Lazy kraken :p

DM on cleric should work tho, its just the order of 2 lists thats off. And the whole image thing is not really used for anything but controller-version, I should replace it with proper scroll images but I should fix the controller support for books instead... lol

Ok, I fail to see why you're having issues... live wand range is 20, which ends up with the range being like this

attachicon.gifrange1.jpg

Then I went and changed it to 40, which ended up with me being able to F a already marked target from offscreen. Note that I use Wide FOV+RPG Hud which lets me zoom out way more than normal game, hence the screen size i have on screen shots is 'illegal' as far as the orig game goes.... So even 20 is likely more than you can actually 'see' if you don't remove the clouds/zoom restriction.

Both are waaaay out of range of fireball explosion, fireball has radius=5 which is just slightly higher than melee attack radius... I don't get how can you hurt yourself with it, unless you shoot at mobs right next to you.

attachicon.gifrange2.jpg

EDIT: AAAAND I think I know what that is... and it's...  For some reason they have hard capped controller range to 8. Numeric constant. How or who came up with such awesome idea...

Technically I can overwrite the whole function, but being that rog has a different version, and that I cant even test it, I'm VERY reluctant to do so. If you want to see if I'm right about the cause, look at line 693 in

dont_stave/data/DLC0001/scripts/components/playercontroller.lua. I'm gonna guess you can change rad=8 to say rad=max_range and get controller autoattack to function with same range as F does, but I have no means to check if it works or if it crashes the hell out of something.

It's in ''catching'' local rad = 8? i will try and change it! and be back with results.

I did it, and there is no change! it sucks because targeting is ridiculously close.

Edited by julz1981

hmmm that's odd... i guess there's more than one place with similar behavior. So what is happening after the change, does it start running towards mob when you hit whatever attack button is instead of shooting, or it simply stays silent as if there was no mob to target?

It's in ''catching'' local rad = 8? i will try and change it! and be back with results.

I did it, and there is no change! it sucks because targeting is ridiculously close.

hmmm that's odd... i guess there's more than one place with similar behavior. So what is happening after the change, does it start running towards mob when you hit whatever attack button is instead of shooting, or it simply stays silent as if there was no mob to target?

there is no change whatsoever, the attack button only appears when i am a third of the screen away like usual

there is no change whatsoever, the attack button only appears when i am a third of the screen away like usual

Oh ok, hold on, I think I know what you did, the

--catching

local rad = 8

should stay as is, that is not relevant to the shooting range :p

The radius you have to change is in UpdateControllerAttackTarget, like this

function PlayerController:UpdateControllerAttackTarget(dt)	if self.controllerattacktargetage then		self.controllerattacktargetage = self.controllerattacktargetage + dt	end		--if self.controller_attack_target and self.controllerattacktargetage and self.controllerattacktargetage < .3 then return end	local heading_angle = -(self.inst.Transform:GetRotation())	local dir = Vector3(math.cos(heading_angle*DEGREES),0, math.sin(heading_angle*DEGREES))		local me_pos = Vector3(self.inst.Transform:GetWorldPosition())			local min_rad = 4	local max_range = self.inst.components.combat:GetAttackRange() + 3	local rad = 8......etc...................

that's where you should change rad = 8 to rad = max_range (or you can use some big number just for checks, but that should work)

stuff

Thanks a lot, changed it to 24 and i can attack someone at the edge of the screen!

One last thing, is there a mod or a tweak that can make it so we can lock the zoom? because i hate zooming out and having the camera come back to its default position

edit: i got a feeling the wizzard is gonna be so much more fun already. :D

Edited by julz1981

Thanks a lot, changed it to 24 and i can attack someone at the edge of the screen!

One last thing, is there a mod or a tweak that can make it so we can lock the zoom? because i hate zooming out and having the camera come back to its default position

edit: i got a feeling the wizzard is gonna be so much more fun already. :grin:

Ok, so... I guess I should incorporate the change into the mod. Let me know if you run into any issues with it.

And I dunno about camera, rpghud removes the zoom limit, and I can't remember if/what sets camera back at all. Another controller feature somewhere?

Ok, so... I guess I should incorporate the change into the mod. Let me know if you run into any issues with it.

And I dunno about camera, rpghud removes the zoom limit, and I can't remember if/what sets camera back at all. Another controller feature somewhere?

well, i dont zoom because i remember back when i was playing with keyboard, it annoyed me that zooming out, the camera would get back to its default zoom after 3-4 seconds. It was annoying and i dont zoom anymore, but if it could stay zoomed out, it would be useful with the wizard and further down the line with the ranger/archer wathever other characters you're making! :D

Default game does have 'clouds' that prevent you from zooming out properly, that is removed by rpghud (although just non cave levels have higher zoom for some reason). We should probably put higher zoom as an option, I'm really not a fan of close and personal restriction and as you said it's messing up with long range toons/mobs shooting at you out of your sight range (which will happen if/when we give them some decent ranged attacks).

• Like 1

Not sure if bug or oversight or something, but Mend can repair practicaly everything even scrolls, but it cannot repair wands! it can however repair staffs.

That's a bug.

It should not be able to mend 1. scrolls/books 2. wands 3. other mending tools

That's a bug.

It should not be able to mend 1. scrolls/books 2. wands 3. other mending tools

I thought it was weird it could repair scrolls, but i personally think it would make sense to repair wands but wathever you prefer! :grin:

edi: WHAAAAAT, i just realised i have a Hero in the Dark banner/thingy under my name now! YAYYYY! :D

Edited by julz1981
  • Like 1

I thought it was weird it could repair scrolls, but i personally think it would make sense to repair wands but wathever you prefer! :grin:

edi: WHAAAAAT, i just realised i have a Hero in the Dark banner/thingy under my name now! YAYYYY! :grin:

Haha, welcome aboard! now you should be able to post in our private forums as well ;)

As for the wands, think of it this way, the durability is not the wand breaking, but the amount of magic stored within the wand diminishing ;) (its for balance reasons)

and I don't think Orian noticed theirs yet :p

Edited by kraken121
  • Like 1

Haha, welcome aboard! now you should be able to post in our private forums as well ;)

As for the wands, think of it this way, the durability is not the wand breaking, but the amount of magic stored within the wand diminishing ;) (its for balance reasons)

and I don't think Orian noticed theirs yet :razz:

The magic stored in wand makes sense actually! i like it (:

The magic stored in wand makes sense actually! i like it (:

Perhaps we could make them rechargeable by other means, bloodstones or something?

EDIT

And perhaps we can find some magic gems in dungeons that can repairs staves? 

and WOOHOO!!! i have it too!!! :grin:

This^ I saw only after I posted already :p but yeah, something like that.

Edited by DeathDisciple
  • Like 2

When I try crafting a science machine the game instantly crashes. I've tried turning of every other mod and still get the crash. I aslo tried crafting various other items and it seems like most items work but firepit also made the game crash. I don't know about any other items because I could not craft them but there might be more items that makes the game crash

dPD1BpM.png

When I try crafting a science machine the game instantly crashes. I've tried turning of every other mod and still get the crash. I aslo tried crafting various other items and it seems like most items work but firepit also made the game crash. I don't know about any other items because I could not craft them but there might be more items that makes the game crash

dPD1BpM.png

That's quite odd. Considering that the line crashing does not have arithmetic operation at all (one below does), are you using the most up to date version of mod?