Character tiers in multiplayer

57 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your 4 characters of choice in your ideal team of 4. (Please only vote for 4)

• Wilson
    • Willow
    • Wendy
    • Wolfgang
    • Wx-78
    • Wickerbottom
    • Woodie
    • Wes
    • Maxwell
    • Wigfred
    • Webber

Again, what is the relevance of this?

Yeah, which is why I'd be slow to put down a chest, and quick to murder anyone who made my survival more difficult.

You're wrong.  I'm not a big fan of Wickerbottom either, but that doesn't mean that surviving as her for 30 days isn't going to be trivially easy to do.  She's got a great set of powers.  

If you're too stubborn to use the powers of a character you're playing as, and it kills you, you suck.

It's not about what's easy, it's about what's fun. This is a game, not work. If you play a character just because of their powers compared to other characters, you are playing the game wrong in my opinion. 

It's not about what's easy, it's about what's fun. This is a game, not work. If you play a character just because of their powers compared to other characters, you are playing the game wrong in my opinion. 

On a personal level, I agree.  But there are absolutely people whose enjoyment of the game comes from min/maxing.  Also, it's good to know when you like multiple characters who is the more useful one, or if you and your friends are looking to do some sort of challenge.

Now this could just be me, but I think a lot of people are over thinking this. Every character has their perks but at the end of the day you gather things, you build things and you kill things. Every character can do this. Sure wicker bottom gets the science tier for free but you can make a science machine in half a day. Wolfgang is stronger but 1 or 2 extra hits with a spear for someone else? Nothing really.

At the end of the day we still have to survive and it comes down to player skill basically. We can debate which player is best all day but really each character can hold its own in the wild. I know for multiplayer I'll be using my favourite wx-78 most of the time, because I enjoy playing him. :)

Character tiers would cause people to only play the same characters from the highest tier most of the time since it's more effective. Whilst DS isn't technically a sandbox game, it should allow the player to choose whatever character and traits they like, regardless of effectiveness. And guess what, the game already does this! This should stay the same for DST. Let players pick whatever the heck they want without the need of high tier characters! Will make the experience more enjoyable aswell imo. Variety in the characters you survive with + people playing whatever character they like, win-win.

"Oh god not another damn multiplayer post" - Half of the people who clicked on this

Really? The first thing I thought was "Aw hell yea! more to talk about!"

I couldn't be more excited for multiplayer. I think your tiers are pretty much spot on. I do however, have to disagree with Wendy. I haven't used her in RoGs yet but in vanilla her ghost sister was always a huge help to me and I think she would be able to help the other teammates during hound fights or boss fights. 

One more thing. Did Willow lose her fire resistance? 

I think at the end of the day, if people are going to play characters purely because it gives them an advantage over another character, well, let them have their ways. The only concern is naturally that there will be those kind of people who will make the game verboten for you if you dare pick Willow or Wes, for instance.

I'm personally going to up it as either Maxwell, Wigfrid Or Wilson because I have the most grip on them, and because I really just enjoy the characters themselves. At the end of the day, we are all just roughing it out collecting sticks and meat now, aren't we?

I think at the end of the day, if people are going to play characters purely because it gives them an advantage over another character, well, let them have their ways. The only concern is naturally that there will be those kind of people who will make the game verboten for you if you dare pick Willow or Wes, for instance.

I'm personally going to up it as either Maxwell, Wigfrid Or Wilson because I have the most grip on them, and because I really just enjoy the characters themselves. At the end of the day, we are all just roughing it out collecting sticks and meat now, aren't we?

I think people generally drawn to a character for one of three reasons.

1) They enjoy doing what the character excels at.  This would be things like tech rushing as wickerbottom, fighting as wolfgang or wigfrid, playing long games with wx-78.

2) They enjoy not having to deal with the mechanic a character doesn't worry about.  E.g. maxwell and sanity, willow and darkness, webber and spiders, wilson and making effigies.

