Mario RPGs

Watcha

Some of you maybe might know probably that Mario has some awesome RPGs, such as Paper Mario; Mario & Luigi Sagas; as well as Mario RPG. My question is if you nice people if you ever played any of these, if so what was you favorite?

Mine was Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, Mario&Luigi Partners in Time and Mario&Luigis Bowsers inside sotry (playing for the 4th time now :3)

I've only played one of the Paper series, so I have to say Mario RPG is my favorite. I played one or two of the gameboy ones but I forgot which. I really don't think they've ever made a bad mario rpg, actually.

Paper Mario was sooooooo much fun. I adored playing it, and still do. I own Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door but never beat it.

Paper Mario was my first Mario RPG, but I also owned Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga. That was a lot of fun, but I could never beat it. Unlike PM:TTYD that I hardly started, I'm nearly done with this game. I was just never good at RPG's (I'm still not tbh lol), but I should go back and try and beat it sometime.

I played the entire Mario RPG genre, front to back. Here are my opinions:

"Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door"

RXnwcOG.png

One of the finest RPG in the Paper Mario series. Paper Mario was great as well, but you can't compare it to this fantastic sequel. The story, the atmosphere, the gameplay, it's all very good. If I could choose any game to label as good art, it would be this game. I played the entire series, and I can confidently say that this is the best game so far. Paper Mario is the second best game in the series. Paper Mario hasn't aged very well, in terms of graphics and gameplay, but the whole experience is still superb. Super Paper Mario is the weakest game in the franchise. Super Paper Mario tried to be "innovative", and it had a good storyline, but the atmosphere and gameplay seems rushed and lazy.

"Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga"

TSyXK12.png

Out of the four games in the Mario and Luigi RPG series, I would choose the first game as the best one. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga is an insanely imaginative Mario-spinoff game, and the game feels very unique compared to the prior Mario RPGs. The game has a solid and humorous storyline, and the gameplay mechanic is simplistic yet immersive. Everything about this game is pure joy, and I'd introduce this game to anyone who's not familiar with video games. The second best game in the Mario & Luigi RPG series would be the second entry; Mario & Luigi partners in time. This game has the most mature/interesting/cheesy storyline in any Mario RPG. It has aliens, beans, and time travel, and I love it. The writing is just as funny as before! This game is quite difficult, actually, and I had to cheat (for the first time in my life) to finish the game. The only thing it really lacked, was creativity. The lacking of creativity applies to the next 2 Mario and Luigi RPGs as well. The 3rd best game in the series is the 3rd entry to the Mario & Luigi RPG series (you can see a pattern here). Bowser's inside story has solid gameplay, but the story is.. Not very creative or fun. Fawful makes a return, but it doesn't make the game anymore redeemable. The game is a little too easy compared to the prior games, and it almost feels like Nintendo is underestimating the player's capabilities. The game is pretty short as well, and it doesn't seem to have as much content as the previous games. It feels like there was so much untapped potential. The most disappointing game in the franchise is the latest entry to the Mario & Luigi RPG series; Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. I.. I couldn't get myself to finish the game. The introduction to the game is just awfully boring, and that's surprising considering that this is a Mario & Luigi RPG! It has some gorgeous visuals, but that's really it. The gameplay is solid, along with the music, but the writing is plain. Just plain.

"Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars"

SuperMarioRPGSNESCoverArtUS.jpg

Now we're talking. Anyone who has the slightest interest in Mario or RPGs, should definitely play this game. You can call this game the "Godfather of Mario RPG". There game is simply epic. It's quirky, and the gameplay feels great! The game is bursting with creativity, especially with the characters and the storyline. It's one of the best Mario RPGs, it's just amazing.

Overall I love Super Mario RPG the most, but characterwise Super Paper Mario is my favourite. Dimentio and Count Bleck are unrivaled by any other villian in any of the Mario RPG games imo. Haven't played TTYD and Mario n Luigi: Dream Team, sadly...

Awesome games. Nintendo is usually reliable when it comes to releasing proper Mario titles.

I have bought Mario&Luigis Bowsers Inside Story recently as I was hesitant before when it first came out-I've been missing out.

Archived