I think the main problem here is that you did not get trough any dungeons...so, you're only using overworld/generic table loots...

Also, lvl 20 paladin should be able to craft better shields.

Edited by orian34

Yeah Orian, you're probably right. I usually try to get things right / make things easy before I venture on --> I waited a long time so I was completely comfortable with waves and their numbers before I ventured into dungeons. I also assume the ability to craft better shields is available in the dungeons / orc mines.

@Kraken121: I'm not any mods besides HitD. Couldn't distinguish between base game bugs and HitD bugs, so I just wrote down everything that wasn't working perfectly ^^

Anyway, the wonder potion --> frog --> light thing was weird. I'll try to describe it better.

1: Dusk. Camping out at my pig village waiting for day. Use wonder potion.

2: Get the frog thing, run around for a bit.

3: After it went back to normal, I was beaming light (comparable to having light ring on or maybe closer to the Banish Darkness spell). This seemed permanent, I ran around with it for a day or two before I tried relogging (which fixed it).

4: I remember my inventory being messed up, and having my krampus sack in my inventory (not in the backpack slot). Can't remember if being turned into a frog dropped all my items on the ground, or if they just vanished untill I turned back normal. If everything did drop on the ground, it might be comparable to setting a backpack on fire and freezing it with an ice staff, what you would do in adventure mode to take more items with you to the next world. Putting it back in my backpack slot worked fine.

Yeah Orian, you're probably right. I usually try to get things right / make things easy before I venture on --> I waited a long time so I was completely comfortable with waves and their numbers before I ventured into dungeons. I also assume the ability to craft better shields is available in the dungeons / orc mines.

@Kraken121: I'm not any mods besides HitD. Couldn't distinguish between base game bugs and HitD bugs, so I just wrote down everything that wasn't working perfectly ^^

Anyway, the wonder potion --> frog --> light thing was weird. I'll try to describe it better.

1: Dusk. Camping out at my pig village waiting for day. Use wonder potion.

2: Get the frog thing, run around for a bit.

3: After it went back to normal, I was beaming light (comparable to having light ring on or maybe closer to the Banish Darkness spell). This seemed permanent, I ran around with it for a day or two before I tried relogging (which fixed it).

4: I remember my inventory being messed up, and having my krampus sack in my inventory (not in the backpack slot). Can't remember if being turned into a frog dropped all my items on the ground, or if they just vanished untill I turned back normal. If everything did drop on the ground, it might be comparable to setting a backpack on fire and freezing it with an ice staff, what you would do in adventure mode to take more items with you to the next world. Putting it back in my backpack slot worked fine.

Thanks for clearing that up.

1. We think we might see something that might cause that wonder potion issue, we will look into it. 

2 When you get turned into a frog, you will indeed drop your inv on the ground :p

3. could you please explain more about that farming issue you had, that sounds like it might be a base game bug, since we have not touched farming code at all. 

Hmmz can't edit my own reply. Wanted to add:

Fighting orcs normally is really inconsistent. Sometimes you're able to stunlock one completely, but usually they simply attack back. Their attack animation is also inconsistent / or rather, it's not absolutely clear when they are going to attack. (comparing to hounds for example, where it's really obvious).

^ I should read the last reply before I post :grin:

The farming issue:

Had a bunch of improved farms (~20), was planting dragonfruits over and over.

(from wiki) After growing 30 crops (accelerated or not), the Improved Farm will be depleted and must be fertilized to continue being used.

This is somewhat visible by the white/grey color on the farm. Screenshot (linking to steam, since I get the error message: "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community." )

http://steamcommunity.com/id/arathanka/screenshot/535145240929473790

The one on the left needs to be fertilized. When using poop / rot:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/arathanka/screenshot/535145240929474000

Fertilizing works fine, just gives that message. Havent tested if this happens in the base game.

^ I should read the last reply before I post :grin:

The farming issue:

Had a bunch of improved farms (~20), was planting dragonfruits over and over.

This is somewhat visible by the white/grey color on the farm. Screenshot (linking to steam, since I get the error message: "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community." )

http://steamcommunity.com/id/arathanka/screenshot/535145240929473790

The one on the left needs to be fertilized. When using poop / rot:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/arathanka/screenshot/535145240929474000

Fertilizing works fine, just gives that message. Havent tested if this happens in the base game.

base game, i remember reading something like that when RoG was early access

I've been playing this mod for about 5 hours now, and it is fantastic.

I don't know if this is a bug, but I can't find any information on it. I have been finding blueprints around the world for things like "blue gem", "steel staff", etc, but when I read them, nothing shows up in any of my craftable items. Anyone else having this issue?

I've been playing this mod for about 5 hours now, and it is fantastic.

I don't know if this is a bug, but I can't find any information on it. I have been finding blueprints around the world for things like "blue gem", "steel staff", etc, but when I read them, nothing shows up in any of my craftable items. Anyone else having this issue?

Yup, it's a blueprint-based bug(i already saw other people having this), it would require to overwrite how the blueprints choose their last form, i guess...also, you should explore the lava caves if you don't want to use the quite incomplete wiki :p .