3) They really enjoy the character's aesthetic.  If you really want to play as a lumberjack werebeaver, or a mime, or a robot, you're covered.

On the plus side, powergamers will still pick a diverse set of characters because wickerbottom, for example, gets stronger the more players there are who can benefit from her tech skipping.  Webber is individually very strong, but has middling to poor synergy with the other characters. 

I agree with Toros. You'll likely see some characters favored over other for a number of reasons. But I don't think you're likely to get smacked by your teammates for playing Willlow, unless you burn down the camp.

Even if you do, I'm assuming most gameplay will be done with people you know, not pubbies. Which should mitigate some of the worst aspects of it.

I'd guess that Wickerbottom would prevent everyone from sleeping.

I've been assuming that sleeping would require everyone to tuck in before the dawn and night can be skipped.

I don't necessarily think this is a bad thing, but it could get a little annoying in winter if say 3/4 of the players are asleep as soon as dawn starts.

I'd guess that Wickerbottom would prevent everyone from sleeping.

I've been assuming that sleeping would require everyone to tuck in before the dawn and night can be skipped.

I don't necessarily think this is a bad thing, but it could get a little annoying in winter if say 3/4 of the players are asleep as soon as dawn starts.

It'd be just as easy to allow wicker to trigger the time jump, without getting any benefits from sleeping.  So she wouldn't be able to hold people up, but also wouldn't be able to benefit from sleeping.

As a rule, it wouldn't be possible to have less than everyone sleeping to skip to morning, as you could effectively kill other players by having people sleeping during the day and night repeatedly, burning through tons of food other players don't have.

It'd be just as easy to allow wicker to trigger the time jump, without getting any benefits from sleeping.  So she wouldn't be able to hold people up, but also wouldn't be able to benefit from sleeping.

As a rule, it wouldn't be possible to have less than everyone sleeping to skip to morning, as you could effectively kill other players by having people sleeping during the day and night repeatedly, burning through tons of food other players don't have.

Yeah I guess she could sit and read a book or something while everyone else is sleeping haha, depends whether the person playing as her would actually want to do that though, especially in a pvp situation

This has been on my mind for a bit, so forgive me for digging up old bones. I don't gnome if there's a better thread for this...

The only characters I predict will be genuinely underwhelming in DST are Wes, Willow, and Wendy (already in C Tier). Beyond that, I would highly prefer utility-based characters over those with raw stat boosts. Having extra damage in combat is not as important when you have four spears available, and beyond that monster armies and high-tier weapons (e.g. explosives) simply have more influence than a flat damage boost.

Team composition has been on my mind more than the rest of the deal -- with extra bodies, working together to establish a base as quickly as possible and obtain access to the more difficult to craft. Therefore, managing character perks would be the core aspect of the game. As a mall subset of the roster grows in power immensely once they are "funded," an ideal team composition would focus on reaching a point where nothing in the game can meaningfully stop you.

In short, I would want a team that sacrifices some safety nets for maximal endgame growth as well as decent assistance in early game harvesting. My ideal 4-man would be:

1) Maxwell
2) Woodie
3) Wickerbottom
4) Webber

-Maxwell is the carry that the rest of the team needs to support for full and complete endgame dominance. His shadows and sanity gain are indispensable, particularly for magic-centric combat.

-Woodie is the jungler and early game warrior. He can clear entire swaths of arboreal biomes while the rest of the team focuses on other resources.

-Wickerbottom is the base manager, farmer (of both food and rare items, see: Krampus Sack) and portable flute. She can cover early base building summarily and grows in potential as the game goes on.

-Webber is the lone wolf-spider, the unsung hero, the dark knight, the silk shadow. He will be managing spider-based resources, mining and caving while the rest of the team takes care of more pressing matters.

The best way to play this comp would be to have the first three members work as a loose trio (particularly Maxwell + Wickerbottom) while Webber works on his own as a full-time resource gatherer, spelunker and Meepo clone. Maxwell and Webber may require more baby-sitting than the other two, but their perks are powerful enough to warrant the hassle.

