How to go vegetarian in winter?

I like the way it is now. Because using 3 twigs to cook Dragonpie is too OP. Making the game easy to not starve since twigs do not spoil. I always use mushrooms and berries as filler for my Dragonpies. Its more challenging and challenge is fun.

From balancing point of view - yes, it is right. But I still kinda miss old times, when you could feed of some spiders and Twig farm in winter, when you could make Kabobs with just monster meat and 3 twigs.

Izzat so? Strange. It was always Wet Goop for me in DLC when more than 1 Twig was in the pot.

I've no idea why I've been getting Dragonpies then. I've never put in anything other than a dragon fruit and twigs. Really could do with a nerf.

It's a viable way to go through winter, though - provided you have enough farms.

I've no idea why I've been getting Dragonpies then. I've never in anything other than a dragon fruit and twigs. Really could do with a nerf.

It's a viable way to go through winter, though - provided you have enough farms.

Just checked - you're right. I probably just assumed every time more than 1 twig was added to crock pot it resulted in wet goop after getting it, while trying to get Fish sticks and Kabobs with more than 1 twig. They probably decided that Dragon Fruit is too rare and pricy, to punish player with Wet Goop for skimping on fillers. Not a wise decision if I may say. If you gonna nerf Twig usage in food - nerf it fairly. I guess next Winter will be full of Dragon Pies for me.

Vegetarian challenge is not just about eating fruit & vegetables. Vegetarians don't kill bunnymen because they drop meat. I know that they drop carrots too. But I think people go vegetarian because they can't stand the "killing of farm animals" to make food out of them. So if you kill any bunnymen for food (even if you just want the carrots) that's not vegetarian. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong because I'm not a vegetarian and I never tried the vegetarian challenge before.

To be a vegetarian you just have to not eat meat. Most people become vegetarian because they can't stand the thought of killing farm animals, but not all of them. Some people just hate the taste of meat. Also eggs aren't vegetarian, since they're technically just undeveloped meat in a shell. There's actually special eggs for vegetarians not laid by animals and it's some wierd fake meat thing, so yeah. Most vegetarians don't count fish as meat though, which is stupid since fish are animals=it's still meat. xD

Of course, from a game perspective you could say either way for fish/eggs if you really wanted to. The point in vegetarian challenge would be to make it fun/harder so yeah~

You're right. What I'm saying is we can use Leafy Meat for substitute in case we need to use meat for something (like getting eggs from birds) when trying the vegetarian challenge. That will make you and your birds vegetarian. I'm interested in trying the vegetarian challenge too. Wish me luck in not starving guys.

And another question... If a vegetarian in real life is in a cold winter, starving and almost die from it and the only food available is meat. Will he eat that meat to save his life? Or he rather choose death than eating meat? I hope a true vegetarian can answer this. And sorry for getting off-topic here

Depends on the person. Most people would eat before they starve to death, what with survival instinct and all.

To be a vegetarian you just have to not eat meat. Most people become vegetarian because they can't stand the thought of killing farm animals, but not all of them. Some people just hate the taste of meat. Also eggs aren't vegetarian, since they're technically just undeveloped meat in a shell. There's actually special eggs for vegetarians not laid by animals and it's some wierd fake meat thing, so yeah. Most vegetarians don't count fish as meat though, which is stupid since fish are animals=it's still meat. xD

Of course, from a game perspective you could say either way for fish/eggs if you really wanted to. The point in vegetarian challenge would be to make it fun/harder so yeah~

Depends on the person. Most people would eat before they starve to death, what with survival instinct and all.

eggs are not meat, they're menstruations!

Play Winnie from Up & Away xD. I suppose the best thing to do would be to stockpile massive amounts of fruits and vegetables, maybe turn them into some Fruit Medleys, I don't think you'll freeze from eating those like Melonsicles.

In winter a lure plant farm won't work. Also strictly vegetarians don't eat anything that comes from an animal, like milk and honey. I think the farm of dragon fruit is the best option, using the 1 dragon fruit, and 3 twigs recipe. In summer you can survive eating cactus flesh, and cactus flower, they regrow after 3 days.

Don't normally necro, but there is a difference between vegetarian (not eating of meat) and vegan (to prevent the exploitation of animals not eating or using ANY animal byproducts including eggs and milk. Technically, this would include Honey.) 

This written, I highly respect those who take the challenge no matter how restrictive or open-ended they make it. DS without meat in the winter is a tough one, and I hope the player has stockpiled a lot of produce during the fall! 

Archived