hmph figures I failed to include a proper dlc-specific setting for summer-only, expect heat to be way more serious issue than now :razz: Also, turned out there were a few missing things for non-dlc versions I'll have to hunt down.

yeah, heat is a much more serious issue in the lava caves now, we should be pushing through a small update "soon" that will address that issue and some other content.

Nice

Here is some fast sketches I made.

Is there some item or creature that needs model and texture? I could make few sketches out of your ideas.

And then if you like them I can make the final textures on computer.

OQPv7Lc.jpg?2?7881

The Vulture is simply amazing...

First things first. Loving the Mod and all that it brings to the table! Still exploring the various playable characters but am very focused on the wizard currently.

That being said i seem to have run into a bug that crashes the game. Though not specific to the wizard himself i find it more of an issue with his spells that use a fire mechanic. (btw the aoe explosion on fireball makes the risk reward of the spell quite balanced, ive caught myself in it countless times lol) 

The issue is with respect to the randomly map generated loot chests. and seems to affect at least 2 of the types that i have discovered. (haven't tried it on the 2 upper tier chests)  Back when the chests were smashable i just hammered them open for the loot inside and went on my merry way, until i saved and tried to load the game which instantly crashed. (learned my lesson and so did you guys i guess because the chests became unsmashable w/ the hammer.) Needless to say i gave up on glitching my way to the loot and just farmed up some keys and lived happily ever after... until now.

In my careless disregard for how many goblins i was burning to death with the "wall of fire" spell. I accidentally burnt both (in seperate instances) a wooden chest and skeleton chest in the lair. This of course caused the chest to disappear and drop its non burnable loot on the ground. I continued to play thinking nothing of it until i saved/quit and then reloaded my game and tried to enter that specific level of the lair again, at which point the same prompt crash as when i had hammered the chests open/destroyed from before.

Ill attach the crash file when i get the chance but i think the simple fix might be to make the loot chests nonflammable as well.

Last but not least, Loving this Mod from begining to end and still exploring!

• Like 3

First things first. Loving the Mod and all that it brings to the table! Still exploring the various playable characters but am very focused on the wizard currently.

That being said i seem to have run into a bug that crashes the game. Though not specific to the wizard himself i find it more of an issue with his spells that use a fire mechanic. (btw the aoe explosion on fireball makes the risk reward of the spell quite balanced, ive caught myself in it countless times lol) 

The issue is with respect to the randomly map generated loot chests. and seems to affect at least 2 of the types that i have discovered. (haven't tried it on the 2 upper tier chests)  Back when the chests were smashable i just hammered them open for the loot inside and went on my merry way, until i saved and tried to load the game which instantly crashed. (learned my lesson and so did you guys i guess because the chests became unsmashable w/ the hammer.) Needless to say i gave up on glitching my way to the loot and just farmed up some keys and lived happily ever after... until now.

In my careless disregard for how many goblins i was burning to death with the "wall of fire" spell. I accidentally burnt both (in seperate instances) a wooden chest and skeleton chest in the lair. This of course caused the chest to disappear and drop its non burnable loot on the ground. I continued to play thinking nothing of it until i saved/quit and then reloaded my game and tried to enter that specific level of the lair again, at which point the same prompt crash as when i had hammered the chests open/destroyed from before.

Ill attach the crash file when i get the chance but i think the simple fix might be to make the loot chests nonflammable as well.

Last but not least, Loving this Mod from begining to end and still exploring!

We're glad you are enjoying the mod project, we always love to hear feedback from followers of the mod, so thanks for taking the time to write that lengthy bug report :)

please give us your log file when you are able or take a screen shot of the error screen. Again, thanks for taking the time to inform us of this issue.

note (wizard is my favorite character ;)

• Like 1

Having crashes with Hero in the Dark on starting a world in Don't Starve when RPG HUD All-In-1 Neat is also enabled. I can get to the part where I'm supposed to fill in what I want on my tombstone, and then no matter what I enter, I have to press Enter three times to get that input box to go away. Maxwell stands there and runs his mouth, and as soon as I click anything to stand up, Don't Starve crashes.

The information provided seems to be pointing towards a conflict between your inventorybar_override.lua, and RPG HUD's inventorybar.lua.

Log attached. Using your Alpha 0.09 and RPG HUD All-in-1 Neat's Version 7.22, Updated Dec 10th, 9:39am

Please let me know if you need anything else, such as a screenshot of the error screen. This bug is reproducible for me. I also joined your group on Steam, so feel free to message me there if you'd like, I'll probaly respond more quickly.

log.txt

The UI patches I have to do require changing the number of slots, which are causing floating point indices in his new code. Fixing that on my side would be quite ugly, tho I might do it for the next patch anyway.

As for now, I can only suggest using the standard rpghud or old versions of neat, the new implementation is not compatible with HiTD. I'm not sure the support for neat will be continued at all, for multiple reasons:

1. stuff he made optional now is considered mandatory in HiTD without rpghud (extra slots) and our balancing will depend on it.

