Superstitions?

Personal superstition; I cannot have a full stack of grass or twigs. If ever I do, my first move is to split it in half and put the other half in a chest.

I can't stand the thought of having to make a second stack in my inventory just because I wanted to take advantage of some grass or twigs when I had nothing better to do.

EDIT: Okay, so this isn't actually a superstition. Whatever. I'm not a superstitious person, this is as close as I could get.

(Although I will admit to the "putting everything in chests" thing)

I purposely stage fights that don't need to happen. Crock pots are very useful. Also, when you first possibly can, create a bird cage. This allows you to turn monster meat from monsters you can kill easily into eggs, which she can eat.

Smart stuff. Thanks man. Happy hunting!

Yep, that's what I do. Although on my last run as wigfrid I kept a butterfly farm and used monstermeat + butterflies to make meatballs. Butterfly farms are much easier to maintain than vegetable farms, so butterflies are good filler, not to mention that it's a way more efficient use of monster meat. Meatballs are more than twice the value of monster meat, but you need 4 monster meat just to get 2 werepig meat.

Plus butterflies are more fun to farm because you have to kill them >=D

When winter comes and the butterflies disappear I just go back to werepig farming. I swear to god if you go by that strategy you will be buried in silk and pigskin before you know it. I ended up making a top hat for every single pig in my village just because I didn't know what to do with the stuff.

I personally always end up adopting a meat based diet anyway because the meat sources don't die out during winter, so it's more convenient just to build your farming infrastructure around meat to begin with. This is why I love Wigfrid; her "weakness" of being unable to eat anything but meat pretty much means nothing to me.

A butterfly farm is basically just a lot of flowers surrounded by walls, is it ?

And yes, on my new run at day 10 I already have 3 stacks of silk and like 7 spider eggs. I even tanked a queen and I had 200 hp at the end...

A butterfly farm is basically just a lot of flowers surrounded by walls, is it ?

And yes, on my new run at day 10 I already have 3 stacks of silk and like 7 spider eggs. I even tanked a queen and I had 200 hp at the end...

...it never occurred to me to use walls. I'm stupid.

Whenever I pick an evil flower, on purpose or by accident, I have to pick three more. Always have to pick a multiple of 4. And never burn them. I don't know why, but the thought of burning them frightens me. And the thought of having some and not being able to refine them.

The chance of getting Krampus' Sack is wayyyyyyy higher if you're playing as Wigfrid.

I've killed him twice as Wigfrid and got it both times. I don't know if I'm extremely lucky, but thats like a 0.01% chance according to the wiki

I always wait like 10-15 days before i put down an alchemy engine (even though I usually have the resources by the first or second day). When I do come to making a base I've usually mapped out the border of the entire map, and found most of the things, and then when I have made a base I barely use it. I usually just use it to dump stuff. There's usually 3 or 4 science machines in random places on the map too by the time I've finished.

I think I've only ever slept with 1 character on 1 world, I usually do all my log cutting or stone bashing in the dusk and middle of the night.

I've died from sanity problems so many times that I usually pick enough flowers for a flowerheadband thingy on the first day too, and then consistently have 12 flowers in my inventory until I have a tonne of silk.

Recently I've had an obsession with needing a pig helmet in my inventory too, and also been avoiding making farms cause they seem to waste more time and resource than they're worth. Whenever I do make farms I always have to make a bird cage to go with it, and I only ever grow pumpkins.

I was playing my game once.  Just playin around, getting some logs.  There were no spiders, pigs, or even bunnies.  The area was void of everything but trees.  I had my headphones in and I could hear things.  Tiny whispers, scratching, and eventually a blood curtailing scream.  The  sad part is that it was a quiet scream.  I passed it off as charlie, or something about insanity.  Soon I could hear the sounds getting closer and closer.  It got to the point to where I took off my ear phones.  I felt like quitting.  Then I heard Wilson say "Did you hear that?" The sounds started to come through the speakers.  I could hear the sound, it was like the sound when charlie stalks you.  Once again wilson said "Did you hear that?" The sound Got intense, the screams became loud.  I tried to exit the game.  No budge, it only got louder.  Then they game suddenly turned into night.  It was the middle of the day might I add.  Then the screaming stopped.  It was dark, no charlie.  Before I could leave, the scream started in higher volume and it was followed by other unintelligible noises.  On the screen I could see tiny white eyes slowly coming towards where Wilson was.  I could not move Wilson. The noises started to blend.  When it touched wilson, the game exited with a no response message. 

I was playing my game once.  Just playin around, getting some logs.  There were no spiders, pigs, or even bunnies.  The area was void of everything but trees.  I had my headphones in and I could hear things.  Tiny whispers, scratching, and eventually a blood curtailing scream.  The  sad part is that it was a quiet scream.  I passed it off as charlie, or something about insanity.  Soon I could hear the sounds getting closer and closer.  It got to the point to where I took off my ear phones.  I felt like quitting.  Then I heard Wilson say "Did you hear that?" The sounds started to come through the speakers.  I could hear the sound, it was like the sound when charlie stalks you.  Once again wilson said "Did you hear that?" The sound Got intense, the screams became loud.  I tried to exit the game.  No budge, it only got louder.  Then they game suddenly turned into night.  It was the middle of the day might I add.  Then the screaming stopped.  It was dark, no charlie.  Before I could leave, the scream started in higher volume and it was followed by other unintelligible noises.  On the screen I could see tiny white eyes slowly coming towards where Wilson was.  I could not move Wilson. The noises started to blend.  When it touched wilson, the game exited with a no response message. 

Wrong place to post much...?

Oh well, neat story anyways, 9/10!

I won't pick carrots. Ever. Because as long as they're planted they last forever. I tell myself they're for emergencies only, but even when it is an emergency, I can't bring myself pick one of those non renewable, natural spawned carrots.

This for sure!!! Sometimes I'd rather starve than pick those precious carrots. also I need my ice box and crockpot close enough together so I can have them both open at the same time!! Very important :)

Archived