Suggestions

I have great suggestions:

All the characters should have ability to repair things, that they're specialized in. For example:

- Paladin can repair swords

- Barbarian can repair swords

- Druid can repair staffs

hehe there will be ways, from now to the big update ;)

THe awesome suggestion

Name: The summoner

Stats: 400 hp, 200 hunger and 120 sanity

Start with: Synthetic garland

Abilities: 1.Small sanity aura for all summoned creatures

2. Lose sanity when summons die

3.Very bad attack(0.9 damage multiplier) but high health

4. Summoning cost health(like shadow puppets of maxwell)

5. Have his personnal unperishable garland

6. Summons have always more health than counterparts, when it's said more health, it's MORE health

7. pigs and bunnymen don't like be tamed by him...

Summoning cost(blackened and unusable until the summon die) 10% max health, you can have 6 summons at the same time...

Talent tree:

(5hp and 2 sanity)

1.nothing

2. Summon spells lv1: Bee: Like a bee but more health  Require: 1 honey Lose: 10 sanity

3.faster but 0.8 damage multiplier

4. Summon spells lv2:Killer bee: Quicker and more damage than killer bees Require: 1 dart Lose: 12 sanity

Frog: Less health but more damage Require : frog legs Lose: 15 sanity

5. Happy and smile!Sanity spell Lv1 : 2 papyrus, garland and parasoll    15 sanity(10 uses)

6.0.7 damage and +30 health

7. nothing

8.Summon spells lv3:Spiders: all more damage and more health Require: spider, 1 silk, Spider warrior 1 healing salve and cave spider, 1 monster meat Lose: 15/20/20

Birchnutter: more damage, plant himself after 20 sec(do not create tree) Require : 1 birchnut Lose: 5 sanity

9:0.6 damage and get 10% of the summon max health when dies 

10:Summon spells lv4: Ruin spider: more range and quicker with less health but more damage Require: 2 monster meats and 3 silks

Lose: 22

Batilisk: Lot quicker and less damage but more health Require: Batilisk wing Lose :15

Hey! Melon face!: 2 papyrus, 4 manure, 1 watermelon and 1 red gem

All monsters that are not summons aggro you

11:0.5 damage and sanity spell lvl2: 4 papyrus , 1 cat tail, 1 feather hat, and rain coat

heal 40 sanity(10 uses)

12:Summon spells lv 5: Spitter:quicker fire rate and more health Require: 3 ferns and 2 rocks Lose: 20

Slurper: drain life when on heads and have more life Require: 2 light bulbs and 1 monster jerky Lose : 30

Hound: Less barking and more damage Require: 4 monster meats and 1 hound tooth Lose: 20

13: Summon spells lv 6: Ice hound: insta freeze all when die Require: 4 monster meats and 3 nitre Lose:50

Fire hound: burn when hit Require: 4 cooked monster meats and 1 gunpowder Lose :40

Splumonkey(not affected by ruins....but...): shots lots more manure Require: 1 cave banana and 6 manure Lose: 40

14:0.4 damage and faster

15: summon spells lv7 : Tallbird: More health Require: tallbird egg  Lose: 60 sanity

16: summon spells lv8 : Youre own and real MActusk! More damages Require: Tam of shanter(yes, he is very powerfull) Lose :70

17:Sanity spells lv3 : 6 papyrus, top hat, dapper vest, walking cane and glommer flower(not perished, you have to not kill him for that)

Heal 80 sanity( 20 uses)

18:0.3 damage and +40 sanity

19: Summon spells lv9: Depth worms: 2 depth worms that have more health Require: 2 glowing berries and 10 light bulbs Lose: 40

20: Summon spells lv 10: 4 krampuses more health and damage Require: 4 coal Lose: Nothing, you've been naughty!

Master of the mind:4 papyrus, 1 eyeball, 20 nightmare fuels and 6 purple gem

you control anything targeted(even bosses) 10 uses

That's all!!!