I dont know if this is a bug but it's a gameplay issue that destroyed my day 80 game :(

I was exploring the lava caves and found a skullchest - I had a skeleton key so I went to unlock it (even though the prompt said "store key"?), and as soon as I got near the chest, four lighting staffs triggered around it and I INSTA-DIED. I was at full health (224) with a football helmet and great fire armor, and just immediately died. I respawned, and prepared to go back down, and as soon as I re-entered the lava mine, I spawned back trapped inside the lighting staff field instead of at the entrance, and IMMEDIATELY died again. I was wearing the life-giving amulet, but that did nothing, as I came back to life and then died for the third and final time.

This was such an unbelievable bummer :( What is the deal with the skullchests and what could I have possibly done in that case? 

I dont know if this is a bug but it's a gameplay issue that destroyed my day 80 game :(

I was exploring the lava caves and found a skullchest - I had a skeleton key so I went to unlock it (even though the prompt said "store key"?), and as soon as I got near the chest, four lighting staffs triggered around it and I INSTA-DIED. I was at full health (224) with a football helmet and great fire armor, and just immediately died. I respawned, and prepared to go back down, and as soon as I re-entered the lava mine, I spawned back trapped inside the lighting staff field instead of at the entrance, and IMMEDIATELY died again. I was wearing the life-giving amulet, but that did nothing, as I came back to life and then died for the third and final time.

This was such an unbelievable bummer :( What is the deal with the skullchests and what could I have possibly done in that case? 

We are aware of this bug that teleports you back to the place of death, unfortunately the cause of it has proven to be hard to track down in the code.

We are aware of this bug that teleports you back to the place of death, unfortunately the cause of it has proven to be hard to track down in the code.

Not just the cause, the actual reproducing of it. I was trying to figure out a crash in the mines, died a few times and never got ported to the place of death, a few days ago...

Thanks Kraken - I know you didn't explain HOW I died but I think it's because I didn't have electric armor? 

There are "sanity pot", "hunger pot", "health pot" recipes that you can buy from the dwarven traders for 5 gold each, but learning the blueprint has nothing show up in the recipe book. There is also nothing in the wiki about these items. 

It worked fine for "empty bottle" recipe. 

Do the dwarven traders sell a generic key recipe, or do you need to find that in the world somewhere? 

Thanks Kraken - I know you didn't explain HOW I died but I think it's because I didn't have electric armor? 

There are "sanity pot", "hunger pot", "health pot" recipes that you can buy from the dwarven traders for 5 gold each, but learning the blueprint has nothing show up in the recipe book. There is also nothing in the wiki about these items. 

Do the dwarven traders sell a generic key recipe, or do you need to find that in the world somewhere? 

The electric totems do electric damage, they will go right through your armors, in fact metal armors have a negative 20% resist to electric damage iirc, 

There are some items in the mod that grant electric resist. 

As for the potions, they are not on the same tab as the empty bottle, iirc they are on a different tab inside the recipe book.

As for the wooden key, only the thief can make it in his basic crafting, other players can make the wooden key using the alchemy table, although the recipe is not being sold yet by the dwarves. As for  the rest of the keys at this point, they only drop from monsters.

That's about that, yes. You can read that in here.

After i activate HITD my game said that

Please help me

I don't see how you can possibly be using a version of the game from a year ago and be using a legit version on steam. 

That version of Don't starve is a year old.

i play as barbarian. inside lava caves. my items armor : any fire armor; Weapon: any fire axe. i repeatedly this bug. it exist. when hound attack me( i think fire armor prock ignite)  i attack hound and kill him. in this second crash 

Edited by Kaifatteslo

and i try do this bug when i off all mods.and change weapon on steel sword.its crash game again.Armor crash game. i dont know how but crash when chance ignite prock or enemy on fire.

Edited by Kaifatteslo

Hm, propagator triggers every 0.5 seconds, hound is dead before the task fires, so when it does it tries to change an invalid object. Sounds like a base game issue, yet I have to wonder why isn't it happening more in base game if so. I guess I could force some extra checks on top of dofiredamage.

Hm, propagator triggers every 0.5 seconds, hound is dead before the task fires, so when it does it tries to change an invalid object. Sounds like a base game issue, yet I have to wonder why isn't it happening more in base game if so. I guess I could force some extra checks on top of dofiredamage.

Don't happening more in base game? I think you forgot the lureplants ;P

same for the ashes.

Edited by orian34

First of all This is an amazing mod! I just have to stress this. thank you for putting effort in this! About the bugs, I've encountered a couple, mostly tied with the mine. Somethimes the game crashes when leaving the mine. It once completely corrupted a file. A moment ago I got a crash file when walking around in the mine.

Here's a link to the image, hope this helps!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=499865187

First of all This is an amazing mod! I just have to stress this. thank you for putting effort in this! About the bugs, I've encountered a couple, mostly tied with the mine. Somethimes the game crashes when leaving the mine. It once completely corrupted a file. A moment ago I got a crash file when walking around in the mine.

Here's a link to the image, hope this helps!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=499865187

Glad you're enjoying the mod :)

We will look into it.