Despite the above sounding good on paper, I nevertheless suspect a very high amount of Wilson and Willow players online -- played mostly by beginners, Effigy constructors and fire-happy griefers. That said, I'd love to see if my proposed team setup works as well as I imagine it can.

How dare you, sir! Wilson should be 6.5, and Woodie should be 9! How could you put Wigfrid, Wolfgang, and even Webber in front of him?!?

Woodie's beaverness is undoubtedly useful however it does cost a lot to come out of and would require someone else working alongside you to collect the fruits of your labor and replant the no doubt many trees that would be gnawed down.

Thinking in depth about it I wouldn't recommend having both Wigfred and Wolfgang as whilst Wolfgang is better in combat in ideal conditions as just a fighter, Wigfred has the advantage of cheap equipable items that would likely be usable by all characters (It makes no sense why Wilson couldn't use a fancy spear.)

Webber's abilities and superior stats allow for the creation of  areas to use spiders  defensively against hounds and in great enough numbers even take down some giants (I've taken down the Moose, Bearger and deerclops with spiders alone.)

So I think my ideal team of 4 would be

• Webber (Brute force from spider armies)
  • Wigfred (Useful equipment and can be used for general tasks)
  • Wickerbottom (Making defensive borders of tentacles, applied horticulture and following the werebeaver to collect items due to her higher sanity(Just incase werebeaver has a insanity aura.))
  • Woodie (Werebeaverness)

Also Webber and Wigfred(With proper use) can subsist entirely on monster meat if need be.

Edit: I just tried making a defencive border with tentacles and it worked incredibly well, stopping the bearger and Goose outright and causing almost fatal damage to the deerclops and dragonfly with only 2 books  used and not being refreshed for each fight.

EDIT: Too lazy to doink around with this before mutliplayer comes out because changes and stuff. Also, we don't have a basis for how we're ranking the characters(Which character is easiest, most efficient in combat, etc.). I kind of went by "desire to have in party", but even now I feel silly for creating a baseless list. Do what you will with it, this is moderately accurate.

Characters are listed in best to worst order:

"OP AF" tier:

WX-78: "oh baby a triple"
Still as broken as he is in singleplayer, WX brings that sweet, savory face tank everything approach to multiplayer as well. Not only is he a great distraction, but he can go for days without eating and can take the scraps of near-rotten food and make good use of it. Also he's a walking lightning rod which when charged gives him night-light capabilities as well as speed that would put Usaine Bolt to shame.

"WX-78 Is Taken" tier:

Wickerbottom: "Gotta farm fast"
Helps the gang out by having recipes from the get-go as well as to more advanced crafting without secondary recipe stations. Her books are also fantastic for quick development of food, traps and structures as well as easy access to not-so-easy to access resources.

Webber: "Spiders ain't no problem"
The ability to farm spider glands, silk and monster meat easily is definitely a plus, but the biggest upside is his ability to control them. Some situation just can't be facetanked (Unless you're WX), and you need numbers on your side. Spiders are always available (unlike pigs or bunnies, for example), and are easier to relocate and multiply (unlike beefalo). One final bonus is his ability to navigate spider-infested areas with no penalty, whether it be for a scouting mission or a sneak attack.

Woodie: "Second only to Bearger"
The king of manual labour, Woodie holds his slot in this tier. He can survive for indefinite periods of time without any materials other than an axe and a steady supply of trees while at the same time harvesting any number of resources and taking on hordes of foes. I won't say much more about our favourite lumberjack as I'm not exactly sure how the transformation mechanics and the like will function in multiplayer, but if they aren't changed around too much he could easily take the throne from WX-78.

"I can't kite so good" tier:

Wigfrid: "Giants? Where?"
Dude, you can facetank everything. Crockpots make the "only eat meat" aspect a joke.

