In case you haven't done yet,to save you the trouble (although it's really minor and easy to fix bug) , I have fixed bug where holy sword doesn't show up when equipped,this is what is left out of code (holysword.lua):

local function onequip(inst, owner)   //body of functionend // end of onequip    inst.components.equippable:SetOnEquip (onequip) --> This is missing from code    inst.components.equippable:SetOnUnequip(onunequip)        return instend // end of fn 
Edited by Senteliks

In case you haven't done yet,to save you the trouble (although it's really minor and easy to fix bug) , I have fixed bug where holy sword doesn't show up when equipped,this is what is left out of code (holysword.lua):

local function onequip(inst, owner)   //body of functionend // end of onequip    inst.components.equippable:SetOnEquip (onequip) --> This is missing from code    inst.components.equippable:SetOnUnequip(onunequip)        return instend // end of fn 

thanks you for helping, even if it seems that was already fixed when you posted it(even if not on live at that time). :)

It may be in dev version (one that is in git repositery,that is  if you have set up git) but hotfixes tend to roll out slowly,since if I have understood properly kraken has to upload whole mod each time he make slight change on this forums.In any case this can be useful for other people to fix bug on fly since it's now just matter of copy/paste until hotfix version is not released.

I will also fix (if able ) bugs as I encounter them and post solution here in same manner as above,again to help you people and those who are not patient enough to wait for hotfix (until offical hotfix is released and if kraken doesn't mind it)

Edited by Senteliks

It may be in dev version (one that is in git repositery,that is  if you have set up git) but hotfixes tend to roll out slowly,since if I have understood properly kraken has to upload whole mod each time he make slight change on this forums.In any case this can be useful for other people to fix bug on fly since it's now just matter of copy/paste until hotfix version is not released.

I will also fix (if able ) bugs as I encounter them and post solution here in same manner as above,again to help you people and those who are not patient enough to wait for hotfix (until offical hotfix is released and if kraken doesn't mind it)

Yeah, it is exactly that, we have the main git repo's release branch that is close to the 'live' release version (close as in, certain parts are removed when making 'binaries' for size reasons if nothing else - pngs, uncompiled assets and the likes, also as of now i haven't bothered turning off the unfinished toons on the source versions).

I will typically have either patches on it or release set up before steam/klei sites are updated with them. The newest release 'binary' downloads (as we know they aren't exactly binaries but prepared releases for upload, as above)  will be either the same file as uploaded here, or 1 version ahead (if kraken hasnt gotten around to do so already). The release branch should be functional at all times, unless i mess up something badly.

Master is not guaranteed to start let alone anything else.

The reason I mention all this is, you can typically see if we had patched the problem or not by looking at git, so we don't spend time on the same issue. But by all means, do submit a patch proposal for anything you catch, wether here or by sending me pull request on git itself, or both, whichever you prefer. The help is highly appreciated :)

@Death

That is helpful :-) I will probably do both (once I get home I will send you pull request).There is typo in  commit de4c438 (fa_potions.lua )

local function winecommon(inst,eatfn)inst:AddComponent("finiteuses")isnt:RemoveComponent("stackable") // typo - shouldn't it be inst:RemoveComponent ("stackable")inst.components.finiteuses:SetOnFinished( onfinished)inst.components.finiteuses:SetMaxUses(3)inst.components.finiteuses:SetUses(3)
Edited by Senteliks
  • Like 2

Multiple UI mods do tend to interfere/mess up positioning. While simple to fix, It's something that will need to be patched on a case to case basis, which is something we haven't gotten around to do yet.

I assume the above is the result of alwaysonstatus mod?

c9PFqVG.png

I dont know if this helps much, first crash report i had. I am running multiple mods, however none of them affect combat. I was using a lightning sword (lesser) and i was hitting a tier 2 spider nest. I was in mid attack when game crashed, im assuming the "Stunfx" thing. I dont know code, but i believe there is an issue with the lighting stun animation.

