Superstitions?

I've been wondering if you guys have any wierd superstitions while playing don't starve. For me I MUST have my axe's durability at a multiple of 5. No idea why but it bugs me if it isn't. I have to burn extra trees or just put a few chops into a tree, just to have it perfect. Does anyone else do stuff like this?

Always put everything inside a container of some kind, i dunno why, i just do.

Another one i have: Stay the heck away from gnomes, or else I feel like i'll suffer a painful death, probably 'cuz i've died about 10 times for stupid reasons while holding a gnome.

I must keep the eyeball and tusk of the first slain Deerclops and MacTusk and never use them to craft stuff, they are good luck charms to me...

If you hear the scream or the creepy laughter during the night, you will be hurt the next day.

I always put my crafting items such as grass, twigs, flint, stone, and gold in my backpack while my main inventory has all usable items. I dislike having something I can't use in my main inventory since it just seems to get in the way of something that could be usable like food or a tool like an axe.

I also never leave without 2 weapons in my inventory, 1 for my main weapon and the other is a backup incase the first breaks or is dropped.

Also, I never leave base without a football helmet and an unequipped logsuit I can change into so I can have my backpack as well, safety first kids!

Everything goes into chests. Everything. I typically have 20+ chests in every base I make. I noticed a lot of players on youtube/twitch leave stuff on the ground and it drives me crazy.

Also, pig houses must be several screens away from my base. I am not taking any chances with those darn werepigs. 

If I find a gnome, I need to save him. I'll throw some gold on the ground if need be, but I need to save the gnome. I'll usually put him near my firepit. I know something terrible will happen if I don't save the gnome. He'll probably curse me and I'll die from something that was impossible to die from (a rabbit will murder me in my sleep, for example).

The preshitilator (whatever its called) disturbs me. After building it, I quickly have a shadow manipulator up. But this hat this just sits there in my base uselessly. 

It has barely any magic unlocks, its not really worth hammering, it undulates when I walk past, and it strangely never tries to ignite. It never gets torn down either. I always have the odd feeling that staring into the hat would show me horrible things as well....

That and tentacles seem to be afraid of mushrooms, but are attracted to reeds.

Also, crazy weird stuff happens in the caves sometimes. I could of sworn I heard horse hooves trotting, and it wasn't from the spider queen. I was also running down one of the dead ends and chester appeared in front of me, even though he was supposed to be following behind me. There was also a broken wormhole in the ruins.

Aha mine is probably that I have to pick up everything. I hate leaving stuff behind. I feel like I'm littering in my world. Especially stuff that rots. Before I got my krampus pack, my inventory space was really limited so I carried a torch with me at all times to light rot whenever one appears on my screen.

I also agree with chest-ing everything. Only things I don't chest are Spider hats (too many, and they look like trophies on the floor =D) and sometimes tools.

On every map I had to fully explore it, in order to build my science machine and put it in the middle of the map. But this was before RoG, because I only had to spend 11 days to do so. I don't know why but with RoG the map seems bigger and I spend 20 days to explore it and so I am ill prepared for the summer/winter. I compulsively attacked spider on this journey to cleanse the world (and I was getting so much silk).

Mmmmmh maybe it takes me longer to explore the map when beginning in spring and as wigfrid I keep fighting hallucination and gathering twigs and herbs to make torch and grass suits.

Archived