Cannibalism (not a joke this time)

Cannibalism (not a joke this time)   

432 members have voted

1. 1. Should Cannibalism be a thing in the game?

• Yes. Embrace the dark side!
    • No. You psycho...

I don't want it. At all.

If it was somehow added, i would embrace it and deal with it, but i don't want it to be a thing that much.

We don't want this . We are talking about a survival game not hunger games

I'm actually trying to warm up to this. Just looking at this from a psuedo-realism point of view.

=D

If it helps, I was thinking you could instead bury your friends once they die, which would boost your sanity as it´s the human thing to do. 

While players who eat the dead, will suffer a large amount of sanity damage, as they fall into savagery and their primitive nature.

what games have people eating each other, Horror games. this is not horror 

Actually (sorry to be blunt) but you´re wrong, cannibalism is a common convention in the survival genre, think of the film Alive or books like The Road or even Life of Pi

Of course, I understand if you find this too disturbing, that´s perfectly acceptable. 

=D

If it helps, I was thinking you could instead bury your friends once they die, which would boost your sanity as it´s the human thing to do. 

While players who eat the dead, will suffer a large amount of sanity damage, as they fall into savagery and their primitive nature.

I VERY much like this idea. If you and some people were trapped in the wilderness, and you had PLENTY of provisions, you'd likely bury them. If you were starting to, like, die of starvation/exposure/etc, a Donner Party dinner might seem like a better idea...

Actually (sorry to be blunt) but you´re wrong, cannibalism is a common convention in the survival genre, think of the film Alive or books like The Road or even Life of Pi

Of course, I understand if you find this too disturbing, that´s perfectly acceptable. 

thats a few books now look at most horror games and movies Cannibalism everywhere you look look at the outlast new dlc 

=D

But i do like this one 

b-but... it tastes like pork. How can you say no to pork?

OMG if they DID decide to use a different meat, like no health penalty like Monster Meat, but still gave you a big hit to your sanity...made it so you couldn't use it in a crock pot to remove said effects....

....and named the item Long Pork....

gah I'm lovin' these ideas!

This certainly raises some basic controversy. DS is always looking to strive to be original and different and implementing cannibalism would certainly bring more attention to the game, regardless if it's bad or good, growth could always lead to a larger player base.

In multiplayer, being able to kill each other is a pretty neat survival of the fittest concept and having a chunk of meat to go along with a victory would be a nice plus.

How about in order to not have players abuse the system, a player could only attack another when the hunger meter is at 0 or extremely low--thus, justifying the act of cannibalism, as well as to make going on a serial killer rampage have more risks.

This certainly raises some basic controversy. DS is always looking to strive to be original and different and implementing cannibalism would certainly bring more attention to the game, regardless if it's bad or good, growth could always lead to a larger player base.

In multiplayer, being able to kill each other is a pretty neat survival of the fittest concept and having a chunk of meat to go along with a victory would be a nice plus.

How about in order to not have players abuse the system, a player could only attack another when the hunger meter is at 0 or extremely low--thus, justifying the act of cannibalism, as well as to make going on a serial killer rampage have more risks.

^Like

It should not be something you could do ALL THE TIME, I don't want Hannibal on my friggin' server, popping in after murdering an entire other server....

^Like

It should not be something you could do ALL THE TIME, I don't want Hannibal on my friggin' server, popping in after murdering an entire other server....

Yes, having a player such as Wigfrid and Wolfgang going on killing parties would devastate Wendy and Maxwell, as well as other non-combat oriented players. Shame though, I love tanking as Wigfrid.

I think it would be better if the player only wielded meat when it died if it was at a certain point in hunger(and maybe some cooldown or something to new players in the server, since they spawn full)

Yes, having a player such as Wigfrid and Wolfgang going on killing parties would devastate Wendy and Maxwell, as well as other non-combat oriented players. Shame though, I love tanking as Wigfrid.

I agree, hence why if there is the ability to obtain Long Pork somehow, it's gotta have some dire consequences

I think it would be better if the player only wielded meat when it died if it was at a certain point in hunger(and maybe some cooldown or something to new players in the server, since they spawn full)

Yeah, having them only drop meat part of the time would help a lot, I think. Makes me wonder, though, are we gonna drop ALL our gear when we die, like in singleplayer? Might need to be balanced to avoid murder sprees being QUITE so common, if we do...

I VERY much like this idea. If you and some people were trapped in the wilderness, and you had PLENTY of provisions, you'd likely bury them. If you were starting to, like, die of starvation/exposure/etc, a Donner Party dinner might seem like a better idea...

Completely agree. 

thats a few books now look at most horror games and movies Cannibalism everywhere you look look at the outlast new dlc 

But i do like this one 

Oh, well haven´t played many horror games, but I understand where you are coming from. 

Here are some other examples: The Walking Dead, The Way Back, The Naked Prey. To be honest, any situation where a group of people are stuck in the wild with no food, cannibalism is bound to be a subject. There is even real life situations where this has happened. So I feel that it would be perfectly natural to add this to the game.

Also, by having the choice to bury your friends instead of eating them, it gives you the chance to be a decent human being. And as for attackers, even without cannibalism, you are bound to have bandits trying to steal your stuff and kill you.

^Like

To be fair, cannibals or not, there are still bound to be bandits and killers that will attack you no matter what.

Archived