For anyone who is interested  in fixing bug themselves rather than wait for hotfix,It's easy to fix as, Death mentioned she renamed constant but forgot to also apply change to all initialized constants in code.Head into HitD/scripts/prefabs/fa_lightningsword.lua:

inst.components.spell.spellname = "fa_lightningstun"        inst.components.spell.duration = HOLDPERSON_DURATION //should be LIGHTNINGSWORD_STUN_DURATION

Edit:At the time of writing I didn't look in git repo's but Death has fixed bug and add following (look beneath)

There is one more thing to take care off,until next update if you can't wait to play.You probably haven't encounter this problem but you probably will if you don't add following condition to statement

if not(target:HasTag("fa_undead") or target:HasTag("fa_contruct")) then//original//like this//if not (target:HasTag ("fa_undead") or target:HasTag("fa_contruct") or target:HasTag("player")) then

What this condition does is to make sure stun effect doesn't affect you in any way  it won't affect you but it will confuse you because stars would show above your head,it's more of visual annoyance (is it  actually possible to stun yourself ?Or it would cause crash).

Edit:Hotfix is released no longer is this required

Edited by Senteliks

There is one more thing to take care off,until next update if you can't wait to play.You probably haven't encounter this problem but you probably will if you don't add following condition to statement

if not(target:HasTag("fa_undead") or target:HasTag("fa_contruct")) then//original//like this//if not (target:HasTag ("fa_undead") or target:HasTag("fa_contruct") or target:HasTag("player")) then

What this condition does is to make sure stun effect doesn't affect you in any way (is it  actually possible to stun yourself ?Or it would cause crash).

It wouldn't crash, but it would be confusing to players. Basically stunfx doesn't influence player character at the moment (its tied to the brains of mobs making them stop in place for the duration) so effectively player would have the stun 'spinning stars' but they wouldn't be influenced by them in any way.

The mechanism to enforce stuns on players would have to go through stategraph, like I did with casting failures, but for now I decided to just remove the confusion. It wasn't planned/thought out and if I hate dying to something it has to be crowd control :p

Annnd then I find another naming fail...anyhow, I'll set a release, including the fix for a serious crafting/inventory failure on non rog games, as soon as my git upload finishes.

Edit: up if you dont want to wait for kraken

Edited by DeathDisciple

Hey i know this is not the place to ask this but i couldn't ask in the FAQ thread.

So as i level up there is a button to the bottom-left of the XP bar that says "Turn", i click it and then there is a cooldown that pops up, what does this button actually do?

Edited by OctavioPerez

Hey i know this is not the place to ask this but i couldn't ask in the FAQ thread.

So as i level up there is a button to the bottom-left of the XP bar that says "Turn", i click it and then there is a cooldown that pops up, what does this button actually do?

I'ts the Clerics Turn Undead ability, check out the wiki for more information about the ability. ;)

I'm not certain this was posted already so I apologize if it was noted already.  The skull chest trap appears to be bugged.  I triggered the trap and died (working as intended).  Once I recovered and went back into the mine rather than entering at the stairs it put me right at the location of my body.  The trap then killed me before I could move.

On a side note this mod is awesome.  I was thinking to myself the level up should be the EQ1 sound and lo it is lol.  Love the skeleton noises as well.  Very well done!

I'm not certain this was posted already so I apologize if it was noted already.  The skull chest trap appears to be bugged.  I triggered the trap and died (working as intended).  Once I recovered and went back into the mine rather than entering at the stairs it put me right at the location of my body.  The trap then killed me before I could move.

On a side note this mod is awesome.  I was thinking to myself the level up should be the EQ1 sound and lo it is lol.  Love the skeleton noises as well.  Very well done!

thanks for the bug report, we will look into it ;)

I just wanted to say you're the first person to get the EQ1 references :p good job haha

Well I downloaded Hero in the Dark today and ran my game.  It froze for about fourty seconds at the launch, then said "Crashed on last start, Automatically Disabled"

I then tried again, and it happened again, so I decided to see if it was a version problem, and downloaded a past version of the mod.  Same thing.  I'm unsure of what to do (I'm really new with all the mods and such) so if anyone can tell me what's happening, I'd appreciate it.  The only mods I have are Screecher and Hero in the Dark.  

I tried it with both ROG and non-ROG, and got the same response.  I  also tried changing the API version since I'm not sure if my game is 4, 5, or 6.

