I cannot exit the goblins cave boss level, i can wrap back from the last teleporter, but the one after that only has the inspect option, so i cannot go further..

Actually, wouldn't it be best to have a teleporter that brings you back outside in the boss chamber? ''if possible''

I cannot exit the goblins cave boss level, i can wrap back from the last teleporter, but the one after that only has the inspect option, so i cannot go further..

Actually, wouldn't it be best to have a teleporter that brings you back outside in the boss chamber? ''if possible''

That is... weird. I'll have to check what could break teleporters. One of them indeed doesn't seem to want to bring me back now, sounds like a tiled setup bug somewhere.

And, we made one but never actually placed it - I do think we should - somewhere behind the king or after king dies. So, you can spawn it yourself and use it to pull yourself out. Just type into console

DebugSpawn("fa_surface_portal")
  • Like 1

That is... weird. I'll have to check what could break teleporters. One of them indeed doesn't seem to want to bring me back now, sounds like a tiled setup bug somewhere.

And, we made one but never actually placed it - I do think we should - somewhere behind the king or after king dies. So, you can spawn it yourself and use it to pull yourself out. Just type into console

DebugSpawn("fa_surface_portal")

Thanks (:

NOOOOOOO, i lost my 250+ days with over 40 of each potions and lots of great stuff because i fought 3 nightmare monsters and forgot to equip my armor! :(

Edited by julz1981

The shield scroll does not give any feedback as to if it is active, for how long, and whatnot.

there is no spell effects or timer at the top, nothing at all.

Yeah, I haven't implemented feedback, the spells are working but not showing on buff bars. Basically for that and false life I'd have to show more than just a timer - the buff is there until it's used up, but how do i show it? I either need to put second counter for 'x amount of physical protection remaining'/'x amount of temp hp remaining' or some form of a bar. And even so, how do I even try to explain what it actually is in tight space?

It needs feedback, but I'm not sure what would it be.

Yeah, I haven't implemented feedback, the spells are working but not showing on buff bars. Basically for that and false life I'd have to show more than just a timer - the buff is there until it's used up, but how do i show it? I either need to put second counter for 'x amount of physical protection remaining'/'x amount of temp hp remaining' or some form of a bar. And even so, how do I even try to explain what it actually is in tight space?

It needs feedback, but I'm not sure what would it be.

can't you just make an animated force shield? kinda like the wizzard shield in Diablo 3?

Edited by julz1981

can't you just make an animated force shield? kinda like the wizzard shield in Diablo 3?

I have no idea what the wizards shield looks like in D3, never played it <Blizzard rant removed> 

On topic, animations take quite a bit of time to make, so we have to consider, what can be used more than once, those get higher priority than those that get used once. 

So we must think about ways around it, I was thinking about adding in some type of DR (damage resistance) or DM (damage mitigated) or DA (damage absorbed) icon. 

I would still like to see buff timers though or some type of icon to notify the player when certain things will run out, we have been discussing this lately. 

edit: and that is why feedback from all of you is so important ;)

Edited by kraken121

I have no idea what the wizards shield looks like in D3, never played it <Blizzard rant removed> 

On topic, animations take quite a bit of time to make, so we have to consider, what can be used more than once, those get higher priority than those that get used once. 

So we must think about ways around it, I was thinking about adding in some type of DR (damage resistance) or DM (damage mitigated) or DA (damage absorbed) icon. 

I would still like to see buff timers though or some type of icon to notify the player when certain things will run out, we have been discussing this lately. 

edit: and that is why feedback from all of you is so important ;)

Actually, i just realised that the mage armor's animation is pretty much what the wizzard's shield looks like in D3!

So, i'd say doing the same for shield is out of the question lol.

But yeah, wathever you decide to opt for, as long as we get some feedback! (:

BTW, the fear spell does not work ''at least on pigs'' so far.

Edited by julz1981

Actually, i just realised that the mage armor's animation is pretty much what the wizzard's shield looks like in D3!

So, i'd say doing the same for shield is out of the question lol.

But yeah, wathever you decide to opt for, as long as we get some feedback! (:

it depends on ur level, I will get more into that during wiki development, which is like most spells ;)

• Like 1

it depends on ur level, I will get more into that during wiki development, which is like most spells ;)

How about wand range? i know you said you'd increase them, but are they based on levels? because i have a fireball staff and i need to be way too close to cast it, and it damages me every single time! i died twice because of this tonight already lol

Hmm the wand range is set to 20 which should be pretty much whole screen as is... and yeah i have no idea if autoattack forces you in closer range than the actual weapon range.

As for the feedback, damage buffers are generalistic in nature, not necessarily linked to one spell or another (there will be multiple spells or effects adding to the same buffer), so treating them in the same way/with same buff logic as 'normal' buffs is kinda misleading, plus you need to know how much of your buff amount is remaining...

Having a visual/animation of sorts that shows you have certain type of buffer is of course desirable, but there would need to be something more to actually tell you the details. And the fact that there are like 10 separate numbers to track (or can be, think of: temp hp, temp phys dr, 100 protection from element x ones) is... painful to fit anywhere really...

I was thinking to put them below/around the badges (health/sanity/whatever thingies), but then I remembered too many popular mods that change that UI and... If I did that, keeping compat would turn into quite an annoyance. Still sounds like the most logical place - and if you make details (x out of y) show on hover it might work nicely enough.

