Our Tavern (open discussion)

Second batch of monk quotes:

DESCRIBE =	{		WORMLIGHT = "Be wary. It can take... conservative measures.",		WORM =		{		    PLANT = "Be wary. It can take... conservative measures.",		    DIRT = "Just looks like a pile of dirt.",		    WORM = "The roots have taken control of it.",		},		EEL = "It has lost the light, and alas, it's powered no more.",		EEL_COOKED = "A delicacy in foriegn countries.",		UNAGI = "It tastes of fat.",		EYETURRET = "I brought it into existence, so it is forever indebted to me.",		EYETURRET_ITEM = "This realm once again defies logic.",		MINOTAURHORN = "It is tainted with the blood of many.",		MINOTAURCHEST = "A great gamble to take. And like all gambles, it probably won't pay off.",		THULECITE_PIECES = "Divided they are small. Together they are slightly bigger.",		POND_ALGAE = "Cultivated correctly, this can become your greatest ally. Or nemesis.",		GREENSTAFF = "To force beings apart... is a crime worse than murder.",		POTTEDFERN = "A fern in a pot.",		THULECITE = "I dare not speak of what's inside of it.",		ARMORRUINS = "What use would this be of, beyond war?",		RUINS_BAT = "It protects me from death with death itself.",		RUINSHAT = "I wouldn't want this even if I were a king. Though nevertheless, I need it.",		NIGHTMARE_TIMEPIECE =		{		CALM = "The only light that exists here is the pure kind.",		WARN = "An unspeakable evil is approaching.",		WAXING = "Horror will be oozing out of the cracks not moments from now.",		STEADY = "It's pure core is going haywire trying to preserve itself.",		WANING = "The evil here is waning.",		DAWN = "Purity will soon thrive in this land!",		NOMAGIC = "The only light that exists here is the pure kind.",		},		BISHOP_NIGHTMARE = "I expected this.",		ROOK_NIGHTMARE = "A castle, weakened from within. Though I suppose it's weakened in general.",		KNIGHT_NIGHTMARE = "You can take a horse to the water, but you can't make him drink.",		MINOTAUR = "It was once pure, now it is a breeding ground of corruption. So is everything here.",		SPIDER_DROPPER = "It dispenses beasts of unimaginable horror.",		NIGHTMARELIGHT = "A quarantine for death.",		GREENGEM = "The element of creation.",		RELIC = "It's usefulness is debatable.",		RUINS_RUBBLE = "I suspect that this wrong is one that can be righted.",		MULTITOOL_AXE_PICKAXE = "Jack of all trades, king of none.",		ORANGESTAFF = "I'd prefer to use my own ability.",		YELLOWAMULET = "The element of purity.",		GREENAMULET = "It stays true to its meaning.",		SLURPERPELT = "Pure darkness, obtained in the usual way.",

More quotes:

