Best things / Worst things

Kevin

Unfortunately, you can't enter the tent if you're not hurt, so that is no solution ;)

No, that IS a solution. Something as minor as that can easily be changed in the game code :) I like the idea of tents fast forwarding. But perhaps make it fade to black when it does and have a random event happen sometimes, like a batch of spiders or other monsters suddenly attack you.

I was hoping that the amulets I dug up in the graves would be able to do something, like be used to catch a pet spider or beefalo or something. It was great that they gave 40 research points, but I was hoping for more. Also, I was hoping the ghost I dug up would be a permanent problem (it could have been a little faster...), always coming at me, making it impossible to stay in one camp for very long.More monsters would be great, like zombie spiders and rabid beefalo that eventually infect the whole herd and don't sleep at night, but it would be better if the more difficult ones only came out when you past a certain point, like the ghost only comes out when you dig him up. For example, wearing the top hat would somehow attract scorpions or snakes, or every time you erect an effigy wolves start to infest the area. Or, unlocking some new thing also unleashes "beefalo rabies"...Or maybe "beefalo rabies" would be something to research and craft, for the advantage of then being able to tame a rabid beefalo with an amulet. lol :)I love how researching cooked monster meat gives 15 points. Discovering those kinds of things makes the game really fun. I hope the full version has a TON more things like that. As for the night boredom that some are experiencing, I find that although it isn't that fun to click research 32 times, there is plenty to do each night. On top of research, building chests, pig houses, farm plots, using flower petals to make manure with your pigs, then making farm plots with that manure... More monsters would make it better, and I think more monsters would make the pig dynamic better also, because your 10 pig army wouldn't be so invincible for so long. Also, every once and a while, a spider should lay a nest of its own accord, thereby multiplying T3s if you leave them for too long.As for paper, could something like 10 paper/10 rope/10 boards be used to make a glider of sorts in the future? It would be cool to have a journal (I might be missing something with the paper, because I haven't explored it that much...), or maybe Willow, or some other character would be able to write a book of poetry or musings that (like the flute) would have some effect on animals when you read it. Example, "political rants" would make the beefalo stampede, which if directed through a forest would be a very efficient way to harvest lumber.Also, are beefalo calves anywhere on the horizon? Just some ideas...

I don't think pigs are a problem at all. Two things that come to mind that have already been mentioned here is lack of actual danger as far as enemies goes, all you have to do it kite moderately well and you're gravy. As well as the whole night mechanic. In my opinion, a very intriguing risk-reward kind of mechanic could be added when night comes. Perhaps there are certain things "available" at night time that you otherwise can not access. As far as I know the only thing even remotely night time exclusive are the fire flys. So far they don't even really do anything. I wouldn't focus on much realism with this game, the fact you can make a 1-up out of beard hair and lots of pig meat speaks for itself. There is a slight magical aspect to this game, hell there's even a tab in the creation menu that's marked as such. Therefore, adding something rare or worth going for at night time would make me actually want to leave the safety of my campfire. Because for the most part I just farm around the immediate area.

I was very excited to find that bees and hives are available, but VERY disappointed to hear that we would have to start all over to get them? Unacceptable, really -- I'm at 50+ days and am really invested. Start over? Fail. No way. You need to find a way to make sure that your new items are available in current games.And we really should be able to switch between characters. Had I known that I wouldn't be able to get beard hair when I decided to try out Willow, I wouldn't have.

I was very excited to find that bees and hives are available, but VERY disappointed to hear that we would have to start all over to get them? Unacceptable, really -- I'm at 50+ days and am really invested. Start over? Fail. No way. You need to find a way to make sure that your new items are available in current games.And we really should be able to switch between characters. Had I known that I wouldn't be able to get beard hair when I decided to try out Willow, I wouldn't have.

it makes female characters the hard mode for the game cause there is no second chanceand the frogs did end up in the new game but the bees didn't glitch? idk but the frogs did show up in the swamp so they are slowly getting the new things in there....and like i said you could easily just change all your stuff in to points then it wouldn't of been wasted time thats what i did...

I assume the frogs are in the old world because they are entities that are spawned whereas the beehives are objects that are generated when you start a new world. And they said in this thread http://forums.kleientertainment.com/showthread.php?440-Upcoming-gameplay-changes&p=1711#post1711 that their going to make the tent let you switch characters while playing. and the meat effigy is Wilson's unique item each character will have it's own unique item eventually. And I was 70+ days into my world so I know how you feel but that's beta for you.

Edited by Toaster Fu

if you have both characters, or even if u dont, your not invested in anything actually. I unlocked both chicks after one 46 day campaign. So starting over isn't exactly a big deal. This game isn't even really officially beta yet anyways. You can't expect perfection and calling things "unacceptable" is a bit over the top imho.

HiI am new here and still have a little to unlock in the game, but still have suggestions and opinion about it.first of all excuse my spelling and the way i write, bacause i am not that good at it :P1. Once again the ability to kill rabbits without a trap is too easy, maybe get the rabits to run away from you, instead of runing to there "home hole" maybe to defrent holes instead, if you know what i mean.2. something with magic, maybe abilities in postions, put together some resource to have a abilitie for short time.3.if you hit a monster with axe, shovel or pickaxe, it well brake much faster. And maybe ad a sword for the game, and also a sheld.4.make some quests for the game, cause it is fun to begin with, but i am sure after i unlock all the stuff, it's going get boring.5. Remove the pig guards, it is fun to begin with, but gets very easy that way. i think it has to be one guard at the time, if i feed a pig, that pig well fallow me until i feed the next one.6.i don't know how, but it could be fun somehow to put some theif action in the game, stealing from the pigs house while there are asleep :) or is that just me :p?i well finish the game, and maybe come back with more ideas :)But i Think it's a great game, good job building it :)/TuRnaD0