(sorry for repost i will delete)

As you can see, it's based on being support and not fighting :p

Edited by orian34

THe awesome suggestion

Name: The summoner

Stats: 400 hp, 200 hunger and 120 sanity

Start with: Synthetic garland

Abilities: 1.Small sanity aura for all summoned creatures

2. Lose sanity when summons die

3.Very bad attack(0.9 damage multiplier) but high health

4. Summoning cost health(like shadow puppets of maxwell)

5. Have his personnal unperishable garland

6. Summons have always more health than counterparts, when it's said more health, it's MORE health

7. pigs and bunnymen don't like be tamed by him...

Summoning cost(blackened and unusable until the summon die) 10% max health, you can have 6 summons at the same time...

Talent tree:

(5hp and 2 sanity)

1.nothing

2. Summon spells lv1: Bee: Like a bee but more health  Require: 1 honey Lose: 10 sanity

3.faster but 0.8 damage multiplier

4. Summon spells lv2:Killer bee: Quicker and more damage than killer bees Require: 1 dart Lose: 12 sanity

Frog: Less health but more damage Require : frog legs Lose: 15 sanity

5. Happy and smile!Sanity spell Lv1 : 2 papyrus, garland and parasoll    15 sanity(10 uses)

6.0.7 damage and +30 health

7. nothing

8.Summon spells lv3:Spiders: all more damage and more health Require: spider, 1 silk, Spider warrior 1 healing salve and cave spider, 1 monster meat Lose: 15/20/20

Birchnutter: more damage, plant himself after 20 sec(do not create tree) Require : 1 birchnut Lose: 5 sanity

9:0.6 damage and get 10% of the summon max health when dies 

10:Summon spells lv4: Ruin spider: more range and quicker with less health but more damage Require: 2 monster meats and 3 silks

Lose: 22

Batilisk: Lot quicker and less damage but more health Require: Batilisk wing Lose :15

Hey! Melon face!: 2 papyrus, 4 manure, 1 watermelon and 1 red gem

All monsters that are not summons aggro you

11:0.5 damage and sanity spell lvl2: 4 papyrus , 1 cat tail, 1 feather hat, and rain coat

heal 40 sanity(10 uses)

12:Summon spells lv 5: Spitter:quicker fire rate and more health Require: 3 ferns and 2 rocks Lose: 20

Slurper: drain life when on heads and have more life Require: 2 light bulbs and 1 monster jerky Lose : 30

Hound: Less barking and more damage Require: 4 monster meats and 1 hound tooth Lose: 20

13: Summon spells lv 6: Ice hound: insta freeze all when die Require: 4 monster meats and 3 nitre Lose:50

Fire hound: burn when hit Require: 4 cooked monster meats and 1 gunpowder Lose :40

Splumonkey(not affected by ruins....but...): shots lots more manure Require: 1 cave banana and 6 manure Lose: 40

14:0.4 damage and faster

15: summon spells lv7 : Tallbird: More health Require: tallbird egg  Lose: 60 sanity

16: summon spells lv8 : Youre own and real MActusk! More damages Require: Tam of shanter(yes, he is very powerfull) Lose :70

17:Sanity spells lv3 : 6 papyrus, top hat, dapper vest, walking cane and glommer flower(not perished, you have to not kill him for that)

Heal 80 sanity( 20 uses)

18:0.3 damage and +40 sanity

19: Summon spells lv9: Depth worms: 2 depth worms that have more health Require: 2 glowing berries and 10 light bulbs Lose: 40

20: Summon spells lv 10: 4 krampuses more health and damage Require: 4 coal Lose: Nothing, you've been naughty!

Master of the mind:4 papyrus, 1 eyeball, 20 nightmare fuels and 6 purple gem

you control anything targeted(even bosses) 10 uses

That's all!!!

