Parrotoss    214

Yes, yes, amazing! I thought this was a one-shot as first. I'm happy to hear that ch. 2 is coming.

Parrotoss    214

Yay! Will other survivors be introduced as a response to the loneliness of Wilson, or will he start having tea parties with a meat effigy?

Silentdarkness1    1,160

Yay! Will other survivors be introduced as a response to the loneliness of Wilson, or will he start having tea parties with a meat effigy?

Hehe. Honestly, both are gonna happen. Once he gets around to having a shave and making an effigy.

He's really gotten no work in on that Prestihatitator. At this point, he's survived for a ingame "year" but has by no means explored everything like he should have.

Parrotoss    214

Hehe. Honestly, both are gonna happen. Once he gets around to having a shave and making an effigy.

He's really gotten no work in on that Prestihatitator. At this point, he's survived for a ingame "year" but has by no means explored everything like he should have.

Oh that makes sense. He is not even tier 2 magic, correct? Yes, I was wondering was a treeguard would end up being a new surprise. Also, looking forward to part 3. ^.^

Silentdarkness1    1,160

Yes, pretty much. The only part of the camp you haven't seen is where all the grass and berries and stuff are :3

Also, I intend on trying to make the chapters a bit longer. I think I see the silliness of my ways that was making these chapters so short before.

The first entire half will be Wilson fighting the treeguard :D

Edited by Silentdarkness1

Parrotoss    214

Yes, pretty much. The only part of the camp you haven't seen is where all the grass and berries and stuff are :3

Also, I intend on trying to make the chapters a bit longer. I think I see the silliness of my ways that was making these chapters so short before.

Bah, don't worry about it. Better a short yet detailed and effective chapters than a long, dull extraneous one.

Just write was you feel like and don't force anything. You could mash two short chapters together to make things longer, it can make things easier. Or, have a select scene in mind you want to tell--like a tea party.

CaptainClam    158

How could he tell how long he was gone by looking at a calendar? Unless he has a faithful butler who marks the date whether he is there or not.

Parrotoss    214

I always have trouble deciding how many of what scenes to put in :razz:

Yeah, that's a toughy. Usually think of a major event in an episode, or a tv episode as a whole. Write a conflict or crafting montage, I don't know. Um, just plan things out like a show and cut it up. Like, do you know how it ends? Sometimes that can help. 

• Like 2

SirKnight    5,992

x3 aw man I love this story already

:3 plus, the writing is fantastic.

I look forward to another chapter

• Like 1

Silentdarkness1    1,160

Um, just plan things out like a show and cut it up. Like, do you know how it ends? Sometimes that can help. 

Not quite sure at the moment. I have a vague idea but not much else.

Rabbitfist    454

Goddam Silent, I love your stories, they are simple written and enjoyable.

Great work, cant wait for more and after reading this i want to play dont starve.

Blewcheese    877

The tree only wanted to stop you from murdering its friends. Wilson, you horrible, horrible beast.

But anyway, great writing! I love how you portrayed the crafting mechanics. Wilson not knowing what he's doing fits in to the mystery of Don't Starve well, in my opinion.

MeingroessterFan    4,139

Really enjoyed this. Only thing I didn't like was the overusage of the term "tree-monster" in the same sentence :p But I really enjoy the direction this is taking and can't wait for more!

• Like 1

Silentdarkness1    1,160

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

@Blewcheese I suppose it does. Although part of it is merely that Wilson hasn't thought to try all the knowledge Maxwell gave him :3

@MeingroessterFan Taking it from a narrative point of view, there's no way to think of it as a Treeguard the first time you meet one. Thank you, though.

MeingroessterFan    4,139

@MeingroessterFan Taking it from a narrative point of view, there's no way to think of it as a Treeguard the first time you meet one. Thank you, though.

Nah, that's not what I mean. You just used the exact term "Tree-monster" in the same line, where you could've just replaced the second mention with "it". It's just something that bites my autism, not a big deal.

Silentdarkness1    1,160

Oh.

Well darn, you got me there. I'll remember that for sure. Since there's going to be a lot more things that can't quite be called by a proper name :3