Suggestions

I got this mod a while ago, but I have to re install it because it updated. Have you considered putting Hero in the dark on steam workshop? It automatically updates the mod on the installers don't starve if you did that instead of people re installing the whole mod. It would really make it much easier for me and maybe some other people.

First off, welcome to our sub forum :)

We discussed this matter at great length earlier in the mods development. We decided to wait until Beta phase to upload it to Steam. I will be honest as to our reason, it's because of the Steam community. 

After seeing other collaborations like "Up and Away" launch on Steam during Alpha and all of the rude comments towards the developers, about bugs, name calling, etc, we decided to hold back uploading to Steam.  So we decided to wait until we hit a more stable phase of this project and then release it on Steam. 

So what I suggest to do for now, just click the follow button on our download page, http://forums.kleientertainment.com/files/file/518-mod-hero-in-the-dark/

whenever we update the mod, you will get a notification, so all you will have to do is just log into the forums every couple days or so and check to see if you got an update.

Hope you understand and hope you're enjoying playing our mod :)

• Like 1

I got a suggestion for the wizard!

I realy love the massive number of spells, but i would like to be able to filter them out, like for exemple if i learn a skill that i don't like or i have a higher level spell or something...maybe pressing a key/button on keyboard/controller to hide them?

If possible, i was thinking like, if you press Y on the controller when a spell is selected it disapear from the list ''i'm talking about the creation tab, not the spell book''

Maybe when the spellbook is fully functional with controller i won't mind, but for now, it takes forever to scroll the list :D

good idea

Ok I officially hate this forum and it randomly losing my posts. I'm aware that reading through 50 things is annoying as hell, esp if you don't use relaxed crafting - the whole thing is more of a workaround for buttons not being linked to controller interface than anything.

That said... I have no clue if the crafting bar can take 5 more buttons without freaking out (so the spells can get split by school when not using spellbook interface). If it can, it should be easy to split it per-school on a controller mode. I'll have to mess around with it I guess.

• Like 1

If it works it would be awesome! Sometimes i just wish though, that we could play with controller eenabled but still be able to use the keyboard/mouse control at the same time like many other pc games...that way i could use the abilities on top of the screen and the beautifully crafted books!
Damn Klei for disabling key/mouse when controller is active! lol

Yeah that would work nicely, set pieces need more traps :razz:

I made a sketch for 'em (excuse the crappy quality, but we're moving, so I don't have my scanner).

post-268981-0-64571400-1405773158_thumb.

The things on the right are the remains of the lantern after it has spawned the Will O' Wisp. There are four possible designs I thought of.

• Like 1

Ooooooh, as i was playing a lot with the mod, I can study the usual behavior to create adapted traps ;)

I've been trying to think outside the box and think of things that will truly surprise the players, like the animated armors or wonder potions hahaha 

I'm a troll at heart with a dark elf illusion, I love doing these things to players :p