2. keeping compatibility is limiting our own ability to control HUD elements, like extra badges that we need right about now

3. the configuration support has removed the main reason for maintaining compatibility - it's simply much easier for us to make extra options in our mod and rewrite the UI as we see fit instead

Sorry for the inconvenience.

The UI patches I have to do require changing the number of slots, which are causing floating point indices in his new code. Fixing that on my side would be quite ugly, tho I might do it for the next patch anyway.

As for now, I can only suggest using the standard rpghud or old versions of neat, the new implementation is not compatible with HiTD. I'm not sure the support for neat will be continued at all, for multiple reasons:

1. stuff he made optional now is considered mandatory in HiTD without rpghud (extra slots) and our balancing will depend on it.

2. keeping compatibility is limiting our own ability to control HUD elements, like extra badges that we need right about now

3. the configuration support has removed the main reason for maintaining compatibility - it's simply much easier for us to make extra options in our mod and rewrite the UI as we see fit instead

You could try talking to @kiopho and reach a common ground. Though I understand the need for a fully custom HitD UI.

You could try talking to @kiopho and reach a common ground. Though I understand the need for a fully custom HitD UI.

Oh his changes make perfect sense for him (and vanilla game) just not for us. This is in no way intended as a critique to the RPGHUD author. The main reason I made a frankenstein compat code is my unwillingness to code low level UI stuff, the popularity and leaving people an option of x different levels of inventory micromanagement. That is what 'default' versions still provide, if they wanted to keep them, they will continue to work.

However, the further we went the more obvious it became that certain UI mods will collide and/or make the UI positioning a nightmare. I have simply delayed the decisions on what or how to deal with UI as long as I could just 'get away with it', but frankly we have come to the point when it is no longer possible. I am talking more about design documents and what's to come than the current live version.

This particular crash can be amended, it's nothing but a reminder of the underlying issues that will be just more and more complicated to work around, and that I am getting tired of solving. The codebase could certainly use significant cleanup/redesign, but considering that DST will force me to rewrite huge amount of it anyway, death to standalone modding that is soon to follow, and my time and patience being limited, I would prefer finishing the beta features and doing full launch.

• Like 1

The codebase could certainly use significant cleanup/redesign, but considering that DST will force me to rewrite huge amount of it anyway, death to standalone modding that is soon to follow, and my time and patience being limited, I would prefer finishing the beta features and doing full launch.

So you're thinking of finishing up HitD soon-ish, and possibly packing your things and leaving the forums? I can certainly get that, but it's a true shame.

So you're thinking of finishing up HitD soon-ish, and possibly packing your things and leaving the forums? I can certainly get that, but it's a true shame.

That is certainly one possible outcome, I can't say for sure what will happen once we wrap up beta. I cannot and will not maintain 100 branches and versions, I cannot work on 2 branches at the same time so I have to wrap up singleplayer first, I feel responsible to the rest of the team to do at least that. I will not tackle porting to DST at a serious level before that happens because it still lacks features that I would need to be able to port it completely (caves, ROG seasons etc). So what will happen when we come to that point, I don't know.

Mod can certainly evolve past the beta milestone, but wether it makes sense to continue or not (to me anyway) is a different matter altogether . I don't think it will die without me either. I have certain agendas and principles, I have already broken some of them for the sake of this mod. It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that I am... unhappy... with the way certain things are progressing here.

Yet I can't say for sure, time will tell.

Ah, no problem. I'm a pack-rat extraordinare and so having the extra slots means I can wait on building a base until I find a perfect spot that much longer is all. I'll have to get used to going it with the default inventory space.

Thanks for the quick response and your time.

Ah, no problem. I'm a pack-rat extraordinare and so having the extra slots means I can wait on building a base until I find a perfect spot that much longer is all. I'll have to get used to going it with the default inventory space.

Thanks for the quick response and your time.

Yeah well, you could try to find the old versions and use them - it's the most recent patch of rpghud that broke it. I'll make an option for double inv space I suppose, I'm not a fan of minimalistic inventory either :)

@DeathDisciple Hi there !

I just learned that RPG HUD is having compatibility issues with your mod. I just recently released a new update that changed quite a lot of stuff in inventory.lua and badges.lua. I'm trying to give people as much options as possible while trying my best to keep the mod compatible with the most popular ones. But I don't think I'm gonna change anything anymore, just update it as the game gets updated.

I'm not a real programmer, just passionate by tweaking and customizing and used the little I learned from reading the game's code to make fun/useful mods. But if I can help make it easier on you, just let me know.

Cheers !

@DeathDisciple Hi there !

I just learned that RPG HUD is having compatibility issues with your mod. I just recently released a new update that changed quite a lot of stuff in inventory.lua and badges.lua. I'm trying to give people as much options as possible while trying my best to keep the mod compatible with the most popular ones. But I don't think I'm gonna change anything anymore, just update it as the game gets updated.