SLURPER = "A whirlwhind of shadows and thievery.",		SLURPER_PELT = "Pure darkness, obtained in the usual way.",		ARMORSLURPER = "It has done good, for once in it's existence.",		ORANGEAMULET = "A frivolous use.",		YELLOWSTAFF = "It calls down an agent from the heavens.",		YELLOWGEM = "The element of purity.",		ORANGEGEM = "The element of what some would call 'convienience'.",		TELEBASE = 		{			VALID = "It's up and ready to intersect.",			GEMS = "It needs more gems to work.",		},		GEMSOCKET = 		{			VALID = "It is fully corrupted. My, I feel quite shameful about doing this.",			GEMS = "It's empty.",		},		STAFFLIGHT = "I bow to your presence.",		RESEARCHLAB4 = "Who would name something that?",	        ANCIENT_ALTAR = "This is the true root of all evil.",        ANCIENT_ALTAR_BROKEN = "It's broken. I hope it stays that way.",        ANCIENT_STATUE = "Why worship a false diety? Especially when the false diety looks like this?",        LICHEN = "How can you live without light?",		CUTLICHEN = "'Tis useful, but feeble.",		CAVE_BANANA = "I've seen nothing like it!",		CAVE_BANANA_COOKED = "A... questionable way to break a fast.",		CAVE_BANANA_TREE = "I don't see how anything survives down here.",		ROCKY = "It's covered in odd stones.",				COMPASS =		{			GENERIC="I can't get a reading.",			N = "North",			S = "South",			E = "East",			W = "West",			NE = "Northeast",			SE = "Southeast",			NW = "Northwest",			SW = "Southwest",		},		NIGHTMARE_TIMEPIECE =		{		CALM = "The only light that exists here is the pure kind.",		WARN = "An unspeakable evil is approaching.",		WAXING = "Horror will be oozing out of the cracks not moments from now.",		STEADY = "It's pure core is going haywire trying to preserve itself.",		WANING = "The evil here is waning.",		DAWN = "Purity will soon thrive in this land!",		NOMAGIC = "The only light that exists here is the pure kind.",		},		HOUNDSTOOTH="I has bitten without mercy up to the point that I killed it.",		ARMORSNURTLESHELL="To hide unnoticed umong beasts.",		BAT="It makes an unearthly noise for all to hear, just because of its poor sight.",		BATBAT = "It takes those from others so that I may use it for a better cause.",		BATWING="It never thought to fly away from this place.",		BATWING_COOKED="It is a bit easier to stomach now.",		BEDROLL_FURRY="Humanity trumps comfort.",		BUNNYMAN="Even the worst of beasts were made for a reason.",		FLOWER_CAVE="It glows with a pure light.",		FLOWER_CAVE_DOUBLE="It glows with a pure light.",		FLOWER_CAVE_TRIPLE="It glows with a pure light.",		GUANO="Filled with things the body did not want.",		LANTERN="And thus, I shall drive away the darkness, with a simple lamp.",		LIGHTBULB="An orb of light.",		MANRABBIT_TAIL="I cannot believe what I have done.",		MUSHTREE_TALL  ="It has grown over the course of many centuries.",		MUSHTREE_MEDIUM="It has grown over the course of many centuries.",		MUSHTREE_SMALL ="It has grown over the course of many centuries.",		RABBITHOUSE="The expected is expected for a reason.",		SLURTLE="I cannot decipher its purpose.",		SLURTLE_SHELLPIECES="Shattered beyond repair.",		SLURTLEHAT="Quite useful, but quite disturbing.",		SLURTLEHOLE="It courses with life, good or not I cannot tell.",		SLURTLESLIME="It shines gently.",		SNURTLE="This one seems to be pacified. It would make a good ally.",		SPIDER_HIDER="Another insect.",		SPIDER_SPITTER="Spitting is rude, though I do not expect it to know that.",		SPIDERHOLE="It's encrusted with old webbing.",		STALAGMITE="The foundation of this entire realm.",		STALAGMITE_FULL="The foundation of this entire realm.",		STALAGMITE_LOW="The foundation of this entire realm.",		STALAGMITE_MED="The foundation of this entire realm.",		STALAGMITE_TALL="The foundation of this entire realm.",		STALAGMITE_TALL_FULL="The foundation of this entire realm.",		STALAGMITE_TALL_LOW="The foundation of this entire realm.",		STALAGMITE_TALL_MED="The foundation of this entire realm.",

Sorry about the small amount of quotes, I had to wrap up a bit early.

STREANGZ.

TURF_CARPETFLOOR = "It is trod upon daily by many, and for that, I thank it.",		TURF_CHECKERFLOOR = "It is trod upon daily by many, and for that, I thank it.",		TURF_DIRT = "It is trod upon daily by many, and for that, I thank it.",		TURF_FOREST = "It is trod upon daily by many, and for that, I thank it.",		TURF_GRASS = "It is trod upon daily by many, and for that, I thank it.",		TURF_MARSH = "It is trod upon daily by many, and for that, I thank it.",		TURF_ROAD = "It is trod upon daily by many, and for that, I thank it.",		TURF_ROCKY = "It is trod upon daily by many, and for that, I thank it.",		TURF_SAVANNA = "It is trod upon daily by many, and for that, I thank it.",		TURF_WOODFLOOR = "It is trod upon daily by many, and for that, I thank it.",		TURF_CAVE="It is trod upon daily by many, and for that, I thank it.",		TURF_FUNGUS="It is trod upon daily by many, and for that, I thank it.",		TURF_SINKHOLE="It is trod upon daily by many, and for that, I thank it.",		TURF_UNDERROCK="It is trod upon daily by many, and for that, I thank it.",		TURF_MUD="It is trod upon daily by many, and for that, I thank it.",		POWCAKE = "It's useless for it's purpose, but not useless altogether.",        CAVE_ENTRANCE =         {            GENERIC="It is plugged for a reason. But which one?",            OPEN = "It holds an entire world, seperated from this one.",        },        CAVE_EXIT = "I musn't return there soon. That was dreadful.",		MAXWELLPHONOGRAPH = "Music is the gateway to the soul. /n I suppose that could lead to some issues.",		BOOMERANG = "Defy logic, and a new version of it is made.",		PIGGUARD = "It only protects it's own life, but in a much less direct manner.",		ABIGAIL = "I feel sympathy, regretful one.",		ADVENTURE_PORTAL = "Entertainment, I presume?",		AMULET = "I feel so safe when I'm wearing it.",		ANIMAL_TRACK = "It was left by something with the freedom to be careless.",		ARMORGRASS = "'Tis a feeble armour, but it is good for now.",		ARMORMARBLE = "It's quite heavy, but I suppose I don't really have need for much mobility.",		ARMORWOOD = "Wooden fort, straw castle.",		ARMOR_SANITY = "I will cloak myself within my foe, but I risk losing myself in the process.",		ASH =		{			GENERIC = "It is now another thing entirely.",			REMAINS_EYE_BONE = "I suppose he'll have no reason to follow me now.",			REMAINS_THINGIE = "It appears I shouldn't have done that.",		},		AXE = "The one case someone should sacrifice the lives of many for the safety of one.",

