Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

porps

muffled sound bug is gamebreaking

porps    118

So when it changes from spring to summer the sound often bugs out and becomes muffled. exiting the game and re-entering seems to fix it so i'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be like that. It's actually gamebreaking when you cant hear the warning sounds for a hound attack or even worse a dragonfly. Just lost half of my base cos a huge pack of hounds appeared in my base with no audible warning... and thats me done.. i can accept bugs which are minor annoyances, but i cant play this game while theres gamebreaking bugs like this in it. It's not as if it wasnt reported many many times during beta...

The Letter W    5,439

I've never had any problems with it personally? I mean yeah it's interesting because hounds and whatnot are harder to hear but the character still says something about it. (Unless you're playing Wes)

I thought it was intentional. So hot the inside of your ears are filling with delicious sweat and you can't hear a thing. 

NeoDeusMachina    262

Yeah this bug sometimes happen but only when you are transitioning from spring to summer.

What I usually do (until this bug gets fixed) is that as soon as the transition into summer happens, I save&quit + relog on my game and make sure the sound is ok. That could save your base at least, with little to no effort needed! =)

Cheers!

orian34    534

i got it before but now, never get it... but it is good immersion that the sound is very....weird..i found it very cool... and how could you! I always make my 2 base in the desert for the summer... only one ice fling for the little stuff(6 trees and 2 chests) and blue fire camp...and the dragonfly will only burn the lasts spiky trees...so much space to smash it...dinguelingueling

simplex    2,608

if it was intentional relogging wouldnt fix it

I know it's intentional because the devs said it was intentional (though they did reduce the amount of sound muffling after complaints). So the actual bug is relogging fixing it :razz:.

porps    118

damn well that just sucks then :(

In that case, please dont fix the bug, summer will be unplayable without it. or at least tweak the muffling effect (which in my opinion adds nothing to the game but detracts much) so that important audio cues such a hounds barking are audible to the player- whats the point of having audio cues if theyre muffled to the point of silence?

Tamazacat    130

I think you used the term "gamebreaking" a bit loosely - game-breaking does what it says on the tin: effectively, it describes something that's making the game cease to work.

I'm in summer right now and I'm really not experiencing the issues you're pointing out. Have you got a decent audio card? Have you updated the drivers? Are you sure it isn't your headphones?

It's wee things like that that you ought to check before exclaiming something is game-breaking. :)

Cheers,

Tamazacat.

porps    118

I think you used the term "gamebreaking" a bit loosely - game-breaking does what it says on the tin: effectively, it describes something that's making the game cease to work.

I'm in summer right now and I'm really not experiencing the issues you're pointing out. Have you got a decent audio card? Have you updated the drivers? Are you sure it isn't your headphones?

It's wee things like that that you ought to check before exclaiming something is game-breaking. :-)

Cheers,

Tamazacat.

I've got an excellent soundcard yes, with up to date drivers - i dont use headphones but my speakers are fine.

While i agree that i may have been a bit loose with the word gamebreaking i dont know why you would assume that i hadn't checked that sort of stuff before posting.

NeoDeusMachina    262

I know it's intentional because the devs said it was intentional (though they did reduce the amount of sound muffling after complaints). So the actual bug is relogging fixing it :razz:.

The muffling is intentional, but lately there is an ''overkill'' muffling effect that only occurs when transition from spring to summer occurs. It's not just muffling, it's completely destroying any sound that would normally be muffled. For example, the sound when you chop down a tree with your axe, or the hounds warning sound (which you won't hear).

When you log off and relog, the muffled sound is restored (not the normal sound like during other seasons, but the intended muffled sound).

I don't know if it more clear that way xD

spencer320    154

I play with headphones, mostly cause I hear a lot of little things that I wouldn't hear with the speakers. I remember the devs saying that summer would be muffled but I have the same problem as the OP. I played thru a few spring/summer transitions before I figured out saving and quitting then restarting the game would fix the sound.

My first clue something was off was when Wilson told me "That Sounds Big"... How could he hear it but I can't! 

I wouldn't say it's gamebreaking but annoying before I learned the fix. 

Tamazacat    130

I've got an excellent soundcard yes, with up to date drivers - i dont use headphones but my speakers are fine.

While i agree that i may have been a bit loose with the word gamebreaking i dont know why you would assume that i hadn't checked that sort of stuff before posting.

Okaydoke. Not sure what's up then... perhaps it truly is a bug. I'm finding the summer sounds absolutely fine, though... Weird. *shrugs shoulders*

I only said that because I don't know you. I assume there's a lot of young teenagers on the forum who don't know how to check this stuff - for all I know, you could have fit the bill. No offence to you - it's just assumptions people have to make. :)

Tamazacat    130

Good stuff ^-^

Hope you find out what's causing your issue... but as of right now, I'm no use to you >.<

Stepper    10

Yeah this bug sometimes happen but only when you are transitioning from spring to summer.

What I usually do (until this bug gets fixed) is that as soon as the transition into summer happens, I save&quit + relog on my game and make sure the sound is ok. That could save your base at least, with little to no effort needed! =)

Cheers!

You mean quit Steam?

Ive quit the game a couple of a dozen times and still, you cant hear the food getting cooked, opening chest, etc.

I wished they removed the whole muffle thing altogether. I find it just annoying. Is there a mod to remove the muffle stuff while they take care of this.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/219740/discussions/2/522730075917362503/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/219740/discussions/0/540738051534219783/

Barbarian    32

I thought there was supposed to be an update to fix this yesterday, at least that's what I understood from SethR's comments in another thread on the subject.

UnderwearApp    134

I thought there was supposed to be an update to fix this yesterday, at least that's what I understood from SethR's comments in another thread on the subject.

I would assume something was found with the patch that was a big problem and they are working hard to fix it. We should have a patch soon.

NeoDeusMachina    262

You mean quit Steam?

Ive quit the game a couple of a dozen times and still, you cant hear the food getting cooked, opening chest, etc.

I wished they removed the whole muffle thing altogether. I find it just annoying. Is there a mod to remove the muffle stuff while they take care of this.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/219740/discussions/2/522730075917362503/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/219740/discussions/0/540738051534219783/

I meant Save & Quit your current game, which should bring you back to the Don't Starve menu. Then, you can just reload your game from there. It worked for me.

Decelexevi    42

I can independently confirm that the hotfix has corrected this issue. Much thanks.

Just had a game wrecked by a stealth dragonfly not 24 hours ago.