(sorry for repost i will delete)

As you can see, it's based on being support and not fighting :razz:

There is already a summoning class planned ;) but very different summons hehe

Few things I've noticed, the Druid gains sanity from planting pinecones but not from planting birchnuts... Bees and killer bees don't do posion damage which I thought was weird. Goblins constantly scream their heads off. Other than that I'm loving the mod so far

i found a nasty bug...the trap weapon or armor(those who spawn 4 goblins/hounds)  make spawn them EVERY time i pick or drop it(even in inventory), it's a bug because once you quit and reload, they do not do it   :razz:

And YES, the goblin king is easy...to get trough it you already have 3 thulecite suits(armor+ headgear+ weapon)so ...i destroy all the goblins, get to the treasure room and... wait? I there has to be a boss? I come back and the king were far away of it's original place...and he last 5 sec...

I have question, lightning staff...is it working like lightning rod or it's not functional yet?

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3278930970500696984/93103AF4EF8744ABAE6041D66D6D9DDB368A934C/

How screwed am i?

Edit: i have 2 thulecite armor at 100%,it was the second,  in 5 sec they ruined my save... :(

And i wanted to test the wander potions  :willowilson:    

Edited by orian34

There is already a summoning class planned ;) but very different summons hehe

I'm glad you didn't take the summoning Ranger route. I personally never cared about any summoning class other than the one you're planning (I don't want to spoiler it, but is it really a spoiler if it's already in modmain as a comment? :razz:)

What about a divination mechanic?

We are currently overhauling the magic system, there will be 8 schools of magic, divination will be one of them.

I am currently working on another "divination" mechanic, but that will not be added until much later.

Few things I've noticed, the Druid gains sanity from planting pinecones but not from planting birchnuts... Bees and killer bees don't do posion damage which I thought was weird. Goblins constantly scream their heads off. Other than that I'm loving the mod so far

yes, you are right, planting pinecones will increase sanity, did not think to add them to birchnuts, will put that in for the next update. 

I actually did think of giving the bees poison dmg instead of physical damage type, I just did not get a chance to play around with that yet.

Yeah, goblins screaming has been fixed in our dev version of the mod, next patch will address that issue, no more mah mah mah every 2 sec :p

Glad you're enjoying the mod :D

I'm glad you didn't take the summoning Ranger route. I personally never cared about any summoning class other than the one you're planning (I don't want to spoiler it, but is it really a spoiler if it's already in modmain as a comment? :razz:)

There is a "summon" line of spells going in but yeah, I only wanted one character to be focused around summoning, trying to keep the feel of each character as different/unique as possible.  I think people will enjoy what we did with our ranger, the ranger will have a mechanic that i have not seen, even in the slightest, in any other mod out there, I think players will enjoy it greatly hehe

You should not be going through our underwear drawer and reading the labels tsk tsk  :p

i found a nasty bug...the trap weapon or armor(those who spawn 4 goblins/hounds)  make spawn them EVERY time i pick or drop it(even in inventory), it's a bug because once you quit and reload, they do not do it   :razz:  I will look into this. thanks.

And YES, the goblin king is easy...to get trough it you already have 3 thulecite suits(armor+ headgear+ weapon)so ...i destroy all the goblins, get to the treasure room and... wait? I there has to be a boss? I come back and the king were far away of it's original place...and he last 5 sec... I will test and tweak him a little more, mess around with the AI a little. But you also must consider what other mods you are using. Which ones are you using? I have no idea what that mod does that gives you a class (vagabond), you must consider that any mod that strengthens your character will have a direct effect on the difficultly of this mod.

I have question, lightning staff...is it working like lightning rod or it's not functional yet? I did not even think of adding this function, but I like the idea, I will think about this, but I think we might add this as a mechanic, thanks!

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3278930970500696984/93103AF4EF8744ABAE6041D66D6D9DDB368A934C/

How screwed am i? yikes, a goblin army! a hint: place the goblin kings head on the ground when other goblins are around you ;)

Edit: i have 2 thulecite armor at 100%,it was the second,  in 5 sec they ruined my save... :( too many goblins at once will eat through any armor like it was butter ;)

Replied in red above :)

Cleaning up/removing unused references is too much effort for me :p

Not that locking underwear drawer would stop someone that knows where the master key is :p

• Like 2

Replied in red above :-)

The vagabond class is the rpg mod, in rog it's buggy and you can't level up so i'm stuck to lvl 1, and i play with that because vagabond is the only class that NOT let you craft other things than starting craft and shovel(or if you find blueprint), so it's a good way to trash ressources because i can't use them(geems, gold others...), the miner hat was a set piece with 4 treeguards :p

And the secret to get the unused(or similar) thulecite armor from animated armor is : vorpal axe...just killed 2 animated armor after 5 hits...i was searching for them after that :D (idem for slurtle/dark goblins) so i have too much armors... :spidercowers:

Humph... I have though what should I suggest yet but nothung was in my head (except brain trolls!)