Also, is there any reason I can't post the file?

Edited by KidneyBeanBoy

Yeah it adds stuff at the very end - behind maxwell, too easy to miss imo. But I'm not sure the order is changeable on our side at all

Does this do the trick for you?

AddClassPostConstruct("screens/characterselectscreen", function(self)	self:SelectCharacter "barb"end)
  • Like 1

Sorry about the small amount of quotes, I had to wrap up a bit early.

STREANGZ.

TURF_CARPETFLOOR = "It is trod upon daily by many, and for that, I thank it.",		TURF_CHECKERFLOOR = "It is trod upon daily by many, and for that, I thank it.",		TURF_DIRT = "It is trod upon daily by many, and for that, I thank it.",		TURF_FOREST = "It is trod upon daily by many, and for that, I thank it.",		TURF_GRASS = "It is trod upon daily by many, and for that, I thank it.",		TURF_MARSH = "It is trod upon daily by many, and for that, I thank it.",		TURF_ROAD = "It is trod upon daily by many, and for that, I thank it.",		TURF_ROCKY = "It is trod upon daily by many, and for that, I thank it.",		TURF_SAVANNA = "It is trod upon daily by many, and for that, I thank it.",		TURF_WOODFLOOR = "It is trod upon daily by many, and for that, I thank it.",		TURF_CAVE="It is trod upon daily by many, and for that, I thank it.",		TURF_FUNGUS="It is trod upon daily by many, and for that, I thank it.",		TURF_SINKHOLE="It is trod upon daily by many, and for that, I thank it.",		TURF_UNDERROCK="It is trod upon daily by many, and for that, I thank it.",		TURF_MUD="It is trod upon daily by many, and for that, I thank it.",		POWCAKE = "It's useless for it's purpose, but not useless altogether.",        CAVE_ENTRANCE =         {            GENERIC="It is plugged for a reason. But which one?",            OPEN = "It holds an entire world, seperated from this one.",        },        CAVE_EXIT = "I musn't return there soon. That was dreadful.",		MAXWELLPHONOGRAPH = "Music is the gateway to the soul. /n I suppose that could lead to some issues.",		BOOMERANG = "Defy logic, and a new version of it is made.",		PIGGUARD = "It only protects it's own life, but in a much less direct manner.",		ABIGAIL = "I feel sympathy, regretful one.",		ADVENTURE_PORTAL = "Entertainment, I presume?",		AMULET = "I feel so safe when I'm wearing it.",		ANIMAL_TRACK = "It was left by something with the freedom to be careless.",		ARMORGRASS = "'Tis a feeble armour, but it is good for now.",		ARMORMARBLE = "It's quite heavy, but I suppose I don't really have need for much mobility.",		ARMORWOOD = "Wooden fort, straw castle.",		ARMOR_SANITY = "I will cloak myself within my foe, but I risk losing myself in the process.",		ASH =		{			GENERIC = "It is now another thing entirely.",			REMAINS_EYE_BONE = "I suppose he'll have no reason to follow me now.",			REMAINS_THINGIE = "It appears I shouldn't have done that.",		},		AXE = "The one case someone should sacrifice the lives of many for the safety of one.",

Also, is there any reason I can't post the file?

I will take  a look at all these quotes,sometime this week, I know you put a lot of time into it. 

I will be honest though, from a quick scan of it, there seems to be a lot of grammatical errors. (it is late for me, so i might be wrong)

I will take a look at all these quotes,sometime this week, I know you put a lot of time into it.