Wolfgang: "I am mighty! Only WX and Wigfrid are mightier!"

Can go for long-ish periods of time without food, also has a nice damage multiplier with a full belly. Just don't let him into his (starvation) zone.

"Meh" tier:

Everyone else

"BALLOON PARTIES" TIER:

WES: ""
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

You are forgething something is not about a chacrater can do solo but with a combo for exemple maxwell and wolfgang yea you can beat a gigant in day 1

The whole reason I rated the characters as I did was how well they can contribute to the team on a long-term basis and how any drawbacks can be effectively mitigated with increased development of critical resources.

Maxwell's items will run out and even purple gems are not a problem if you have any decent setup in the caves.

That being said I should probably remake the ratings (Especially for all the Wendy fans)

Her.

Also, what about that early game start. Also, ash/charcoal factory. Which you need for boomerangs, healing salves, drying racks....

IS making a torch that hard though? I mean really, you can burn over 100 different individual objects with a torch, not counting fire spread.

This has been on my mind for a bit, so forgive me for digging up old bones. I don't gnome if there's a better thread for this...

The only characters I predict will be genuinely underwhelming in DST are Wes, Willow, and Wendy (already in C Tier). Beyond that, I would highly prefer utility-based characters over those with raw stat boosts. Having extra damage in combat is not as important when you have four spears available, and beyond that monster armies and high-tier weapons (e.g. explosives) simply have more influence than a flat damage boost.

Team composition has been on my mind more than the rest of the deal -- with extra bodies, working together to establish a base as quickly as possible and obtain access to the more difficult to craft. Therefore, managing character perks would be the core aspect of the game. As a mall subset of the roster grows in power immensely once they are "funded," an ideal team composition would focus on reaching a point where nothing in the game can meaningfully stop you.

In short, I would want a team that sacrifices some safety nets for maximal endgame growth as well as decent assistance in early game harvesting. My ideal 4-man would be:

1) Maxwell

2) Woodie

3) Wickerbottom

4) Webber

-Maxwell is the carry that the rest of the team needs to support for full and complete endgame dominance. His shadows and sanity gain are indispensable, particularly for magic-centric combat.

-Woodie is the jungler and early game warrior. He can clear entire swaths of arboreal biomes while the rest of the team focuses on other resources.

-Wickerbottom is the base manager, farmer (of both food and rare items, see: Krampus Sack) and portable flute. She can cover early base building summarily and grows in potential as the game goes on.

-Webber is the lone wolf-spider, the unsung hero, the dark knight, the silk shadow. He will be managing spider-based resources, mining and caving while the rest of the team takes care of more pressing matters.

The best way to play this comp would be to have the first three members work as a loose trio (particularly Maxwell + Wickerbottom) while Webber works on his own as a full-time resource gatherer, spelunker and Meepo clone. Maxwell and Webber may require more baby-sitting than the other two, but their perks are powerful enough to warrant the hassle.

Despite the above sounding good on paper, I nevertheless suspect a very high amount of Wilson and Willow players online -- played mostly by beginners, Effigy constructors and fire-happy griefers. That said, I'd love to see if my proposed team setup works as well as I imagine it can.

Magic centric combat? What kind of combat are you talking about, dude? Ice and Fire staves only take 1 sanity a piece, any player can take that with a Tam easily.

Doublepost, sorry :(

Wilson: +Who would create a portal without him? And beard, yeah.

-Well, he didn't have any negative side... Except blood magic. He practice it a lot.

Willow: +Fire is dangerous, should be someone, who can handle it.

-Fire is dangerous, we don't need someone who set us in fire for no reason,

Wendy: +Overpowered sanity and obviously best night guard, because of Abigail and sanity which suffer lesser, than other's.

-Too bad, she prefer friends as a ghosts.

Wolfgang: +Some damage, good in hunting.

-Food! We need more food!

And Wickerbottom, because of fast start. Just, we didn't have enough slots.

