Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

ghost9610    2

How can I change the content of the screen after clicking the button?

*Change the Texts, and adding some textures into screen.

I have this code, but when I click into button "Next" and open console's log (Ctrl+L) - It's don't write "ended!"

local ButtonNextPage = self.menu:AddChild(ImageButton())        <..some parameters there..>        ButtonNextPage:SetText("Next")		ButtonNextPage:SetOnClick( self:ButtNextPage() )<..some code there..>function TestScreen:ButtNextPage()	print("ended!") --for testingend

Also what I need to change:

<..some code there..>self.page1 = self.root:AddChild(Text(BODYTEXTFONT, 20))        <..some parameters..>	self.page1:EnableWordWrap(true) 	self.page1:SetString(STRINGS.TESTSCREEN_PAGE_1)

So, how can I change the text and force the button to work?

squeek    230

You're passing the return value (nil) of self:ButtNextPage() to SetOnClick instead of the function. To use a member function as a callback, you need to wrap it in another function like so:

local ButtonNextPage = self.menu:AddChild(ImageButton())        <..some parameters there..>        ButtonNextPage:SetText("Next")        ButtonNextPage:SetOnClick( function() self:ButtNextPage() end ) <..some code there..> function TestScreen:ButtNextPage()    print("ended!") --for testingend
Not sure what you're asking in the second question.

ghost9610    2

@squeek, thanks, button working. In second question I just asked for function OnUpdate (or something like this) - I just can't understand how do we call for this function?