Our Tavern (open discussion)

so after being screwed up(i need 5 ice to make the only offensive spell i have and there is only one ice boulder) i got to the mines(even without weapon! Badass!)and found dwarf town and ...lava plains...a ..lot! The only problem(two in fact) are : during war, what happens? Cause it's seems like peace but with cool drummings, even the dwarves are happy...

other thing is the lava rain...it lasts few seconds(2 i think) and don't drop anything(even dangerous things!)..I don't think it's intended like that...idk, i just make some feedback(btw, pretty diamond i found :grin:)

edit : and i really like the lava boulders, not that hard but enough annoying to have a constant difficulty!

The lava boulders are to be just that, annoying and to keep the player moving (also a form of renewable resources, if you want to take that risk)

The War/Peace time is still being tweaked with, currently it should make the dwarfs and Orcs more active and more aggressive along with some buffs.

The lava rain should be doing some damage to the player and raising the players temp, if it is not doing so, it's not working as intended.

As for the Ice, There will be a way to access ice, year round, but that wont happen until several big updates from now. 

• Like 1

Hi guys,

I'm love this mod and was really happy this update finally came out, so I started playing right away. However, every time I tried use the smelter, upon pressing "smelt" the game crashes. I tried disabling all mods except this one, and it still crashes. I don't really understand what the error message means, so here it is:

What do I do now? :(

Glad you enjoy the mod, always nice to hear from a fan of it :)

Could you please post a screen shot of the error screen and your log file. Also please try to give us the steps to reproduce, what were you putting in the smelter? was the smelter empty? etc 

lava rain should've dropped items like earthquake too. But both seem to be nerfed or something - that is, stuff dropping down tends to disappear/break more often than not, And yeah I need smelter crash screenshot/log.

One thing I forgot about, the boulders setting wheats on fire...is basically destroying limited resource. It has no use atm so it's not a big deal but I'll have to patch it to not be burnable or something.

perhaps being tradable with the dwarf merchant? Btw, how can we find this dwarf, i got to 3 mines and don't found one!

post-336434-0-58714900-1414148509_thumb.

if you don't have mod testing toolbox you can do the same with c_findnext then teleport or something, i keep forgetting the syntax, this lets me stay lazy

Glad you enjoy the mod, always nice to hear from a fan of it :-)

Could you please post a screen shot of the error screen and your log file. Also please try to give us the steps to reproduce, what were you putting in the smelter? was the smelter empty? etc 

This forum refuses to let me make more than one post...

Anyway, I tried to put 4 copper and 4 charcoal in the smelter (according to smelter_matcher). Crashes every time I press Smelt.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/43108588722393303/D42D6F9EDAB061C363CBC9C7A22CB79762C95330/

oh and as for lava rain items disappearing, it's klei that made quaker break items at random at some point - I'm quite sure it wasn't THAT bad before. It's breaking 75% of stuff, hmph. Not that I can't override it, I'm not sure if we want to or not?

Even though each world generates 3 lava mines, I planned to have the earthquakes producing a renewable source of ores, so we will be tweaking with the drop rates in the near future.

Hello!  Loving this mod so far...so much potential...thank you for the hard work.  I'm really glad you got a pro wiki too.

Quick question tho:  Where is the Barb's 'Rage' button?  I think I've looked everywhere, even in the Controls Options.  Can't find anything relating to it.  He's only lvl 2 so far though so does it come later??

Thanks again!!

• Like 1

Hello!  Loving this mod so far...so much potential...thank you for the hard work.  I'm really glad you got a pro wiki too.

Quick question tho:  Where is the Barb's 'Rage' button?  I think I've looked everywhere, even in the Controls Options.  Can't find anything relating to it.  He's only lvl 2 so far though so does it come later??

Thanks again!!

Glad to hear you are enjoying the mod, always like to hear that. 

For more info on the barbarian, check out his wiki page ;)

http://hero-in-the-dark.wikia.com/wiki/The_Barbarian

Thanks again!!

Wow, i did not expected that...I'm not that much a pro at doing wiki but i learned a lot while doing it!

• Like 1