-And if she in the group, it probably would be same silent as you were alone.

Everybodys assuming the character's abilities will work the same in SP mode and DST. Even if they don't change the character abilities, I bet they will change the way you harvest item resources, thus still affecting the character abilities.

Thus, i'm not ranking the best to worst characters until this is resolved by the devs. 

While I have to agree that Willow more than likely is the bottom of the tier, I'd like to play Devil's Advocate in trying to find reasons to play her. THE ONLY ones I've thought of are EXTREME EARLY GAME EXPLORATION DOMINATION.

BURN-SOME-BITCHES_zps5f571165.gif

• The only character with a permanent torch. As long as you have a Garland, run around at night all you want Willow! Explore the entire map for us Willow! Find everything for us mere mortals as we farm materials to stay alive and set up a base-camp you insane woman you! (Making Torches is not hard, nor difficult why waste resources when you could just get her to do it though?) If the map is not shared, this makes Willow BROKEN in terms of early game usefulness!

• Do you have Wickerbottom, but want to speed rush an Alchemy Engine!? Bring a Willow while the rest of you gather resources! She'll find the gold day or night! (Helps Wigfrid massively) If you need a specific resource or material she can grab it! If you want to find Beefalo or a Walrus Camp amongst other useful materials, she'll find it first! WHO NEEDS TORCHES TO EXPLORE CAVES?! WHY WASTE THE INVENTORY SPACE ON GRASS AND TWIGS!? I KNOW WHERE EVERYTHING IS ALREADY, THE WILLOW TRAIN NEVER STOPS!! WHY!? LIGHTER!

• Can light literally anything on fire at any time! Who needs to craft torches anyways?! Drop your items on the ground next to sleeping Beefalo and light er up! Save those grass and twigs and pick up some early meat for the teams Wilson! Maybe even a Beefalo Horn or Fur for hats later!

• Willow is also the only character who can use the Treeburning Gate Strategy. Hounds coming? Everyone pack in behind the walls while WILLOW stays at the door, lights all the trees on fire with her impossible to catch fire log suit spear and football helmet and does the dirty work for you jamming fishsticks in her face! Fire damage has never been more useful! I seriously hope this does not burn the hound teeth on the ground too. It probably would. Crap. Then again why would you need Tooth traps if you could just BURN 20 hounds at once with 6 trees? The rest of the team could cover the cost of the burned food and teeth, plus there's always hound mounds for teeth and bee mines as a fail-safe!

Let me do some math!

Hounds have 150 HP base.
    Fire does 8-12 damage a second.
    8-12 x 6 burning trees in the same area does 48-72 damage a second.
    It will literally take Willow 3 seconds to kill any hound who runs into her trap. (Light the trees at the last second!)
    But what about Summer Hounds!? I have never fought a pack made up entirely of Summer Hounds, however I know Summer hounds have only 100 HP meaning they die in 2 hits! Perfect for the rest of the team to deal with or Willow with a high damage weapon if you dont like the fire AoE eliminating the risk of a base fire.

This only gets more ridiculous the more you think about it! If you've ever played a tower defense game, you should understand the importance of mazing - causing enemies to take a longer path than they otherwise would. Well imagine you have an entrance to a base that looks like this.

WILLOW.png

Now since everyone is inside the base, and Willow is the only person who doesnt take fire damage from the trees shes going to light she can kite until all the hounds are on her and lead them into the entrance (Other characters cannot light the trees on fire whilst running through the maze without being burned. Other players also cannot know when is the best time to light the trees since they would have to be in the trap to see when the hounds are coming, including with a fire-staff) light the trees on fire and BIG BANG BOOM All the hounds are DEAD if not close to dead. Easy prey for a well-equipped WILLOW and a simple SAFE way to protect your base that's INEXPENSIVE!

(pinecones, seriously.)

