Superstitions?

Always put everything inside a container of some kind, i dunno why, i just do.

Another one i have: Stay the heck away from gnomes, or else I feel like i'll suffer a painful death, probably 'cuz i've died about 10 times for stupid reasons while holding a gnome.

I actually have two gnomes at my entrance to my base lol.

If I start in autumn, I will not stop exploring the map until I find a walrus camp. Then I must surround it with 7-9 pig houses. At least 7. Not more than 9. (I like odd numbers. And I get the materials by hammering all the pig houses I can find in the forests.) All this before winter. Otherwise I feel that everything is going wrong.

:wilson_facepalm:

Man, I have the axe problem, too. If for whatever reason I don't have my axe's durability at a multiple of 5 when I'm done chopping trees, I burn a few trees, then onehit them with my axe until the durability reaches a nice number. Well, that or I just whack innocent creatures a few times to bring the durability down.

Off topic: to get rid of the clutter, feed it to a lureplant. I always plant two near my base for defense purposes, they double as trash cans for useless stuff that doesn't rot. Just drop what you want to get rid off near an eye, it will eat it and you won't ever see it again.

Not really a superstition, but I always need my inventory in a specific way. Resources on the left, tools on the right, and food in the middle. Sometimes I further organize it in a way that I like. For example, I almost always fill the first slot with grass and the second slot with twigs. I never put anything important or hard-to-replace in the first slot out of fear that frogs will steal it.

I also make sure that I have everything important in my pockets and not my backpack. You never know when you might need to equip armor and ditch your backpack on the run.

Not only do I gather every inch of twigs and grass I can stuff in my inventory and barely ever put them in a chest for fear of destruction, but I must always seek down a chester and glommer.

No exceptions.

I don't like storing explosives (gunpowder/slurtle slime) in the chests in my base, even if I have an ice flingomatic I wouldn't want to take the chances of them getting set on fire...

In this case don't setup your base near mole worms...

EVERYTHING that has to be done the next day must be thought out during the night. Basically, down to the action. This is why giant attacks usually get to me, as they throw off my plan, and I have to think of something new, very quickly.

In this case don't setup your base near mole worms...

I don't leave it on the ground, either. I keep it in a chest that's a few screens away from my base. It's quite a ways from my tooth trap pit, so no stray fire hounds should be able to light it on fire. (last time I've put a bunch of slurtle slime on the ground in preparation for a giant and, yep, a flaming dog ruined the whole trap)

This might just be common sense but I always keep at least 20 seeds in my inventory at all times and two stacks of manure in my chest. This is because in every season (other than winter) you can grow food quickly with manure. If I'm in a tight spot during summer and I can't step out from underneath my tree, I can just plant some seeds and quickly manure them for the days supply of food.

This might just be common sense but I always keep at least 20 seeds in my inventory at all times and two stacks of manure in my chest. This is because in every season (other than winter) you can grow food quickly with manure. If I'm in a tight spot during summer and I can't step out from underneath my tree, I can just plant some seeds and quickly manure them for the days supply of food.

Very smart. Too bad Wigfrid is my girl, with her only eating meat thing.

I admire you skill, dude. I haven't even attempted to play as Wigfrid yet because of that whole meat thing. What's your strategy for using her?

Basically just kill anything that moves. You can be more productive by killing spiders and giving their meat to pigs, turn them into werepigs and kill them.

I admire you skill, dude. I haven't even attempted to play as Wigfrid yet because of that whole meat thing. What's your strategy for using her?

I purposely stage fights that don't need to happen. Crock pots are very useful. Also, when you first possibly can, create a bird cage. This allows you to turn monster meat from monsters you can kill easily into eggs, which she can eat.

Basically just kill anything that moves. You can be more productive by killing spiders and giving their meat to pigs, turn them into werepigs and kill them.

Yep, that's what I do. Although on my last run as wigfrid I kept a butterfly farm and used monstermeat + butterflies to make meatballs. Butterfly farms are much easier to maintain than vegetable farms, so butterflies are good filler, not to mention that it's a way more efficient use of monster meat. Meatballs are more than twice the value of monster meat, but you need 4 monster meat just to get 2 werepig meat.

Plus butterflies are more fun to farm because you have to kill them >=D

When winter comes and the butterflies disappear I just go back to werepig farming. I swear to god if you go by that strategy you will be buried in silk and pigskin before you know it. I ended up making a top hat for every single pig in my village just because I didn't know what to do with the stuff.

I personally always end up adopting a meat based diet anyway because the meat sources don't die out during winter, so it's more convenient just to build your farming infrastructure around meat to begin with. This is why I love Wigfrid; her "weakness" of being unable to eat anything but meat pretty much means nothing to me.

Archived