The Way(Aka Praecantor 2)Speculations

I hope this doesn't simply "end" the game's progression once the door's built. What if we have to go through a big obstacle once we enter the door? Some sort of second Adventure Mode, only more terrifying because the one "running the show" isn't a showy, embittered magician, but rather a dangerous entity/entities- known only by pronouns- that feed off of human suffering?

I don't know, I have this image of each character getting an epilogue in my mind, where you enter a world with black ground, the old movie style coloring, and Ragtime on loop. The goal of the epilogue is to solve the puzzle as to how and why they're on The Islands. There'd be no hunger, no health, no sanity, no night, etc. Just a strange little world that you can't leave until you piece together.

For instance, Wendy's ending could be her being forced to recreate the day Abigail died, and then how she got pulled onto the islands. It could end with her saying "WAIT A MINUTE! I REMEMBER WHO-" and then being cut off, potentially by freedom, death, or whatever the developers want.

Every character would have something. Webber's "who are you" puzzle could likely involve piecing together chronological events regarding his transformation, followed by the how he got here part. What if Wes had a line or two at the end?

I can't give too many examples because we only know a few pieces of a select few backstories; however, I just REALLY want to know about all the characters before this whole experience is over!

I see some symbolism there, perhaps? The rats, because of being trapped, and the birds, because of freedom?

Maybe it's a stretch... :razz:

Rats and being trapped have nothing in common.

Nah, I don't think it's that kind of thing.

Like I said, maybe it's a bit of a stretch. Although, the portal leading there used rats, making him "trapped like a rat" and if the portal he is making (using birds) is the way back, it'd make him "free as a bird", wouldn't it?

rat race. rats abandoning a sinking ship. rat on someone. smell a rat. there are enough idioms about rats.

plus all the disease, parasitic, oportunistic, underworld, death ( just think of the plague bearing rats of not so long ago ) etc. symbolism.

I hope this doesn't simply "end" the game's progression once the door's built. What if we have to go through a big obstacle once we enter the door? Some sort of second Adventure Mode, only more terrifying because the one "running the show" isn't a showy, embittered magician, but rather a dangerous entity/entities- known only by pronouns- that feed off of human suffering?

That's much more likely.  Building a door and being home again would be VERY disappointing.

anyone think this is extremely related to the forbidden knowledge video?

Here's a list thingy:

forbidden knowledge:

• Wilson mixes stuff at the beginning
  • Wilson hits the machine with a hammer
  • Wilson ties 2 rats together

this:

• Wilson mixes stuff in a mortar/pestle
  • Wilson hits something with a rock
  • Wilson ties 2 birds together

ALTERNATE: he could be building wings/jetpack....? maybe something along the lines of daedalus/icarus?

yay i helped

One problem with the Door.

The version of Maxwell's Door that Wilson knows how to build acts a portal for the shadow hands to enter the real world from, so if Wilson builds the door all that can happen is he either is taken by the shadow hands again and thrown on a different Island or the shadow hands do nothing and leave him on the Island.

I do not see this working out for Wilson, but who knows, maybe he has learnt a way to become a shadow creature and will be able to use the door to slip into the the real world through his original portal in his home, either that or another portal, the codex umbra perhaps?

I can just imagine that, the codex umbra in a museum somewhere in the world, then a crazy gentlemen scientist is thrown out of its open pages. That is something I want to see.

Anyone else think so?

As much as I would love another adventure mode, I kind of would not get a kick out of it. Once you understand your obstacles in adventure mode, you usually get past the plateau of difficulty (then it gets boring). Just like all those who reach 100+ day's in survival mode (with massive basses). Unless every map would be procedurally generated with random events/scenarios. So the difficulty spike would also be based on your last map clearing/completing game tactics. Maybe it even starts eliminating certain building recipes you become too reliant on (as you hop maps).

As much as I would love another adventure mode, I kind of would not get a kick out of it. Once you understand your obstacles in adventure mode, you usually get past the plateau of difficulty (then it gets boring). Just like all those who reach 100+ day's in survival mode (with massive basses). Unless every map would be procedurally generated with random events/scenarios. So the difficulty spike would also be based on your last map clearing/completing game tactics. Maybe it even starts eliminating certain building recipes you become too reliant on (as you hop maps).

I wouldn't mind another adventure mode, another adventure would mean another conclusion to the story.

Archived