• Lighting fires while nervous is bad. Lighting fires while nervous inside your base is really bad. Lighting fires while nervous in battle is not bad. Not bad at all. Perhaps while low on Sanity, she could use her lighter to light fires on demand with a cool-down effect that way she can kite enemies and run through the fire to keep herself safe or start fires . Who wouldnt want that kind of easy to get area control during battle in expense for sanity? Just make sure you feed her once she's done burning everything to death. This would make her as strong as Wigfrid or Wolfgang in my book if not better in general combat (Low Sanity sucks though.)

• She is the only character who can fight the hardest boss of the game without any issues. Why bother risking the rest of the team when you can just send in Willow? She's expendable practically with the current balance. Also who does not want an easy out for one of the hardest, possibly most destructive fights in the game!?

• Adventure mode Adschmenture mode! On the fifth level with the Tam O' Shanter equipped Willow is the ONLY CHARACTER who can speed run the entire way without needing to stop to collect materials in complete darkness! If you come in prepared, she can do it while the rest of you try to survive in the darkness not putting yourself in danger. Talk about a useful way to get out of one difficult stage!

I personally hope they improve Willows move-speed and give her the ability to light fires anywhere "at-will" (on a cool-down) when low sanity. This way she remains the parties scout and lead resource transporter (The Piggyback wont slow her down!) DO YOU NEED THIS "THING" FROM SUCH AND SUCH AN AREA? I WILL SEE YOU IN A DAY OR SO WITH AS MUCH OF IT I CAN JAM DOWN MY SHIRT.

tl;dr Willow is great and I want to play as her in DST now. If there is any EXP system in DST, Willow should be the final unlocked character. I'd rate Willow as a 7/10 B Tier at Minimium.

Again, people assume the characters will be the same in MP; I assume there will be some tweaking for MP rebalancing. Wait to see if their abilities stay the same before making a manifesto. 

I hope willows abilities stay the same : ( and im sorry you feel like that was wasted effort.

Everyone seems to hope her abilities will get better, so she doesnt remain bottom tier; my question is how will she better - and theoretically if she remains the same I wanted to address what other people may think makes her bad. If they are not the same in MP good! I seriously doubt Willow will be able to light things on fire as much as she wants to (Saving players from running anywhere for wood only to find it all burned down.) but aside from that she'd be the same possibly with a few boosts.

If they were going to let her do such a thing, there needs to be a new forest fire mechanic implemented of some kind so whenever a forest burns down it springs back up as tier one trees the next day or so - that way Willow cant troll entire servers lighting things on fire.

If anything... this really was just me convincing myself I should play Willow in SP - and hopefully MP if she isnt changed to much.

While I have to agree that Willow more than likely is the bottom of the tier, I'd like to play Devil's Advocate in trying to find reasons to play her. THE ONLY ones I've thought of are EXTREME EARLY GAME EXPLORATION DOMINATION.

BURN-SOME-BITCHES_zps5f571165.gif

• The only character with a permanent torch. As long as you have a Garland, run around at night all you want Willow! Explore the entire map for us Willow! Find everything for us mere mortals as we farm materials to stay alive and set up a base-camp you insane woman you! (Making Torches is not hard, nor difficult why waste resources when you could just get her to do it though?) If the map is not shared, this makes Willow BROKEN in terms of early game usefulness!

• Do you have Wickerbottom, but want to speed rush an Alchemy Engine!? Bring a Willow while the rest of you gather resources! She'll find the gold day or night! (Helps Wigfrid massively) If you need a specific resource or material she can grab it! If you want to find Beefalo or a Walrus Camp amongst other useful materials, she'll find it first! WHO NEEDS TORCHES TO EXPLORE CAVES?! WHY WASTE THE INVENTORY SPACE ON GRASS AND TWIGS!? I KNOW WHERE EVERYTHING IS ALREADY, THE WILLOW TRAIN NEVER STOPS!! WHY!? LIGHTER!

