Our Tavern (open discussion)

Hey i have been playing this mod for about a week and someone on Youtube used the Armor of lesser fire to stop over heating in the lava caves. When i tried this it didn't work i looked on the wiki and nothing says it has been changed! Can anyone help me?

Hey i have been playing this mod for about a week and someone on Youtube used the Armor of lesser fire to stop over heating in the lava caves. When i tried this it didn't work i looked on the wiki and nothing says it has been changed! Can anyone help me?

That was a bug, I believe we fixed it in the live version of the mod. It should keep increasing your heat. You should try using frost armor in the mines ;)

• Like 1

That was a bug, I believe we fixed it in the live version of the mod. It should keep increasing your heat. You should try using frost armor in the mines ;)

Will that stop me from over heating or just slow it down? Thanks for the help.

should slow it down

I don't know who updates the wiki but it says that frost armor warms you and fire cools you.

After exploring the dwarf fortress i found the sinkhole leading into the secret but when i go in it the place is blocked by lava walls i cant break! I cant think of anything i need to do. Is it just bad luck with the world gen or do i need to do something to get past the walls? P.S I have killed the Dwarf King!

http://i.imgur.com/Ul6Lifm.jpg

Edited by JimmyJam

I don't know who updates the wiki but it says that frost armor warms you and fire cools you.

After exploring the dwarf fortress i found the sinkhole leading into the secret but when i go in it the place is blocked by lava walls i cant break! I cant think of anything i need to do. Is it just bad luck with the world gen or do i need to do something to get past the walls? P.S I have killed the Dwarf King!

http://i.imgur.com/Ul6Lifm.jpg

Hum, seem i missed a bugfix then. Last time i played, they were still a reliable way to not overheat.

Edited by orian34

So, i wanted to say something.

This mod is amazing, and i can't let it go away.

I do not want it to go away, and that's why i won't let it disappear.

I will learn how to code it, and it'll become alive again!

Beware of the necromancers!

• Like 2

So, i wanted to say something.

This mod is amazing, and i can't let it go away.

I do not want it to go away, and that's why i won't let it disappear.

I will learn how to code it, and it'll become alive again!

Beware of the necromancers!

I d love that :) I await u and ur new skillset! just painting over some of the stuff for portfolio reasons, but i ll always find time to slowly make progress on this in the future

• Like 1

I posted over at Steam (as asmoore) about how much I've been enjoying this mod.  One of the things I've loved most is discovering things through trial and error (as I've long since known RoG backwards and forwards) so I haven't gone through the wiki extensively.

That said, I noticed there are almost no character guides.  There is one for the Barbarian but it isn't translated to English from what I can tell.

I've been playing the Cleric quite a lot.  Still more to learn I'm sure but would you be interested in me submitting a Cleric Guide at some point in the near future?

Thank you guys for all the hard work.  This mod is fantastic and I'm sure I'll be enjoying the heck out of it for quite some time.

I posted over at Steam (as asmoore) about how much I've been enjoying this mod.  One of the things I've loved most is discovering things through trial and error (as I've long since known RoG backwards and forwards) so I haven't gone through the wiki extensively.

That said, I noticed there are almost no character guides.  There is one for the Barbarian but it isn't translated to English from what I can tell.

I've been playing the Cleric quite a lot.  Still more to learn I'm sure but would you be interested in me submitting a Cleric Guide at some point in the near future?

Thank you guys for all the hard work.  This mod is fantastic and I'm sure I'll be enjoying the heck out of it for quite some time.

Thanks for the kind words :)

I'm guessing you are talking about the crafting, while I was designing the crafting I wanted to give it an old school feel, so players that wanted to experiment with the materials could do just that (like the crockpot) but also give the players that wanted to be able to find the recipes, the choice of doing that as well ;)

Glad you are enjoying our project and hope you keep enjoying it :)

As for the wiki, feel free to upload any character guides that you want :)

Hello here, have few questions

- is there a some [planned] goal in late game, like a killing boss or something?

- i didn't played d&d and maybe i am wrong, but isn't it was depend on randomness? I am talk about "throw a dice" game

- since your mod is looks similar to RPG is it planned to add features like "crit" hits (thief-like persons have more chances to do it than armored one, crit multiply is higher then warrior and etc) or stats (all this DEX, STR, LUCK and such)?

- your mod is strict to certain classes and it's not welcome to add (as addon to mod) any other?

Edited by Rincevvind

Hello here, have few questions

- is there a some [planned] goal in late game, like a killing boss or something?

- i didn't played d&d and maybe i am wrong, but isn't it was depend on randomness? I am talk about "throw a dice" game

- since your mod is looks similar to RPG is it planned to add features like "crit" hits (thief-like persons have more chances to do it than armored one, crit multiply is higher then warrior and etc) or stats (all this DEX, STR, LUCK and such)?

- your mod is strict to certain classes and it's not welcome to add (as addon to mod) any other?

There are some bosses already in the mod and more planned, there is not a "goal" just like in base game, some ideas for late game though.

There is no rand when it comes to dmg, I've never been a fan of that mechanic.

There are crit things planned and a thief class has been working on dev version for a while now, just not in public build.

There will be no stats, str, dex etc added to the mod.

Other non mod characters and even base game characters can be played within the mod but I overhauled a lot of the base game items and armors and weapons and balanced the mod around that, so while you can use other characters and other weapons from outside the mod, they will break the balance of the mod unless you adjust numbers.