Cannibalism (not a joke this time)

Cannibalism (not a joke this time)   

432 members have voted

1. 1. Should Cannibalism be a thing in the game?

• Yes. Embrace the dark side!
    • No. You psycho...

So you don't think that eating meat dropped by Wendy will have a single effect on the ratings.

Not at all. And this post probably wont even affect the game. The dev's might of already considered adding cannibalism, or maybe they already decided not to.

Also, by now, I don't think one little update to the game (adding multiplayer) would attract hordes of attention. Where the game stands now (pretty popular and already bought by tons of people) it wouldn't matter if they added a couple pieces of meat falling out of Wendy on death.

Not at all. And this post probably wont even affect the game. The dev's might of already considered adding cannibalism, or maybe they already decided not to.

Also, by now, I don't think one little update to the game (adding multiplayer) would attract hordes of attention. Where the game stands now (pretty popular and already bought by tons of people) it wouldn't matter if they added a couple pieces of meat falling out of Wendy on death.

"It's crossed my mind to put long pig in Don't Starve Together! It's funny to think about, but any serious thought about individual items (that aren't central to a mechanic, like the life siphon device) is still a ways off. There may also be ratings ramifications that we have to consider here..." - SethR

Did you just call mulitplayer a little update? It may not attract hordes of attention, but its a rather big expansion.

It would matter. Those little controversial things DO matter. Long ago the magic tab icon used to be the pentagram. However, it was replaced because people didn't like it. It was disturbing in the wrong way, the devs said. Cannibalism will end up the same way.

"It's crossed my mind to put long pig in Don't Starve Together! It's funny to think about, but any serious thought about individual items (that aren't central to a mechanic, like the life siphon device) is still a ways off. There may also be ratings ramifications that we have to consider here..." - SethR

Did you just call mulitplayer a little update? It may not attract hordes of attention, but its a rather big expansion.

It would matter. Those little controversial things DO matter. Long ago the magic tab icon used to be the pentagram. However, it was replaced because people didn't like it. It was disturbing in the wrong way, the devs said. Cannibalism will end up the same way.

DST is a big expansion, but no one will just say "Oh my god it has the option of cannibalism!  This game is terrible!  We can eat little girls!"A lot of games have cannibalism. (Example, fallout3, Fallout New Vegas, Fear,prototype, and Skyrim.) Most of which were good games.  I know that Don't Starve is not those games, but if several games can do that, Don't Starve can too.  Also I know that Don't Starve is not a morbid game (even though there are nightmare creatures, and human skeletons lying around), but will cannibalism out of all things make the game horrible?  As I said before in a post, it is all up to the player.  You do not have to eat someone else.  You probably will never eat anybody, and neither will I.  The game will not force you.  Although, there will be jerks in the games who will try to kill you for the heck of it.  You said something about a reward system.  The people will try to kill you no matter what, more than likely they are trolls. (Which is why I strongly recommend playing on private servers.)  Meaning, no matter what happens, trolls (or very inexperienced players) will try to kill you, cannibalism or not.  I just want it for the sole choice. (Also to get revenge if someone kills my friends, or if they troll me.)

Although, there will be jerks in the games who will try to kill you for the heck of it.  You said something about a reward system.  The people will try to kill you no matter what, more than likely they are trolls. (Which is why I strongly recommend playing on private servers.)  Meaning, no matter what happens, trolls (or very inexperienced players) will try to kill you, cannibalism or not.  I just want it for the sole choice. (Also to get revenge if someone kills my friends, or if they troll me.)

So this mechanic will feed the trolls...

I don't think it will because as I've said - the troll will kill you whether he gets meat or not. Either way, as it stands, merely getting more food from eating human flesh is boring anyway. It would have to be a bit more interesting/unique. That's how I feel about the idea right now.

The only reason I would use this feature is to RP some what with some friends on a PvP server (Depending on server capacity). To be known as fearsome people eaters. As I could survive just fine without eating people. Then again there really isn't (this kind of) sinister characters in the game (unless char creation becomes a thing (unlikely and I'm kind of against it)), so that kinda wrecks my idea. I mean... "Dude! That's cannibal territory! Those guys eat people! Lead by their fearless leader... Wilson!" Makes you shiver now doesn't it...

Then again... it isn't cannibalism if your WX now is it...

Just depends on how everything comes together I suppose.

There going to find a way to tick you off no matter what, cannibalism or not.  If you are so worried about trolls, they will have PVP optional. Than you don't have to worry about them.  Trolls could also try to kill you, for the heck of it, your stuff, or just to take your camp.  This is why I strongly recommend private servers.  Taking cannibalism away won't eliminate trolls murdering you.  Them eating you won't make them stop or continue.

Here is another thing,  lets say you and the friend you are playing with are starving in winter.  You die first, and there is no way to revive you.  Would you be mad if your friend ate you to survive.  To sum this up, would you ever give your life to save your friends.  Cannibalism doesn't always have to be for a bad cause.  This doesn't always have to be a way to feed trolls.  

While an interesting idea, I don't think humans eating humans is quite the same as sentient animals eating other sentient animals.

This includes Pig-men, Hounds and Spiders.

I would rather not have Klei gain a reputation about making a game, possibly played by a younger audience condone HUMAN Cannibalism!

If I was going to die in REAL LIFE, I would let my friends eat me if they ABSOLUTELY HAD TO, and in a fictional world like Don't Starve; this kind of situation does not need to exist.

No.

-TUNING.SANITY_SUPERHUGE

loot = {"meat",1, "meat",0.5}

inst.components.talker:Say(STRINGS.MURDER)

inst.components.kramped:DoDelta(10)

That's my opinion on the subject of matter. You can do it. Doesn't mean you should do it.

-TUNING.SANITY_SUPERHUGE

loot = {"meat",1, "meat",0.5}

inst.components.talker:Say(STRINGS.MURDER)

inst.components.kramped:DoDelta(10)

That's my opinion on the subject of matter. You can do it. Doesn't mean you should do it.

I'm a bit new to coding but does this mean eating people would spawn Krampus? If so then people will do it more... people want more ways to be able to spawn him.

I'm a bit new to coding but does this mean eating people would spawn Krampus? If so then people will do it more... people want more ways to be able to spawn him.

So we should do -10? :-P

Why would you want to intentionally spawn Krampus(-es/-si/Krampi ... you get the point)  though? Charcoal is easier to get by growing some pinecones, of which almost everyone has about a stack around, monster meat... well, maybe in dire times (such as the ones forcing canibalism). And the krampus sack is only any good if you're going to the next world.

None of these resources allow resurrection either.

So we should do -10? :razz:

Why would you want to intentionally spawn Krampus(-es/-si/Krampi ... you get the point)  though? Charcoal is easier to get by growing some pinecones, of which almost everyone has about a stack around, monster meat... well, maybe in dire times (such as the ones forcing canibalism). And the krampus sack is only any good if you're going to the next world.

People just love the krampus sack though. I don't feel like it's worth the effort and insane luck you need to get it, but some people think otherwise.

So we should do -10? :razz:

People just love the krampus sack though. I don't feel like it's worth the effort and insane luck you need to get it, but some people think otherwise.

I can see it now: "Sotty dere, needs da sack from u" Not creepy at all when they are killing you for it. 

Archived