Well I downloaded Hero in the Dark today and ran my game.  It froze for about fourty seconds at the launch, then said "Crashed on last start, Automatically Disabled"

I then tried again, and it happened again, so I decided to see if it was a version problem, and downloaded a past version of the mod.  Same thing.  I'm unsure of what to do (I'm really new with all the mods and such) so if anyone can tell me what's happening, I'd appreciate it.  The only mods I have are Screecher and Hero in the Dark.  

I tried it with both ROG and non-ROG, and got the same response.  I  also tried changing the API version since I'm not sure if my game is 4, 5, or 6.

Are you using Steam or standalone version? If you're using standalone you'll need to update it for mod to work - just changing api version is bound to lead to more issues down the line.

In any case, could you give us log file after the crash message? It's in Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve, assuming you're using windows.

Hi. Will list some thoughts, bugs I ran into, and some suggestions. Warning, long post, in the hope that it may help development :)

Thoughts:
- Ok, by far the most important: Please please PLEASE make it possible to play with friends. I mean, playing alone is awesome, but together it would be possible to cover each others weaknesses etc. Will probably be for after caves are implemented into DST since you'll have the same problem in this mod.
- Only played as paladin so far, he seemed like the most straight forward character. That said, he's OP as ***, and surviving is a breeze.
- The rate at which you gain xp seems balanced (disregarding the lureplant, more about that later)
- Absolutely love the sound the orcs make - it sounds like imminent doom. Makes you scared the first time you encounter them.
- The equip slots work fine, but I have never used any besides the weapon/armor/head/backpack/ring slots. Made me wonder if there are any uses for the others at the moment.

Bugs:
- game crash when attacking a lureplant eye thats attacking something else. Also happens when a creature attacks a lureplant eye thats attacking something else.
- lvl 20 paladin permanently luminous as if having a light ring on. Started happening after drinking a wonder potion and being turned into a frog. (day ~325). It also put my krampus sack into one of my inventory slots. It was gone when I relogged / restarted my game.
- when fertilizing a worn out improved farm, a message pops up saying "I can't do that". Farming itself works fine.
- when using the paladins lvl20 spell invulnerability, your armor still takes damage. I'm not going to take them off since I don't know when the spell will end exactly (somehow showing the time left would be nice). Assuming this is a bug and not designed this way. I mean, I'm invulnerable, theres a huge white bubble around me. Why is my football helmet suddenly broken? :D An indicator like the one for Banish Darkness and Devine Defender would be awesome.
- http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/Scalemail states the scalemail makes you invulnerable to firedamage, but in Hero in the Dark, it does not.
- Goblinskin / Orcskin has the same art, makes it confusing as it doesn't stack.
- The lvl3 Paladin spell "Heal" says ingame "MISSING NAME".
- Small scrollcase cant fit in krampus sack. Not sure if this is on purpose.

Gameplay suggestions:
-- Lureplant eyes xp. Every minute of spare time I had ingame I spent killing lureplant eyes. At 10xp per eye, levelling up was REALLY easy as paladin. You one-hit an eye with a weapon without durability. Which means, if you pay attention you wont lose health while farming. I think the lureplant eye xp should be lowered to 2-3 if you want to balance (nerf) paladin a bit.
-- When this mod is also available for DST, the rate at which orcs spawn in waves could be increased per additional player.
-- I would love to see another regular threat, besides the orc waves. In normal DS and DST, giants are a threat. Here, with 345 health, not really. Perhaps the undead could play a role here.
-- The art for goblins and orcs doesn't really match the rest of Dont Starve. Haven't been underground too much, but these two are really noticeable since you will meet them a lot. I assume this is already on the to-do list.
-- Figuring out what recipes there are for the new crafting tables (alchemy table etc) is near impossible. Same with a lot of other things. In other words, keeping the wiki up to date would help new players a lot.
-- All the new weapons are kinda useless for the paladin. Guess thats fine since the holy sword is "his thing". However, its frustrating to get so many unknown scrolls that seem to be completely useless for any character other than wizard. There's a large area in my base devoted to them + all the weapons I'm not using, as a reminder of how many goblins and orcs I've killed. Anyway. Would it make sense to let all characters read them, but giving them a chance to actually get a spell out of it? For example, 5% for barbarian since he can't read, 20% for paladin since he does know, keep 100% for wizard, etc.
-- The +damage to undead for paladin seems kinda.. useless. Since skeletons only spawn on rotten meat as far as I know, and you can avoid ghosts simply by staying away from graveyards at full moon.. Anyway, for the "Defender of the light" it seems like +damage vs shadow creatures seems more appropriate. Although, with the onhit sanity with the holy sword, I've never been below 150 sanity. Again, the holy sword is OP as fk.
-- You can get blueprints from tumbleweeds for a sanity potion, for example. But.. I still don't know how to make them, since they don't show up anywhere!

