Suggestions

I could do the Art ! (I have finished the Dwarf Fortress entrance, but I'm too lazy to upload it right now :3 )

I'm probably just going to recolor the spider queen and the venom sac, so no need for new art for this. :)

Still need that other stuff I sent you in a PM though ;)

Okay, I recently worked up the humility to look at the DnD wiki, and I have one thing to say.

Why haven't you added psions yet.

Did you really mean psions as in psionics?

If so, i think it would be hard to implement something like that, and have good visuals to represent what they are doing.

mind flayers? I've been wanting those for a while too.

Yeah, I would love to get those in game along with some other stuff that we have plans for, but we are still waiting for a lot of the basic art for the mod. 

The last couple weeks i've been playing extensively with the wizard, and i got to say, i really like him but i think he needs to make more damage. Because first of all, he can die very easily and he needs to make damage quickly to compensate, and the only truly powerful skill he has is fireball but it can easily backfire if you're not careful lol. I think his default weapon ''magic missile'' should be stronger and here are the reasons.

1- all other characters can do more damage per hit with a simple spear

2-spears are wayyy more easy to craft

3-you need to farm for nightmare fuel and for that you need to become insane and he has tons of sanity

4-even after he gets his damage boost, it is still weaker than most characters damage.

My suggestion, change default from 20 to 30, and lv10dmg from 30 to 50. That way he can take care of spiders and such in 2 hits when at a higher level. But still needs to hit quite a few times for goblins and such.

The last couple weeks i've been playing extensively with the wizard, and i got to say, i really like him but i think he needs to make more damage. Because first of all, he can die very easily and he needs to make damage quickly to compensate, and the only truly powerful skill he has is fireball but it can easily backfire if you're not careful lol. I think his default weapon ''magic missile'' should be stronger and here are the reasons.

1- all other characters can do more damage per hit with a simple spear

2-spears are wayyy more easy to craft

3-you need to farm for nightmare fuel and for that you need to become insane and he has tons of sanity

4-even after he gets his damage boost, it is still weaker than most characters damage.

My suggestion, change default from 20 to 30, and lv10dmg from 30 to 50. That way he can take care of spiders and such in 2 hits when at a higher level. But still needs to hit quite a few times for goblins and such.

Well, a couple things about this issue,

1. The wizard only has up to his lv 5 spells currently, he will be eventually gaining up to lv 9 spells. So over the next couple updates you will see more spells going into the mod, especially for the wizard. 

2. Once we get the mines update launched, I will be looking into more balance issues, this next update (which will be much larger than I originally thought) will be addressing some balance issues as well, but not much on spells. 

3. I will look into Magic Missile damage, I really want it to be the base wizard attack for when he is low on other spells but I do not want its damage too high because it is a cheap range attack. 

I have some pretty cool stuff planned that hopefully you will be seeing soon ;)

Well, a couple things about this issue,

1. The wizard only has up to his lv 5 spells currently, he will be eventually gaining up to lv 9 spells. So over the next couple updates you will see more spells going into the mod, especially for the wizard. 

2. Once we get the mines update launched, I will be looking into more balance issues, this next update (which will be much larger than I originally thought) will be addressing some balance issues as well, but not much on spells. 

3. I will look into Magic Missile damage, I really want it to be the base wizard attack for when he is low on other spells but I do not want its damage too high because it is a cheap range attack. 

I have some pretty cool stuff planned that hopefully you will be seeing soon ;)

I see, so we will probably get higher damage weapons then!

I understand the magic missile being his base attack, but like i say, maybe just have it be on par with spear for others at least? since it's harder to make/ needs more ressources,

maybe instead of 20 and later 30 it could be 25 and later34? so it takes 1 few hit to kill enemies with 100hp?

Other than that, i understand and agree with all the points you made (:

Edited by julz1981

I understand the magic missile being his base attack, but like i say, maybe just have it be on par with spear for others at least? since it's harder to make/ needs more ressources,

maybe instead of 20 and later 30 it could be 25 and later34? so it takes 1 few hit to kill enemies with 100hp?

well, currently spear does 34 dmg per hit, magic missile does 40dmg per hit at lv 20, so it is slightly stronger. But something you also have to understand, the magic missile does force damage, not physical damage like the spear, this can be very very handy, since not many monsters have force resistance. 

In this next update, you will be seeing some buffs to various monsters (resistance, hp etc)

• Like 1

just to see what I am talking about, go try and kill an animated armor with a spear and then go try and kill an animated armor with the magic missile ;)

that is a bug haha

Why? You dont want vorpalling constructs? I'm not even sure what are core rules on those immunities.

I mean I could say, there is no 'construct bane' which should allow instakilling constructs, so lets assume all vorpals act as construct banes too.

I have to try, what's the command to spawn one?

spawn what? fa_animatedarmor? fa_spell_magicmissile?

Edited by DeathDisciple

Why? You dont want vorpalling constructs? I'm not even sure what are core rules on those immunities.

I mean I could say, there is no 'construct bane' which should allow instakilling constructs, so lets assume all vorpals act as construct banes too.

Can't vorpal constructs. Vorpalling is pretty much doing a very life ending hit, like chopping off of the head. 

the armor (: thanks

Can't vorpal constructs. Vorpalling is pretty much doing a very life ending hit, like chopping off of the head. 

Like I said, the weapon system is incomplete, to remove the instakilling from one would assume the rest of the system is implemented. It's like saying you put mobs with force immunity and not implementing other magic types.

It will get an overhaul in next zone anyway.

just to see what I am talking about, go try and kill an animated armor with a spear and then go try and kill an animated armor with the magic missile ;)

Wow, i had never realised it would make such a big difference lol