erhm, i never was good to  find the 7 differences but...is this similar?

fn=function(eater)
local talk=GetString(eater.prefab, "FA_WONDER_ITEMDAMAGE")
if(talk and eater.components.talker) then eater.components.talker:Say(talk) end
--yawn... can i merge them without breaking anything?
local merged=MergeMaps(eater.components.inventory.itemslots,eater.components.inventory.equipslots)
    for k,v in pairs(merged) do
       if v.components.fueled then
           v.components.fueled:SetPercent(v.components.fueled:GetPercent()/2)
        elseif v.components.armor then
        v.components.armor:SetPercent(v.components.armor:GetPercent()/2)
        elseif v.components.finiteuses then
        v.components.finiteuses:SetPercent(v.components.finiteuses:GetPercent()/2)
        end
    end
end
},
{
fn=function(eater)
local talk=GetString(eater.prefab, "FA_WONDER_ITEMREPAIR")
if(talk and eater.components.talker) then eater.components.talker:Say(talk) end
local merged=MergeMaps(eater.components.inventory.itemslots,eater.components.inventory.equipslots)
    for k,v in pairs(merged) do
       if v.components.fueled then
           v.components.fueled:SetPercent(v.components.fueled:GetPercent()/2)
        elseif v.components.armor then
        v.components.armor:SetPercent(v.components.armor:GetPercent()/2)
        elseif v.components.finiteuses then
        v.components.finiteuses:SetPercent(v.components.finiteuses:GetPercent()/2)
        end
  • Like 1

hmm can you try this

1. turn off all other mods but rpghud and hitd and see if it crashes.

2. go to HeroInTheDark/modinfo.lua, find priority=-1 line and change it to priority=-1000 or something (in case there is something else running behind me messing stuff up), see if that does anything

I guess it's 45 neat/6.71? Can't read the exact ver from log... I should put the logging of that crap back on.

hmm can you try this

1. turn off all other mods but rpghud and hitd and see if it crashes.

2. go to HeroInTheDark/modinfo.lua, find priority=-1 line and change it to priority=-1000 or something (in case there is something else running behind me messing stuff up), see if that does anything

I guess it's 45 neat/6.71? Can't read the exact ver from log... I should put the logging of that crap back on.

yea 45 neat... and i tried the steps..it still crashes

log.txt

I'm going to throw a very wide guess that the inventory sort thing caused save game corruption by placing items outside of 'inventory bar' range due to modifications of either rpghud or me or both. I'm quite sure that all of us here use some version of rpghud so if it's hud + hitd issue it would've crashed us to high hell.

There are quite a bunch of changes, including the fact that it autoplaces items in containers if inventory is full now, which could've totally break the sorting system. If it expects the check if there is free place to return true only if there is free space on inventory but not in containers in it, it can cause corruption like that easily etc.

So there is a good chance Orian is right and it's one of those 2 mods. I'm not that concerned if they don't work with HitD, tough luck, what I'm concerned about is how to prevent savegame corruption... whatever the cause is. Can you find out which savegame it is and upload the save itself? I'd like to know exact inventory state on the corrupted save.

Edited by DeathDisciple
  • Like 1

can you tell us what this mod is :mods/workshop-181688924 ?

...i don't know... 

So there is a good chance Orian is right and it's one of those 2 mods. I'm not that concerned if they don't work with HitD, tough luck, what I'm concerned about is how to prevent savegame corruption... whatever the cause is. Can you find out which savegame it is and upload the save itself? I'd like to know exact inventory state on the corrupted save.

how do i do that?? find the savegame??

...i don't know... 

how do i do that?? find the savegame??

then you'll know after that : go to your don't starve/mods file, go to your workshop mod with the numbers i said, open the modinfo.lua and tell us what name it is.

about the saves, it's only hat your save is dead, corrupted...try to redo your actions before crash on a new save without the mod.

Uh, trying to redo the actions will just corrupt it again, I need to know exactly what got corrupted so i can try to block the action causing it. Now, I'm not sure where saves are or what may steam be doing with them, but on standalone they're in My Documents/Klei/DoNotStarve/save . If you're outdoors, survival1 - survival5 depending on save slot number, otherwise you'll have to find out which exact cave slot.

while testing some things, i found 2 bugs with the blue totem :

1 : if you kill a goblin wearing a pot, it will drop a pot hat with 135%~

i think it's do because of the additionnal damage with electric : it does more damage but increase durability instead of decreasing it

2 : you can kill shadow creatures that does not are physical(when you're mid sanity)

• Like 1

while testing some things, i found 2 bugs with the blue totem :

1 : if you kill a goblin wearing a pot, it will drop a pot hat with 135%~

i think it's do because of the additionnal damage with electric : it does more damage but increase durability instead of decreasing it

2 : you can kill shadow creatures that does not are physical(when you're mid sanity)

Ha, good catch!

And I think I read you could do 2. with force attack even non modded.

Edit: I actually put a comment about it but used the wrong check... lol

Edited by DeathDisciple

in the mobxp table, you added the deciduous root but it is invincible...and why don't add the poison birchnut?

and what is that story about silver resistance and light resistance(aka werepig and tentacle)

Edited by orian34

I wasn't sure if there is no 'direct way' to kill it when I wrote it, the namings of those things in code is a bit ambiguous. Mix that with the fact that kraken can't use prefab names but puts 'strings' in xp sheets instead, and yeah, it's highly possible I mixed prefabs here and there. Especially in a zone I usually ignore altogether.

As for silver/light, there's no such thing in code - light = holy for now, silver does not exist at all.

EDIT about putting poison birchnuts, they cant be killed regularly from what I'm reading, I don't think cutting down will even trigger 'killed', it would prob need to be dealt with in different manner.

Edited by DeathDisciple

I wasn't sure if there is no 'direct way' to kill it when I wrote it, the namings of those things in code is a bit ambiguous. Mix that with the fact that kraken can't use prefab names but puts 'strings' in xp sheets instead, and yeah, it's highly possible I mixed prefabs here and there. Especially in a zone I usually ignore altogether.

As for silver/light, there's no such thing in code - light = holy for now, silver does not exist at all.

EDIT about putting poison birchnuts, they cant be killed regularly from what I'm reading, I don't think cutting down will even trigger 'killed', it would prob need to be dealt with in different manner.

that is something I overlooked heh

I put the folder "The hero in the dark" in my mod_config_data folder (Because i cant find any other folder) and the mod is not showing in my mods folder in-game i also tried putting it outside of the mod_config_data folder but that didnt work either. Please help :(

I put the folder "The hero in the dark" in my mod_config_data folder (Because i cant find any other folder) and the mod is not showing in my mods folder in-game i also tried putting it outside of the mod_config_data folder but that didnt work either. Please help :(

mod_config_data has just mod configurations, I don't know which OS you're on but I'm quite sure that mods are not supposed to load from there. In general, on all windows systems I saw (as well as gog linux tarball distribution) mod folder is in main game folder, e.g. dont_starve/mods/ wherever you installed the game.

If you're on mac or the above doesn't help you, you might want to check this thread and try to figure out where it is.