Note when reading the paragraph below: I learned the game playing DST mostly. No caves there. Did not go into caves untill day ~400, which is why I missed two of the best solutions.
-- Waves. I'm really curious how the developers think high level characters are supposed to deal with 10+ orcs every wave (day 300+)? My experience? A simple list:
- Toothtraps. Doesn't last, orcs need to step in 15 traps to die, and with only 2 hounds per wave, you simply don't get enough teeth to keep it up. You could farm teeth in the desert, with vargs, or from mctusk camps, but its still hard.
- Beefalo. A perfect solution during spring when they are in heat. Put on a beefalo hat, and assuming you have enough beefalo in your world, only one or two will die per wave (currently at day 330). However, beefalo don't attack orcs when not in heat, so this only works in spring or when in heat randomly.
- Bees. Too much work to keep catching them for bee mines, and killer bee hives are tricky to fight around. They can help during spring when aggressive, but its again tricky.
- Pigs. You will need a LOT of pig houses to keep up. Eventually, the pigs will all die, you can run away, come back when the pigs respawn for round two. The last year or so I've been farming spiders for monster meat, giving it to pigs to get a guarenteed pigskin. Pig village has grown to ~30 houses. Nowhere near enough to take down 10 orcs.
- Bunnymen. Viable. They gang up one one or two orcs at a time, and save themselves when they get low. Perfect, but you will need quite a lot of rabbit hutches.
- Treeguards. Not aggressive towards them sadly. That would've been a nice option.
- Giants. Possible, I guess. When the wave arrives, lure all the orcs to a remote area, leave them there (could even do multiple waves). Wait for the giant of that season, and let them fight it out. I'm guessing the orcs will win too. Tested with MooseGoose: the Moose will aggro on the orcs, but hitting the orcs is hard for her. If an orc gets hit, the other ones wont aggro. The orc that gets hit hits back only once, then aggros the player again. Tested with Deerclops: certainly possible. the deerclops will most likely win too. Just need to be careful when you "parked" half a wave of orcs in your pig village.
- Yourself. Simply not possible. As a lvl20 paladin with several football helmets/log suits and even a wood shield (havent found any higher yet), you cant take more than two at the same time. You'll simply be stunlocked. Even with tons of jerky, 10 healthpotions ready to go.. simply not possible.
- Firefarm? Not viable. See scalemail bug. It's not possible to run through a firefarm to damage the orcs since it will damage you the same way, even with scalemail equipped.
- Tentacles. Haven't tried this myself, but I guess it's possible. Since they dont respawn, they would only take a few waves anyway.
- Spiders. They seem to dislike the ground next to spiderdens, which makes it unreliable / they won't get aggro. Spiderqueens, maybe, but again, too unreliable. Edit: It is possible to do with a spiderhat. However, the spiders will not attack the orcs naturally even if the orcs are aggrod. This means you have to attack an orc first, which will guarentee health loss (60 often because you need clothing on during winter and you are already wearing the spider hat). Very dangerous to do.
- Tallbirds. I have one of these setpieces in my world, but it's really hard to get them to aggro eachother - they will very likely all aggro you instead. About 3 tallbirds can take on an orc.
- Lureplants. I've used them to level up my paladin, and they can work to kill the waves. Since the plants themselves are not aggressive, they won't be attacked. It might take two (!) days of walking around lureplants, but the orcs will die eventually. Not an option in winter since there won't be any eyes. Possible but risky in summer since you can't possibly have flingos covering everything. That means you have to spread them out, which makes kiting around them even take even longer. Tip: remove everything (trees, rabbitholes, mushrooms, anything that grows or lives) so nothing will burn, and nothing will cause the lureplants to attack it (since it might crash the game). Once you find a good setup (distance between lureplants), dig the ground where you planted them so you know how to do it the next season (in case you need to move them to your summer baes)
- Houndius Shootius. Perfect solution. Surround them with stone walls and orcs will never reach them. However, they take 20+ shots to kill an orc, which makes it a very similar solution to lureplants. Haven't tried hopping worlds to get more of these (not sure if even possible?)

