Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

ChaosTheory

[Gameplay] Neverending Rain

ChaosTheory    3

Please choose a category

[Gameplay]

]Platform

Steam

Do you use mods?
No

Version Number
 14:19:47

Issue title

Steps to reproduce

Describe your issue

I'm at the start of my second summer in my current game, about day 90-ish, and on the second day of summer it starts to rain and hasn't stopped for about 7 in-game days.

SethR    1,229

Hi @ChaosTheory - sorry for the slow response. I know it's been a while, but do you happen to still have the save file for that game? If so, could you upload it? Regardless, do you recall any additional details about what you did leading up to the point at which the bug occurred? Any details like if you'd gone in the caves (and for how long) or opened a winter trap chest, etc etc would be useful? I'd definitely like to fix this bug, but it's a bit hard to guess at what might have gone wrong without a lead on where to start looking. Thanks so much!

ChaosTheory    3

I don't have the save file anymore and I don't remember much of the game now, sorry. I know I hadn't gone into the caves at that point, though I did have a sinkhole opened, and I hadn't activated any traps. It was a normal transition from spring to summer, the rain started on the last day of spring and continued well into summer. It didn't stop until I quit the game  then the weather behaved normally until I died the following autumn. 

I've started a new game that is about to transition from winter to spring and it's been raining quite a bit, but I'm not sure if it's the same issue. I have the save file copied so if the rain doesn't stop on it's own I can upload that and try and get you more information.

SethR    1,229

Awesome, thanks for the additional info! I'll keep looking into it in the meantime. Please do let me know if you see it again.

PaicCitron    1

Hi !

I had that bug on 3 different times.

The first time was during one of my first RoG game. I started in spring then summer came. It started to rain for like 8 days before I died with wx-78. The poor guy was not prepared for so much water and overheating at the same time =). I didn't had time to visit the cave yet. I didn't make anything special on this save (no winter chest or special events).

The second time was not the first summer if I remember correctly. Rain started in the beginning of summer and I wanted to make sure that it was really never-ending. I was playing with wx-78 again and waited till mid autumn then ended up turning off the rain using console commands.. Caves had been opened but I don't remember how long I stayed down there.

The 3rd time rain started in the beginning of summer on a +300 days game. I've waited a couple of days and stopped the rain using console. I did spend of lot of time in the caves on this save.

Estel    30

Just for the record, yeard-and-a-half later, the bug is still not fixed. Spring rain still tends to "lock" into summer, and last eternally, unless banished by console power of:

GetSeasonManager():StopPrecip()

Necro or not, I'm just posting it for any lost soul that get hit by that unfixed (as many are, sadly) bug - I just spent whole lotta time to find that (relatively easy) workaround for "unstucking" it.

/Estel

Muflak    31

I think I'm getting the same bug. It started to rain in summer and not stopped until now.

If you use the console command will the weather be reset? I mean that there will be rain again in spring/autumn and not in summer?

If it still helps I uploaded my current save below.

Save.zip

Estel    30

The console command just stops current precipitation, nothing else, nothing more. If game decides that it is time for another rain (normal one, not the bugged kind), it will start it as normal.

/Estel

Muflak    31

A late answer :hypnotized:

Thank you very much, Estel. It worked perfect with the console command. Now the rain and seasons seem to be fixed and back to normal.

@Klei: If you ever plan to bring another update to RoG, it would be awesome if you could look at this issue, because it's kind of a "game breaking" bug if you have to deal with neverending rain.