• Can light literally anything on fire at any time! Who needs to craft torches anyways?! Drop your items on the ground next to sleeping Beefalo and light er up! Save those grass and twigs and pick up some early meat for the teams Wilson! Maybe even a Beefalo Horn or Fur for hats later!

• Willow is also the only character who can use the Treeburning Gate Strategy. Hounds coming? Everyone pack in behind the walls while WILLOW stays at the door, lights all the trees on fire with her impossible to catch fire log suit spear and football helmet and does the dirty work for you jamming fishsticks in her face! Fire damage has never been more useful! I seriously hope this does not burn the hound teeth on the ground too. It probably would. Crap. Then again why would you need Tooth traps if you could just BURN 20 hounds at once with 6 trees? The rest of the team could cover the cost of the burned food and teeth, plus there's always hound mounds for teeth and bee mines as a fail-safe!

Let me do some math!

Hounds have 150 HP base.

Fire does 8-12 damage a second.

8-12 x 6 burning trees in the same area does 48-72 damage a second.

It will literally take Willow 3 seconds to kill any hound who runs into her trap. (Light the trees at the last second!)

But what about Summer Hounds!? I have never fought a pack made up entirely of Summer Hounds, however I know Summer hounds have only 100 HP meaning they die in 2 hits! Perfect for the rest of the team to deal with or Willow with a high damage weapon if you dont like the fire AoE eliminating the risk of a base fire.

This only gets more ridiculous the more you think about it! If you've ever played a tower defense game, you should understand the importance of mazing - causing enemies to take a longer path than they otherwise would. Well imagine you have an entrance to a base that looks like this.

WILLOW.png

Now since everyone is inside the base, and Willow is the only person who doesnt take fire damage from the trees shes going to light she can kite until all the hounds are on her and lead them into the entrance (Other characters cannot light the trees on fire whilst running through the maze without being burned. Other players also cannot know when is the best time to light the trees since they would have to be in the trap to see when the hounds are coming, including with a fire-staff) light the trees on fire and BIG BANG BOOM All the hounds are DEAD if not close to dead. Easy prey for a well-equipped WILLOW and a simple SAFE way to protect your base that's INEXPENSIVE!

(pinecones, seriously.)

• Lighting fires while nervous is bad. Lighting fires while nervous inside your base is really bad. Lighting fires while nervous in battle is not bad. Not bad at all. Perhaps while low on Sanity, she could use her lighter to light fires on demand with a cool-down effect that way she can kite enemies and run through the fire to keep herself safe or start fires . Who wouldnt want that kind of easy to get area control during battle in expense for sanity? Just make sure you feed her once she's done burning everything to death. This would make her as strong as Wigfrid or Wolfgang in my book if not better in general combat (Low Sanity sucks though.)

• She is the only character who can fight the hardest boss of the game without any issues. Why bother risking the rest of the team when you can just send in Willow? She's expendable practically with the current balance. Also who does not want an easy out for one of the hardest, possibly most destructive fights in the game!?

• Adventure mode Adschmenture mode! On the fifth level with the Tam O' Shanter equipped Willow is the ONLY CHARACTER who can speed run the entire way without needing to stop to collect materials in complete darkness! If you come in prepared, she can do it while the rest of you try to survive in the darkness not putting yourself in danger. Talk about a useful way to get out of one difficult stage!

I personally hope they improve Willows move-speed and give her the ability to light fires anywhere "at-will" (on a cool-down) when low sanity. This way she remains the parties scout and lead resource transporter (The Piggyback wont slow her down!) DO YOU NEED THIS "THING" FROM SUCH AND SUCH AN AREA? I WILL SEE YOU IN A DAY OR SO WITH AS MUCH OF IT I CAN JAM DOWN MY SHIRT.

tl;dr Willow is great and I want to play as her in DST now. If there is any EXP system in DST, Willow should be the final unlocked character. I'd rate Willow as a 7/10 B Tier at Minimium.

WILLOW IS CONFIRMED BEST CHARACTER THIS GUY TELLS IT HOW IT IS

Archived