Conclusion: the strategy for defeating waves for the longest time was:
- Autumn: lureplants. Slow to take the orcs down, but very reliable.
- Winter: hardest season by far. Had to resort to pigs, and spending all my spare time to expanding my pig village.
- Spring: by far the easiest season. Run to beefalo, they take care of anything.
- Summer: lureplants. Harder than autumn since the area needs to be clear of trees / anything that can burn. Can't plant lureplants close to eachother.

So my question is: how do expert players / (developers?) here deal with the waves? invest in a early cave run and setup a bunnyman village? Houndius shootius? Or did you find other options that I didn't think of?

Conclusion:
Awesome mod! please keep developing. Would absolutely love to play this with friends. There's a lot more to do than normal DS(T), which I also like.

Hi. Will list some thoughts, bugs I ran into, and some suggestions. Warning, long post, in the hope that it may help development :-)

Thoughts:

- Ok, by far the most important: Please please PLEASE make it possible to play with friends. I mean, playing alone is awesome, but together it would be possible to cover each others weaknesses etc. Will probably be for after caves are implemented into DST since you'll have the same problem in this mod.

- Only played as paladin so far, he seemed like the most straight forward character. That said, he's OP as ***, and surviving is a breeze.

- The rate at which you gain xp seems balanced (disregarding the lureplant, more about that later)

- Absolutely love the sound the orcs make - it sounds like imminent doom. Makes you scared the first time you encounter them.

- The equip slots work fine, but I have never used any besides the weapon/armor/head/backpack/ring slots. Made me wonder if there are any uses for the others at the moment.

Bugs:

- game crash when attacking a lureplant eye thats attacking something else. Also happens when a creature attacks a lureplant eye thats attacking something else.

- lvl 20 paladin permanently luminous as if having a light ring on. Started happening after drinking a wonder potion and being turned into a frog. (day ~325). It also put my krampus sack into one of my inventory slots. It was gone when I relogged / restarted my game.

- when fertilizing a worn out improved farm, a message pops up saying "I can't do that". Farming itself works fine.

- when using the paladins lvl20 spell invulnerability, your armor still takes damage. I'm not going to take them off since I don't know when the spell will end exactly (somehow showing the time left would be nice). Assuming this is a bug and not designed this way. I mean, I'm invulnerable, theres a huge white bubble around me. Why is my football helmet suddenly broken? :grin: An indicator like the one for Banish Darkness and Devine Defender would be awesome.

- http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/Scalemail states the scalemail makes you invulnerable to firedamage, but in Hero in the Dark, it does not.

- Goblinskin / Orcskin has the same art, makes it confusing as it doesn't stack.

- The lvl3 Paladin spell "Heal" says ingame "MISSING NAME".

- Small scrollcase cant fit in krampus sack. Not sure if this is on purpose.

Gameplay suggestions:

-- Lureplant eyes xp. Every minute of spare time I had ingame I spent killing lureplant eyes. At 10xp per eye, levelling up was REALLY easy as paladin. You one-hit an eye with a weapon without durability. Which means, if you pay attention you wont lose health while farming. I think the lureplant eye xp should be lowered to 2-3 if you want to balance (nerf) paladin a bit.

-- When this mod is also available for DST, the rate at which orcs spawn in waves could be increased per additional player.

-- I would love to see another regular threat, besides the orc waves. In normal DS and DST, giants are a threat. Here, with 345 health, not really. Perhaps the undead could play a role here.