I will be honest though, from a quick scan of it, there seems to be a lot of grammatical errors. (it is late for me, so i might be wrong)

Chances are there is. I didn't have much time to proofread. I'll check it when I get home, though, so they'll be gone quite quickly.

Sorry about the lack of strings recently. Though it is Friday, so I'll be able to work on them tonight.

And another thing. My sister's switching to a university dorm in a few weeks, so when that happens, I won't be able to work on vanilla quotes. I could do some strings for modded items, though, since I would still have my phone.

Edited by KidneyBeanBoy

Over writer's block and currently working on the B's, expect more today.

BABYBEEFALO = "It has not yet seen the worst the world can handle.",		BACKPACK = "My pockets aren't enough.",		BACONEGGS = "I have no need for such a frivolous thing.",		BANDAGE = "The injures that I have sustained will soon be no longer.",		BASALT = "Stubborness isn't necessarily something exclusive to living beings.",		BATBAT = "A being's failure shouldn't be their enemy's success. Not in this way.",		BEARDHAIR = "It's blackened with insanity.",		BEDROLL_STRAW = "Humbling.",		BEE =		{			GENERIC = "It takes what it needs to make what others desire.",			HELD = "Do not fret, I don't plan to kill you.",		},		BEEBOX =		{			FULLHONEY = "They have created enough so that I may take some as well.",			GENERIC = "I have made a new land for them, better than the rest.",			NOHONEY = "How can I take that which does not exist?",			SOMEHONEY = "I shall leave that for them, and take only the excesses.",		},		BEEFALO =		{			FOLLOWER = "It knows I am not one of them, but it follows me just the same..",			GENERIC = "They treat each other as equals, unlike us.",			NAKED = "I would have avoided it if I could, friend.",			SLEEPING = "They are not fazed by darkness.",		},		BEEFALOHAT = "I doubt they would fall for this.",

Something!

You have any slight idea of when the next update will be released? I'm craving for some don't Starve but i want to wait until your next update before starting a new world!

Over writer's block and currently working on the B's, expect more today.

QUOTES

I like most of your quotes, keep it up!

You have any slight idea of when the next update will be released? I'm craving for some don't Starve but i want to wait until your next update before starting a new world!

TBH , That's a little hard to answer. The update was getting so large and slowing us down that we broke it up into smaller updates. I can't give any ETA on the next dungeon, but I will say this, there will be several new characters added into the live version "soon". ;)

TBH , That's a little hard to answer. The update was getting so large and slowing us down that we broke it up into smaller updates. I can't give any ETA on the next dungeon, but I will say this, there will be several new characters added into the live version "soon". ;)

As long as i get an update with fixes to sound and/or any bugs i'm good. hoping it's not longer than 2-3 weeks though lol.

I never even got in a dungeon yet, those goblins screams break it for me for now! XD

As long as i get an update with fixes to sound and/or any bugs i'm good. hoping it's not longer than 2-3 weeks though lol.

I never even got in a dungeon yet, those goblins screams break it for me for now! XD

Hopefully there will be a character update sometime this week. Along with some bug fixes I mentioned before.

Edited by kraken121
  • Like 1

That's nice (: but i don't recall asking for them, but at one point i asked if there was a way to use spells with a controller...which obviously is not possible sadly!

We never said it is not possible, we just don't have the tools to test it ATM and we currently have more important things to work on ATM ;)

We never said it is not possible, we just don't have the tools to test it ATM and we currently have more important things to work on ATM ;)

Yeah, you're right, but i think the only way it is possible, is by changing the UI for it when in controller mod, and you said something along the lines of not wanting to change how it is, which is understandable. Everybody gotta stick to it's vision (:

Yeah, you're right, but i think the only way it is possible, is by changing the UI for it when in controller mod, and you said something along the lines of not wanting to change how it is, which is understandable. Everybody gotta stick to it's vision (:

Since we are still changing things with the UI a lot with tweaks and new stuff, we really do not want to maintain two at the same time and have to keep updating each one. After we have the default UI all set and where we want it, we will probably look into making one for the controllers. 

Hey @kraken121; I'm making headway with the Druid strings; give until about Friday-Saturday time and I'll send them to you.

ah cool, I might be late to respond, I will be out of town for a couple days

I know it's not really matters but it's always good to don't see wilson in the minimap while you're playing mod characters...By the way, It's awesome :razz: !

Thanks, 

Yeah, that art will be changed to the head of the character you are playing.