So I have some "Dark" propositions:

1. Shadow goblins:

- 50 HP

- 20 Dmg

- 10 SP drain

- At graveyards in 5-7 groups

- Slow

- They're have longer goblin's death song as roaring

2. Shadow orcs:

- Weaker (DK stats)

- At graveyard in 3-5 groups

- 20 SP drain

- Slow

3. Shadow riders:

- Goblins at hounds

- At graveyards same

- 100 HP

- 75 Dmg

- Few faster than player

- 25 SP drain

All of them drops nightmare fuel and some shadow stuff that I'm suggesting here:

1. Shadow armor:

- Lesser

- 80 Def

- 100 Hits prot

- 20% chance to scary enemy

- Normal

- 100 Def

- 150 Hits prot

- 35% chance to scary enemy

- Greater

- 120 Def

- 175 Hits prot

- 50% chance to scary enemy

... More to come, too worked on now.

New version = new suggestions:

1. Cave ogre/orc:

- Same as normal but faster and harder (higher def)

2. Mage goblin:

- Same life as goblins

- Sends at you some of bad spells

3. Alchemist NPC:

- You can buy some potion at him

4. Thrown potions (animation is same as no-weapon-in-hand hit):

- Some bad effects at all types (or good, if HitD will be in DS Together too, but for now...)

5. Lesser time at LOH (if it isn't yet)

I can try to do poison spider den icon but the code is really hard to read :/ Is needed there any special program?

New version = new suggestions:

1. Cave ogre/orc:

- Same as normal but faster and harder (higher def)

There are already Orges being worked on.

2. Mage goblin:

- Same life as goblins

- Sends at you some of bad spells

There are already some goblins in the mod that cast spells, more monster casters will be added in as the mod progresses.

3. Alchemist NPC:

- You can buy some potion at him

We will be adding in a crafting update which will include alchemy tables.

4. Thrown potions (animation is same as no-weapon-in-hand hit):

- Some bad effects at all types (or good, if HitD will be in DS Together too, but for now...)

5. Lesser time at LOH (if it isn't yet)

As of now I have no plans to change the timer for LOH, I feel it is balanced for what it does. 

I can try to do poison spider den icon but the code is really hard to read :/ Is needed there any special program?

Answers in red.

2. Have you ever got to the goblin lair? Last map is full of them...

And YES, you need special program for a lot of things 

I didn't seen mage goblins yet...

And LOH I do not using for now. Cleric have not this spell.

I know about a lot of programs (like for animations) but I just can't do them. I have standalone, so I have not spriter, that means I have really thin choice of coding. I can only make some art in gimp and paint (yup, sometimes it's needed). But that coding in HitD is REALLY annoying. Does it require GitHub or sth?

I didn't seen mage goblins yet...

And LOH I do not using for now. Cleric have not this spell.

I know about a lot of programs (like for animations) but I just can't do them. I have standalone, so I have not spriter, that means I have really thin choice of coding. I can only make some art in gimp and paint (yup, sometimes it's needed). But that coding in HitD is REALLY annoying. Does it require GitHub or sth?

I believe Spriter is a free program to download, it should not matter that you have standalone. Actually the steam version gives an old version of spriter, it's better to just download a new version of it from their site.

" But that coding in HitD is REALLY annoying. " The coding for our mod is done in the same language as DS. 

" just know you need something to decode .lua docs..." nope.. i tried...

And i found something....i think,  Is ancient world saves(before 0.0.4) crashes when hound waves comes? Because it's what's happened to me...