-- The art for goblins and orcs doesn't really match the rest of Dont Starve. Haven't been underground too much, but these two are really noticeable since you will meet them a lot. I assume this is already on the to-do list.

-- Figuring out what recipes there are for the new crafting tables (alchemy table etc) is near impossible. Same with a lot of other things. In other words, keeping the wiki up to date would help new players a lot.

-- All the new weapons are kinda useless for the paladin. Guess thats fine since the holy sword is "his thing". However, its frustrating to get so many unknown scrolls that seem to be completely useless for any character other than wizard. There's a large area in my base devoted to them + all the weapons I'm not using, as a reminder of how many goblins and orcs I've killed. Anyway. Would it make sense to let all characters read them, but giving them a chance to actually get a spell out of it? For example, 5% for barbarian since he can't read, 20% for paladin since he does know, keep 100% for wizard, etc.

-- The +damage to undead for paladin seems kinda.. useless. Since skeletons only spawn on rotten meat as far as I know, and you can avoid ghosts simply by staying away from graveyards at full moon.. Anyway, for the "Defender of the light" it seems like +damage vs shadow creatures seems more appropriate. Although, with the onhit sanity with the holy sword, I've never been below 150 sanity. Again, the holy sword is OP as fk.

-- You can get blueprints from tumbleweeds for a sanity potion, for example. But.. I still don't know how to make them, since they don't show up anywhere!

Note when reading the paragraph below: I learned the game playing DST mostly. No caves there. Did not go into caves untill day ~400, which is why I missed two of the best solutions.

-- Waves. I'm really curious how the developers think high level characters are supposed to deal with 10+ orcs every wave (day 300+)? My experience? A simple list:

- Toothtraps. Doesn't last, orcs need to step in 15 traps to die, and with only 2 hounds per wave, you simply don't get enough teeth to keep it up. You could farm teeth in the desert, with vargs, or from mctusk camps, but its still hard.

- Beefalo. A perfect solution during spring when they are in heat. Put on a beefalo hat, and assuming you have enough beefalo in your world, only one or two will die per wave (currently at day 330). However, beefalo don't attack orcs when not in heat, so this only works in spring or when in heat randomly.

- Bees. Too much work to keep catching them for bee mines, and killer bee hives are tricky to fight around. They can help during spring when aggressive, but its again tricky.

- Pigs. You will need a LOT of pig houses to keep up. Eventually, the pigs will all die, you can run away, come back when the pigs respawn for round two. The last year or so I've been farming spiders for monster meat, giving it to pigs to get a guarenteed pigskin. Pig village has grown to ~30 houses. Nowhere near enough to take down 10 orcs.

- Bunnymen. Viable. They gang up one one or two orcs at a time, and save themselves when they get low. Perfect, but you will need quite a lot of rabbit hutches.

- Treeguards. Not aggressive towards them sadly. That would've been a nice option.

- Giants. Possible, I guess. When the wave arrives, lure all the orcs to a remote area, leave them there (could even do multiple waves). Wait for the giant of that season, and let them fight it out. I'm guessing the orcs will win too. Tested with MooseGoose: the Moose will aggro on the orcs, but hitting the orcs is hard for her. If an orc gets hit, the other ones wont aggro. The orc that gets hit hits back only once, then aggros the player again. Tested with Deerclops: certainly possible. the deerclops will most likely win too. Just need to be careful when you "parked" half a wave of orcs in your pig village.

- Yourself. Simply not possible. As a lvl20 paladin with several football helmets/log suits and even a wood shield (havent found any higher yet), you cant take more than two at the same time. You'll simply be stunlocked. Even with tons of jerky, 10 healthpotions ready to go.. simply not possible.

- Firefarm? Not viable. See scalemail bug. It's not possible to run through a firefarm to damage the orcs since it will damage you the same way, even with scalemail equipped.

- Tentacles. Haven't tried this myself, but I guess it's possible. Since they dont respawn, they would only take a few waves anyway.

