*Heavy breathing*

It's day 33 in my new world and the deerclops is coming and i have no idea what to do. the last time i faced him i had low sanity and he killed me, now i have a bout the same stats and 120 sanity, is it gonna be enough to kite him? if not, once he spawns is he gonna go for me or my base (where most of my structures are)? if hes going for me, can i just set a camp waaaaaay over on the other side of the map, make a torch once he comes and go back to my base? i also have about 20 beefalo during their mating season in a part of the world, will they be enough?

pls guys, im so scared that the shadow monsters appearing to attack him...

STAY AWAY from the beefalo.... they will be wiped out so fast, you'll cry. Kite him into a killer bee area or thru a crap-ton of pengulls on the way to the swamps. Make a few torches so you can continue into the night if you have to. The bees and pengulls won't kill him but weaken him so you don't lose many tentacles once your in the swamp. Don't get too far ahead of him or he'll lose interest and you'll have to continue getting his attention.

STAY AWAY FROM THE BEEFALO.... unless you want them removed from your world.

Good Luck!! 

STAY AWAY from the beefalo.... they will be wiped out so fast, you'll cry. Kite him into a killer bee area or thru a crap-ton of pengulls on the way to the swamps. Make a few torches so you can continue into the night if you have to. The bees and pengulls won't kill him but weaken him so you don't lose many tentacles once your in the swamp. Don't get too far ahead of him or he'll lose interest and you'll have to continue getting his attention.

STAY AWAY FROM THE BEEFALO.... unless you want them removed from your world.

Good Luck!! 

what about the part where i go somewhere untill he comes and than go back to my base, will that work? i also found a LARGE field of tier 3 spider dens, will those do the job?

what about the part where i go somewhere untill he comes and than go back to my base, will that work? i also found a LARGE field of tier 3 spider dens, will those do the job?

I doubt the spider dens will do, if he does his AoE they might all die in a single blow, but you can try to weaken him! However, you are better just avoid him if you don't feel comfortable fighting him! I saw a Bearger wipe out an entire herd of beefalos in a single AoE attack, only leaving 2 babies in the entire world. I had to protect them for over a year before they reached a normal size herd again! I kinda expected it to happen but some people on the forums gave the advice to newcomers that they should bring him in a large beefalo herd (and mine was large)! I had to kill him myself anyway with a spear.

I doubt the spider dens will do, if he does his AoE they might all die in a single blow, but you can try to weaken him! However, you are better just avoid him if you don't feel comfortable fighting him! I saw a Bearger wipe out an entire herd of beefalos in a single AoE attack, only leaving 2 babies in the entire world. I had to protect them for over a year before they reached a normal size herd again! I kinda expected it to happen but some people on the forums gave the advice to newcomers that they should bring him in a large beefalo herd (and mine was large)! I had to kill him myself anyway with a spear.

what about the base somewhere else till he comes and than go back to the main base strat?

With his freezing ability, he'll probably knock those down fairly easily. You could run but it's time to man up! Show that Deerclops whose boss and kite him into the swamp! Lol....

Seriously tho. I never tried to not fight him but it should work. Especially if your really far from a swamp or unable to stand your ground. Run him into the spiders and once he aggros off them, stand a ways away from him... Easy spider loot if you come back at a later time.

When I first started getting good at surviving thru to like the third Winter (vanilla) I had 2 huge Beefalo Herds, probably 40 apiece. I ran him into the first herd and he 3 shot the WHOLE herd. After I seen that, I ran back to base and grabbed my marble suit, went back and tanked him with my spear.... Took a short while and I had meat for the entire year. Never had soo many drying racks before.... or since!!

that's another thing i'm curious about: is the dragonfly really that tough? 

Dragonfly is the only giant that you will take damage from regardless of tactics if you decide to melee him, all the other guys are kiteable, but on the other hand you can just put the dragonfly to sleep and blow him up with 14 gunpowder with no worries of losing drops since he's immune to fire.

a bit of my history with deerclops: about 3 days ago it was day 36 in my old world (i was that close to spring!) and i hear him. i go to my base (such a bright move) and hope hes not gonna come after me, which he does. quick! make a torch and run! as my base was about to go off screen, i just saw that monster lift his hands up in the air above my fire pit and..... darkness... oh parrot (my pet rabbit who was by the fire) i will never forget you :'( the rest was just me leading him through 5 beefalo, a pig village and some pengulls before trying to kite him at which i failed because i went insane and the nightmare creature killed me at the end

a bit of my history with deerclops: about 3 days ago it was day 36 in my old world (i was that close to spring!) and i hear him. i go to my base (such a bright move) and hope hes not gonna come after me, which he does. quick! make a torch and run! as my base was about to go off screen, i just saw that monster lift his hands up in the air above my fire pit and..... darkness... oh parrot (my pet rabbit who was by the fire) i will never forget you :'( the rest was just me leading him through 5 beefalo, a pig village and some pengulls before trying to kite him at which i failed because i went insane and the nightmare creature killed me at the end

te-le-por-ta-to. keep that in mind next time you're on the cusp of certain death.

I just fought a deerclops last night on day 32. Granted, I was at my base, but I kited him so he would only smash one farm and my lightning rod. What I hope you have is a logsuit, a football helmet, and a tentacle spike with at least 60% durability (a spear will work but it will take longer). If you are missing one of these things, then your best bet is to run as fast as you can away from him. You can hit him twice and run away and kill him without ever being hit, but have armor just to be safe. Keep in mind I had full 200 when I fought him, and it was literally at zero when i killed him. So be prepared to either sleep, or pick a lot of flowers. good luck

Archived