Multiplayer sanity effects?

For the balance thing, Hallucinations are easy anyway.

As for the laziness, it could be code-wise, but it would imply more, storywise.

Sure Aliens would destruct evrything in the game, but, I guess you've read some Lovecraft stories, and you saw that, for example, in "The dreams in the Witch house", that these creatures from another world (i.e. aliens) don't ruin the atmosphere at all.

I guess, it just needs to be told right

Since this thread is back, I would like to point out the shadow creatures are indeed real creatures, this has been confirmed since the Insanity Update.

Low sanity is not fatal, but strange creatures from another time and place are attracted to madness.

http://www.dontstarvegame.com/blog/update-insanity

When you tie all of the lore together you can come to the conclusion that the shadow creatures are Them.

I'm guessing that if you're insane, you get shadoiw creatures attacking you. If someone is insane and you're half insane, you could see the player fighting the nightmares, but you couldn't help out sinse you're not insane. If you're sane, all you'll just see from an insane person is them fighting nothing and probably having nightmare fuel dropped from nowhere. This would make sense.

The real question is; how would beardlords and beardlings work? My guess is that if a sane person kills a Beardlord/beardling (which is a bunnyman/rabbit for the sane person), the insane person would see beardlord/beardling dropping normal rabbit/bunnymen items. The other way round would be that if the insane person kills a beardling/beardlord, which would be rabbit/bunnyman for the sane person, the sane person would see rabbit/bunnyman drop beardling/bearlord items. This in my opinion would be the only way it would work. It could work that they become beardlords/beardlings if only one person is insane, but then it would just be unfair towards sane people.

I'm guessing that if you're insane, you get shadoiw creatures attacking you. If someone is insane and you're half insane, you could see the player fighting the nightmares, but you couldn't help out sinse you're not insane. If you're sane, all you'll just see from an insane person is them fighting nothing and probably having nightmare fuel dropped from nowhere. This would make sense.

The real question is; how would beardlords and beardlings work? My guess is that if a sane person kills a Beardlord/beardling (which is a bunnyman/rabbit for the sane person), the insane person would see beardlord/beardling dropping normal rabbit/bunnymen items. The other way round would be that if the insane person kills a beardling/beardlord, which would be rabbit/bunnyman for the sane person, the sane person would see rabbit/bunnyman drop beardling/bearlord items. This in my opinion would be the only way it would work. It could work that they become beardlords/beardlings if only one person is insane, but then it would just be unfair towards sane people.

I wonder if it's possible for the "low or no sanity items" to drop but ONLY be accessible (or even visible) by said sanity level players? 

Then again, I'm still trying to figure out how multiple players can try to access the same item at the same time and resolve one of them getting it without crashing (as the other multiplayer mods do) if an item is attempted accessed at the same time? 

I'd like to see players interact with the same shadows as well, but only if both are insane. Even if they are real things they are still only attracted by madness and seem to only be visible for the real mad men. If one player is only close to insane but not below 30 yet they can only see the same shadows. If another player is fully sane they should not be able to see any shadows attacking their insane friend. That'd be awesome~

Uh, side note; I noticed there's text on Wilson's forehead in the Insanity poster? Was that ever revealed to be a puzzle that I missed?

Guys, i though about the problem of Obelisks. It would be weird, if a insane character walked right throu a big obelisk that normally wont be possible to pass throu (by a sane person).

???

In theory the obelisk that Wilson or whom ever your playing would not be able to pass through it while being sane due to "Self-Preservation" logicly speaking that it would not be possible, But upon becoming insane the character would no longer have that "Sanity" to belive the object was truly there and would attempt to walk though it.

For Ex: You go into a room of mirrors and its hard to tell which ones are real and not. So the possibility of walking into one is possible. But at the same time one you thought was there could just be a optical illusion.

A Basic similar concept would apply or so i would think.

In theory the obelisk that Wilson or whom ever your playing would not be able to pass through it while being sane due to "Self-Preservation" logicly speaking that it would not be possible, But upon becoming insane the character would no longer have that "Sanity" to belive the object was truly there and would attempt to walk though it.

For Ex: You go into a room of mirrors and its hard to tell which ones are real and not. So the possibility of walking into one is possible. But at the same time one you thought was there could just be a optical illusion.

A Basic similar concept would apply or so i would think.

But how do you physically end up on the other side of the gates when sane again then? 

But how do you physically end up on the other side of the gates when sane again then? 

My guess is as simple as they go down when an insane person is near. Probably the easiest way to do it as well.

Archived