- Spiders. They seem to dislike the ground next to spiderdens, which makes it unreliable / they won't get aggro. Spiderqueens, maybe, but again, too unreliable. Edit: It is possible to do with a spiderhat. However, the spiders will not attack the orcs naturally even if the orcs are aggrod. This means you have to attack an orc first, which will guarentee health loss (60 often because you need clothing on during winter and you are already wearing the spider hat). Very dangerous to do.

- Tallbirds. I have one of these setpieces in my world, but it's really hard to get them to aggro eachother - they will very likely all aggro you instead. About 3 tallbirds can take on an orc.

- Lureplants. I've used them to level up my paladin, and they can work to kill the waves. Since the plants themselves are not aggressive, they won't be attacked. It might take two (!) days of walking around lureplants, but the orcs will die eventually. Not an option in winter since there won't be any eyes. Possible but risky in summer since you can't possibly have flingos covering everything. That means you have to spread them out, which makes kiting around them even take even longer. Tip: remove everything (trees, rabbitholes, mushrooms, anything that grows or lives) so nothing will burn, and nothing will cause the lureplants to attack it (since it might crash the game). Once you find a good setup (distance between lureplants), dig the ground where you planted them so you know how to do it the next season (in case you need to move them to your summer baes)

- Houndius Shootius. Perfect solution. Surround them with stone walls and orcs will never reach them. However, they take 20+ shots to kill an orc, which makes it a very similar solution to lureplants. Haven't tried hopping worlds to get more of these (not sure if even possible?)

Conclusion: the strategy for defeating waves for the longest time was:

- Autumn: lureplants. Slow to take the orcs down, but very reliable.

- Winter: hardest season by far. Had to resort to pigs, and spending all my spare time to expanding my pig village.

- Spring: by far the easiest season. Run to beefalo, they take care of anything.

- Summer: lureplants. Harder than autumn since the area needs to be clear of trees / anything that can burn. Can't plant lureplants close to eachother.

So my question is: how do expert players / (developers?) here deal with the waves? invest in a early cave run and setup a bunnyman village? Houndius shootius? Or did you find other options that I didn't think of?

Conclusion:

Awesome mod! please keep developing. Would absolutely love to play this with friends. There's a lot more to do than normal DS(T), which I also like.

Thanks for giving us feedback on the end game content ;)

I'll address some of these comments,

1. the lureplant crashes are base game mess, nothing to do with our mod.

2. Pretty sure wonder pots should not be doing any light on their own.

3. The lureplant xp is a design oversight on my part, thanks for point that out, I will remove xp from them in next update :p

4. We have not touched farms or fertilizers, that might be an issue with another mod you are using.

5. Thanks for pointing out the "missing name" :D

6. I have no idea what does krampus sack spawning have to do with wonder pots either. Would need some more info on that.

7. We will be putting missing indicator buffs on some spells where it's missing.

8. for the pally's lv 20 ability, I don't think I can prevent armor damage even if we wanted to, and the ability is already very strong, should have some drawback to it.

9. Scalemail nerf is intended, 100% fire immune is too OP

10. skin art is currently placeholders, just at the bottom of the list.

11. scrrollcases are containers, containers can't go into containers, or shouldn't anyway.

12. In the next update we have added an NPC that will take spell scrolls and give rewards.

13. As for the late game waves, we have some more items coming in the next update and also changed the shield mechanics, shields will not have a % to block stuns and be directional, also multi tiered shields as well ( I think the multiple tiered shields are already in the live version of the mod)

14. More recipes will be available from vendors in the next update for those people that want to buy them.

15. Crossing over to other worlds should not be a problem. 

16. More undead and an undead area are coming "soon" 

17. I designed the Pally to be the beginner character for our mod, he is not quite polished either, his holy sword actually has 3 tiers to it, a quest line, so he will be getting nerfed at some point. 

18. I'm curious what armor and weapons you're using in late game, the other weapons like fire swords ,steel swords etc are much better than the pallys holy sword. As for armor, at lv 20 you should not be using football helms or wooden suits, you should be using higher tiered stuff, football helms are greatly reduced in our mod, same with wooden suits. 

19. As for DST, when/if Klei decides to make DST available for everyone (non DRM), then we might consider moving the mod to DST. 

Thanks for giving us your feedback and pointing out some bugs, it's appreciated! :D

• Like 1