Edited by DeathDisciple

How about wand range? i know you said you'd increase them, but are they based on levels? because i have a fireball staff and i need to be way too close to cast it, and it damages me every single time! i died twice because of this tonight already lol

Ok, I fail to see why you're having issues... live wand range is 20, which ends up with the range being like this

post-336434-0-96192900-1405508937_thumb.

Then I went and changed it to 40, which ended up with me being able to F a already marked target from offscreen. Note that I use Wide FOV+RPG Hud which lets me zoom out way more than normal game, hence the screen size i have on screen shots is 'illegal' as far as the orig game goes.... So even 20 is likely more than you can actually 'see' if you don't remove the clouds/zoom restriction.

Both are waaaay out of range of fireball explosion, fireball has radius=5 which is just slightly higher than melee attack radius... I don't get how can you hurt yourself with it, unless you shoot at mobs right next to you.

post-336434-0-18856500-1405509157_thumb.

EDIT: AAAAND I think I know what that is... and it's...  For some reason they have hard capped controller range to 8. Numeric constant. How or who came up with such awesome idea...

Technically I can overwrite the whole function, but being that rog has a different version, and that I cant even test it, I'm VERY reluctant to do so. If you want to see if I'm right about the cause, look at line 693 in

dont_stave/data/DLC0001/scripts/components/playercontroller.lua. I'm gonna guess you can change rad=8 to say rad=max_range and get controller autoattack to function with same range as F does, but I have no means to check if it works or if it crashes the hell out of something.

Edited by DeathDisciple
  • Like 1

Oh and I did not touch up on this

It is, however we're not doing an amazing job at explaining how the cc spells work. Most of them have a 'difficulty check', that is, you have to have certain caster level for a spell to land on a certain creature. So without further modifiers, in this case you would need to be above level 8 for fear to land on pigs - its based on mob hp.

And then there's the fact you can't 'scare' a rook because it's a construct, and you can't scare undead the same way as living.

One of the reasons to put some detailed examine windows or something I guess.

Oh and I did not touch up on this

It is, however we're not doing an amazing job at explaining how the cc spells work. Most of them have a 'difficulty check', that is, you have to have certain caster level for a spell to land on a certain creature. So without further modifiers, in this case you would need to be above level 8 for fear to land on pigs - its based on mob hp.

And then there's the fact you can't 'scare' a rook because it's a construct, and you can't scare undead the same way as living.

One of the reasons to put some detailed examine windows or something I guess.

or perhaps this is the time for the wiki to enter in the show? :)

• Like 2

or perhaps this is the time for the wiki to enter in the show? :-)

Yes, that too. The per-casterlevel  calculations of damage/thresholds for CCs should be included in wiki spell lists, or spell links/descriptions, I dunno what structure you will have in the end.

Edited by DeathDisciple

it's    Magic =>All the categories of schools and in the school page(and a description of what's these type of spells), you have a link with every school based spell. i will even put the color of the scrolls for each school

Edited by orian34
  • Like 1

or perhaps this is the time for the wiki to enter in the show? :-)

Yeah, exactly.

I really wanted to leave the spell descriptions a little vague, so players could figure out stuff for themselves if they wanted to, personally I like having that type of puzzle in a game to work it out myself. The wiki should really be used for more detailed information about what things do. And also want to keep the UI as clean as it can be, with as little clutter as possible.

it's    Magic =>All the categories of schools and in the school page(and a description of what's these type of spells), you have a link with every school based spell. i will even put the color of the scrolls for each school

As Death said, basically some of the spells work by caster lv, like for example, 

Mage Armor 

60% at lv 1, 65% at lv 5, 70% at lv 10, 75% at lv 15, 80% at lv 20, absord for now in chest armor slot, lasts half a day

Sleep

puts enemies to sleep, 3hd per 6 lvs, AoE, atk breaks it, will gain aggro on wake

Magic Missile 

Lv 1 = 20 dmg, lv 5 = 25dmg, lv10 = 30 dmg, lv 15 = 35 dmg, lv 20 = 40dmg

HD = hit dice = 100 hp

So if you look at the sleep spell, it is 3 HD per 6 caster lvs, that means it will start putting enemies to sleep that have 300hp or lower, after the next 6 levels it will put enemies to sleep that are 600hp or lower. etc etc

Those are basically the three type of variants of spell design, besides the normal buff with a timer or a set damage spell. One of the reasons I decided to go this way while designing the spell system, I really wanted the lower lv spells to still be useful at higher levels, to give the players the choice on how they wanted to play. That is another reason why the crafting ingredients are so high, because most spells get stronger the more you level. I would like the Higher lv wizard to have a multitude of choices on how they can hunt and manage surviving within the world. 

As for the schools of magic, eventually there will be items that give bonuses to certain schools of magic, like an Enchantment bonus + 1 , might increase the HD of a spell by +1, so sleep would start at 4HD per 6 lvs, something along those lines. Also, certain other characters, like the necromancer will be prohibited from using certain schools but he will get benefits in the necromancy school of magic along with some necromancer only spells. 

that's on the cleric .lua but the divine might is on the brimstone book(is that old ones?)

GetPlayer().fa_spellcraft.spells[1]={
        {
            recname="fa_spell_curelightwounds",
            school="conjuration",
        },
        {
            recname="fa_spell_mending",
            school="transmutation",
        },
        {
            recname="fa_spell_inflictlightwounds",
            school="necromancy",