The Way(Aka Praecantor 2)Speculations

It's more likely the deerclops eye, sinse this puzzle was started from a RoG video and that everything in this has to be telling the story about how Wilson met the world of giants; as in that machine probably doesn't let him return to his world but to a further, more challenging world: world of Giants, where basically you go from Vanilla to RoG.

It's more likely the deerclops eye, sinse this puzzle was started from a RoG video and that everything in this has to be telling the story about how Wilson met the world of giants; as in that machine probably doesn't let him return to his world but to a further, more challenging world: world of Giants, where basically you go from Vanilla to RoG.

Then explain the Wilsons in the trailer.

I think that's total baloney. RoG contents needs zero canonical explanation.

The last time there was a puzzle reveal like this, we discovered a trove of lore information about William Carter. There's no good reason for Klei to waste our time like this. It HAS to be something substantial. Something BIG, something important.

The last time there was a puzzle reveal like this, we discovered a trove of lore information about William Carter. There's no good reason for Klei to waste our time like this. It HAS to be something substantial. Something BIG, something important.

Like Charlie smashing his fancy new machine? :3

I wonder if this may lead to ruined civilization. I mean, what if They could leave through the portal as well?

Like Charlie smashing his fancy new machine? :3

I wonder if this may lead to ruined civilization. I mean, what if They could leave through the portal as well?

1. Charlie doesn't attack buildings. Just the people.  Also the machine is well-lit up atm. Charlie's too ashamed to show herself in the light. Stahp with the buzzkills, people.

2. It's a possibility. Although I don't think they would destroy humanity, reasonably. Why get rid of all the entertainment so quickly? It'd make more sense for them to simply start drawing more and more people into Their worlds.

1. Charlie doesn't attack buildings. Just the people.  Also the machine is well-lit up atm. Charlie's too ashamed to show herself in the light. Stahp with the buzzkills, people.

2. It's a possibility. Although I don't think they would destroy humanity, reasonably. Why get rid of all the entertainment so quickly? It'd make more sense for them to simply start drawing more and more people into Their worlds.

1. Okay, okay.

2. Well, in the concept art we've seen a ruined city, so who knows. I doubt they'd add an additional playable section if the world was just fine and dandy.

Okay, I just had a thought here. In that time period, fictional stuff had time machines with a swirly spiral in it, much like what we see here.

Now, is there any chance at all that this is not just a portal, but a time machine?! Imagine the possibilities there.

2. Well, in the concept art we've seen a ruined city, so who knows. I doubt they'd add an additional playable section if the world was just fine and dandy.

Well, things wouldn't be fine and dandy, but the place wouldn't be 100% ruins. There'd be extreme problems. Lots of people disappearing. LOTS.

I think that'd be nice for an epilogue.

Okay, I just had a thought here. In that time period, fictional stuff had time machines with a swirly spiral in it, much like what we see here.

Now, is there any chance at all that this is not just a portal, but a time machine?! Imagine the possibilities there.

Not the Klei is typical, but in most cases time machines have more clock-themed looks.  This door just looks crazy.  Seems unlikely to me.

All concept art was just that - concept art.  Looks cool, but how would you square the DS weirdness with the "real world".  The game mechanics are entirely based on being in a magical made-up world.  That's the main reason I find it likely the portal leads to another strange world, not the real one.  The strange one could have junk from the real world though, or be modeled on it.

The arm though, does it belong to a Deerclops or is it a shadow arm? It looks like either one to me. 

Attaching a shadow arm to a machine seems tricky to me.   I'm kind of wondering what the purpose is.  Give it a damp cloth so it can keep the eyeball moisturized and clean?  Beckon Wilson inside?  High five him for an awesome portal-building job - totally NOT a crazy idea I might add!

^ I know, that's why I was asking. Is his beautiful machine about to be smashed before his very eyes?

I really don't think so.

Not to mention, that would be Klei poking us in the eye with a Tentacle Spike. They've had us waiting for what will soon be a week to see what this machine does. That'd be some chonky business if they destroyed it before we could see what it does.

Looks cool, but how would you square the DS weirdness with the "real world".  The game mechanics are entirely based on being in a magical made-up world.  That's the main reason I find it likely the portal leads to another strange world, not the real one.  The strange one could have junk from the real world though, or be modeled on it.

There's no reason it can't have both. A strange world and an epilogue real world.

There's no reason it can't have both. A strange world and an epilogue real world.

Well, I don't think Klei will make a bunch of assets simply for an epilogue.  More likely our epilogue will be in story panel form if it ends in the real world, i'd guess.

Well, I don't think Klei will make a bunch of assets simply for an epilogue.  More likely our epilogue will be in story panel form if it ends in the real world, i'd guess.

I could live with that, but what about the Lost Fragment mod? Specifically to help serve and set up the Praecantor, they had some custom assets. Custom fixed world gen, the meteors, the shadow phonograph...all that.

I could live with that, but what about the Lost Fragment mod? Specifically to help serve and set up the Praecantor, they had some custom assets. Custom fixed world gen, the meteors, the shadow phonograph...all that.

Never played it (I took a long break at the end of Vanilla's development) but from screen shots it looks like it was mostly existing pieces - skull chest I think existed in prefabs a long time unused.  World gen is just code.  shadow phono and meteor shower sound custom though. 

For a 'normal' world I think they'd need a lot of new art for buildings and other people and such.  I think art is a big stumbling block.  And I'm not even sure how buildings would look in DS.   We didn't even get any baby voltgoats for RoG, they're now like creepy gnome-goats that multiply when you're not looking.  I assume it's because Klei just didn't have time for the art.   I'd love it if we got more but it just seems like DS is skeleton crew these days.  I'm frankly surprised this last puzzle was as complicated as it is.

Archived