It Lies Underground (Closed)

Strangerdanger101

The depths worm gets out of the ground and begins to walk with its 4 ant-like legs. It walks directly in front of Webber, and doesn't notice Oxryklne yet.

Why have you come here, spider?

He is barely even able to make out Webber being a spider with his vision blurred.

He doesn't notice it looks like a humanoid spider due to his bad vision.

Suddenly, there is a loud....

*CRACK*

On closer inspection, it's a crack in the earth. It leads to a very small cave which appears to only have one "room."

There is a rock with words carved into it and a large intimidating picture of what looks like a large serpent with wings aswell as large horns and claws also carved into it.

The crack is directly below where Webber was standing, the depths worm proceeds to fall in.

The rock is actually really big, and there is a small pool of lava near it. Thankfully, Webber and the depths worm are not close to the lava pool at all.

You see weird looking horns that are shaped like the ones carved in the rock on the ground.

Edited by Strangerdanger101

<Oooh, real scary.  What him?>  Oxryklne says, slightly miffed nobody responded to him.

(The Effigy of Shadows is Shadowfall's true form, which we'll see IF SOMEBODY RESPONDS TRO MY FREAKIN RP SJGADIFASDFAULSDZ)

(I don't know how to doooo this...)

water_spirit_by_darkartist3-d5kyu21.jpg

Name: Tekrii

Race: Siren

Powers:

✿ Flight: Self explanitory. Tekrii can swim through the air, but it's more to her genetics than some sort of magical power. This is slightly draining on her energy pool, the same way running for a while is fatiguing.

✿ Fluid Manipulation: Tekrii can manipulate most liquids into shapes and positions that defy the laws of physics themselves. This is only slightly draining on her energy pool. She has to be able to see the liquid to manipulate it.

✿ Siren Song: Another form of magic in and of itself, Tekrii's enchanting melodies can persuade foes to perform basic tasks for her - even if it is just to throw them into a blood-lust and turn them against each other. The only downsides about this power is that it effects anyone who hears it, and thus could have adverse affects if an ally gets caught in the crossfire. It is moderately draining on her energy pool.

✿ Healing: It ties with her fluid manipulation, but Tekrii can perform healing magic. Depending on the wound, it can be very draining on her.

✿ Screech: One of Tekrii's strongest attacks, an ear-piercing wail that is certain to cause temporary deafness and excruciating pain, leaving behind a loud ringing in the ears for, at the most, ten minutes. The lack of hearing is all she ever needed in order to finish off her prey. It is, therefore, the most draining attack she could perform.

Weaknesses:

✿ Easily Cut: The reason Sirens are so fluid and agile is because when they do get hit, they get hit hard. It can be very crippling to manage to land a good hit on a Siren, and whilst they can eventually heal, it's very draining on her.

✿Evaporation: Like most Sirens, Tekrii is used to the water, and it makes a large portion of her body. Therefore, flying under a sunny day for a while will start to make her weaken - she needs to either drink water, or sit in it. Anything so long as she replenishes the water that will slowly evaporate from her body. This is also why it's devastating to get hit - the water sloshes out everywhere and weakens her incredibly.

Instead of 3596 years of history, I believe it'll be better to enlighten you on what a Siren really is. At least, this type of Siren.

Branded by a misogynistic society, the Siren that everyone knows and loves happens to be a curvy, flirtatious woman whose sole purpose is to please sailors at sea in order to cause them to fall into the ocean, and giggle childishly at the sailor's misfortune. But perhaps a better insight into the siren is to consider the other meaning of the term "Siren" - a warning device that makes noises.

It is deliciously ironic, therefore, that sirens and Sirens are so closely linked, for if you were to meet an actual Siren, you'd wish that you had a warning beforehand.

They are as fluid and manipulative and cold as the sea waters from which they were spawned upon, usually on rocky islands. Birthed in the hundreds, these infants have to viciously rip each other to shreds until only a mere handful of children are left, deemed the strongest, and able to survive. They are aesexual and take on an appearance of a human female to distract their prey, which usually happens to be male sailors, whilst they force them to attack their own kind the same way they had to when they were little, leaving nought but a ship full of gore and entrails, and perhaps one weakened survivor who is then picked apart by the Sirens.

The armour of a Siren is incredibly durable and tough, but embarrassingly revealing due to their nature. They are confident in their abilities as the strongest and therefore do not require such petty things as defensive armour, especially with healing magics being passed down through generations. It is partially because of this that Siren armour is so revealing - even if, on the slim chance that one happens to defeat a Siren and kill her entirely, they reap no rewards except a puddle of water and a few scraps of clothing. It's symbolic - the Siren believes that being defeated is an insult to her kin and therefore does not reward the killer with anything useful.

​Many rumours surround a Siren's alluring charm, most of them are false and just exaggerated wives' tales from the very rare survivors of an attack. In order to make themselves seem more heroic, they explain how they were powerless against her beauty, when in fact the Siren was probably ripping the flesh off of his best friend whilst he hid in a barrel and held his breath. They do look aesthetically pleasing, but there is nothing alluring about the way they act.

The best way to defeat a Siren is to make friends with a Siren, because their flight and trickery and manipulation will surely be prone to turn against you should you attempt to cross blades with her. Cases of Siren deaths from anything other than another Siren are, of course, heard of. This is why Sirens usually attack in packs.

(I'm rather new to RP, but not new to storywriting, so forgive me if I don't understand terminology and other things. What is Godmodding, exactly?)

Normally, this would be none of your concern. But it looks like i have no choice but to use your help... for now. He was locked away by Maxwell long ago when he plugged up most of the sinkholes that lead to caves. They call him Dracul. But this isn't the end of the world, yet. If the prophecy is correct, he will come 15 days after this huge crack appears.

By looking at the rock, it says:

Deep in the depths of the world, there lies a ancient evil that has been awakened once again... He will return, and consume all. Just as a blade rends flesh, so must the cursed ones scar the spirit, Only those with the heart of a champion will stand a chance against... Dracul. He will return after 15 nights and come after all those who refuse to serve him.

I worked for him once, but that's none of your business.

(Godmodding is controlling someone elses character or forcing them to be killed without their owners permission/against their owners will. Also instantly freezing them or stunning them or something without their owners permission.)

I can't believe i'm saying this... but none of us can defeat Dracul alone. I wouldn't be working with you if it wasn't needed to continue our existance. I'll give both of you a fair portion of the food too. Just let me do the hunting. Oh, and my name is Delmar.

Delmar turns in Webber's direction.

No, Vampires don't exist. Silly. They're just a myth. He's half dragon. Dracul means 'devil' or 'dragon.' He is half dragon, after all.

There is no killing, yet. But expect him to send a few minions soon. Do you see those horns on the ground? Those are HIS horns. He is buried right beneath this crack. He can't move or talk yet, but he can still contact his minions with telepathy. For now, we prepare. You hungry, beetle? and.... humanoid spider thing? It will be night soon anyway