I'm not a real programmer, just passionate by tweaking and customizing and used the little I learned from reading the game's code to make fun/useful mods. But if I can help make it easier on you, just let me know.

Cheers !

Yeah, what you've done makes perfect sense, it's simply my code that was trying to interact with your changes too 'deeply'. The reason why I had to do it at all is adding a bunch of extra equip slots myself. Now, as you can imagine, that didn't play nicely with existing UI (especially on 45, 55 and such that have fixed 5 slots in the middle of them), so I 'pulled' equipslot bar on top and tried to fill in the blanks with 'normal' inventory slots that would otherwise end up empty. Basically I made 45 into 50 and 55 into 60, 25 neat into 30. And realigned stuff where it would go nuts.

That was all fine and cool while your mods were separate and the numbers were fixed (tho an ugly solution on its own I suppose). But it came to bite me now. I could just leave the empty spaces and keep the exact size as you did, that would likely work for the most part, and that's what I was planning on doing. Not the best solution visually.

However... since I got your attention, perhaps you could help me try to find a better option. At least for default (non-neat) versions, I think I could do exactly what I did before, if only you changed the if/elseif blocks to test directly on your modconfig values instead of actual number of slots. I don't think it would change anything on your side of things, and it would let me change the number of slots without it causing bypassing of all if blocks and crashing the thing to hell. Just making sure that stuff falls into the right blocks, I don't think it would influence anyone but me.

The same thing would probably work for neat too, e.g. if T=numslots+5 was loading modconfig's numslots not the final ones, but I'm not sure if that would break somewhere/or someone elses stuff. Tho neat I might have to break elsewhere, as I mentioned before, so that isn't as important. I'd definitely like to keep default version working fine, if at all possible.

Thanks for your time :)

Yeah, what you've done makes perfect sense, it's simply my code that was trying to interact with your changes too 'deeply'. The reason why I had to do it at all is adding a bunch of extra equip slots myself. Now, as you can imagine, that didn't play nicely with existing UI (especially on 45, 55 and such that have fixed 5 slots in the middle of them), so I 'pulled' equipslot bar on top and tried to fill in the blanks with 'normal' inventory slots that would otherwise end up empty. Basically I made 45 into 50 and 55 into 60, 25 neat into 30. And realigned stuff where it would go nuts.

That was all fine and cool while your mods were separate and the numbers were fixed (tho an ugly solution on its own I suppose). But it came to bite me now. I could just leave the empty spaces and keep the exact size as you did, that would likely work for the most part, and that's what I was planning on doing. Not the best solution visually.

However... since I got your attention, perhaps you could help me try to find a better option. At least for default (non-neat) versions, I think I could do exactly what I did before, if only you changed the if/elseif blocks to test directly on your modconfig values instead of actual number of slots. I don't think it would change anything on your side of things, and it would let me change the number of slots without it causing bypassing of all if blocks and crashing the thing to hell. Just making sure that stuff falls into the right blocks, I don't think it would influence anyone but me.

The same thing would probably work for neat too, e.g. if T=numslots+5 was loading modconfig's numslots not the final ones, but I'm not sure if that would break somewhere/or someone elses stuff. Tho neat I might have to break elsewhere, as I mentioned before, so that isn't as important. I'd definitely like to keep default version working fine, if at all possible.

Thanks for your time :-)

Here's a version of RPG HUD Neat that works when the inventory is set to 15 and backpack/amulet slots are activated (otherwise it breaks since your fa_inventory_override assumes they always exist). I changed the if/elseif to check for modconfig values instead of equip slots using the method simplex gave me.

Here are two screenshots (with and without controller) image 1 image 2

Let me know if you have any suggestions on how to do it better or if you think this is fine so I can do the same with the Default version and hopefully we'll make both mods work together fine.

PS : Those comments about my code writing in your modmain.. They hurt my feelings :'(

Nah, I'm kidding, but I'm really a noobie so any help is welcome.

• Like 1

Reading my comments is typically harmful for one's health, I should've warned you. That said, the swears in override are aimed at me, I'm a nerd, a metalhead, and prone to coding with a few beers. I don't even remember what did I say in modmain.  Serves me right for not removing them :p

Either way, yeah that's what I had in mind. Backpack/amulet crashing it is something I'll just check separately and reenable myself I suppose, like I said I don't intend to let them turn them off at all, that's not an issue.

Reading my comments is typically harmful for one's health, I should've warned you. That said, the swears in override are aimed at me, I'm a nerd, a metalhead, and prone to coding with a few beers. I don't even remember what did I say in modmain.  Serves me right for not removing them :razz:

Either way, yeah that's what I had in mind. Backpack/amulet crashing it is something I'll just check separately and reenable myself I suppose, like I said I don't intend to let them turn them off at all, that's not an issue.

Haha I'm not really upset, you know :)

So we keep in touch mate.