's definitely some biased choices, for example, I'm certainly not in the 'Top 5' forum members. Nowhere even close.

Archived