I can't replicate it. Could you try with just HitD enabled?

Since it's a bad idea to disable U&A and play a save previously using it, it'd be much better to create a new save specifically for the test. If you have Mod Testing Toolbox, you can teleport to a dungeon entrance by typing the following in the console

GoTo "fa_dungeon_entrance"

UA isn't needed for this mess to happen, I don't have it either on saves that are crashing. Basically, run to first dungeon, go down one level, it works fine, go down 2nd level entrance and enter, it crashes before worldgen even starts 50% of the time. Nothing in log whatsoever that tells me what happens...

I said I could reproduce it every time. I lied. Due to that I thought I missed preloading something due to memfix/worldgen whatever, turned off memfix in both my code and global, went to the last lv without crashes. Then I turned them back on, went through again with no crashes...

Man, don't ever hire me as a tester

• Like 1

Well I guess it is somehow related with memfix logic because I can't reproduce it at all without any form of memfix active, and I guess it is something in the way I am handling the world level swaps. It will usually manifest itself in 2 or 3 world generations without save/load, it doesn't seem to crash on first gen ever, so it's not as simple as 'missing anim/prefab' or something. It will also lead to a crash after multiple world swaps, but I don't know how many, anywhere from 3 to 10+ as far as my running around showed. Wether it's just exposing the existing issue instead of causing it is another question.

Neither of those effects lead to any permanent damage or save corruptions, because crashes happen after save is done or before the world gen even started. Neither of the crashes are result or accompanied by memory spikes so it's not any form of memory leak. Due to the semi random nature of the thing, I would guess it might be something I am supposed to be preloading and am not, so it's a subject of potential race condition.

Finding out what however, with no error whatsoever... will be hell of a job, unless I'm missing something obvious.

Edited by DeathDisciple

Okay, I got raged because of 3rd time of crashing by pitchfork, so I fixed it. I'm attaching modmain with fixed issue here for all guys that can't do it.

We have that fix on the Dev version, I was pretty sure we pushed that live as well, i guess not :D

woah..its old...6.61 bare bones i think...i'll try updating n recheck :-)

sigh...i updated to the latest one...version 6.71 RPG HUD - Neat 45 .the problem persists...

Edited by soul

Ok, well, the current version can't possibly have same crash logs, or we're not using same download, because line 283 is not refresh() call :p

Can you upload a full log file after the crash? I can't seem to be able to reproduce the crash. Or a savegame.

I don't know, probably won't have to restart world. I'm not sure it will fix the problem either, it's possible there is some form of collision between my patching code to rpghud and some other inv mod from your list, I'll have to go check the other mods, I don't see a way for rpghud to crash that way unless something else has overwritten its rebuild method after I did - which would imply it ran with priority at or below -1, since the crash happens because my patch is not in effect, as far as I can tell.

in that case let me check that by quitting other mods..i'll update after that :grin:

nope the same problem persists even after i turn off all the mods other then HitD

Edited by soul
new info

in that case let me check that by quitting other mods..i'll update after that :grin:

nope the same problem persists even after i turn off all the mods other then HitD

Did you update your game?

Can you upload your save pls

I totally forgot this but when you use the goodberries spell, they are invisible...(i used it thrice til i use the space bar.)

it was a month ago but i forgot it :/

thought we fixed that a while ago, have you tested it recently?