The Way(Aka Praecantor 2)Speculations

Theory:

So thematically Wilson could trying to make an escape device, which will ultimately fail. However it will push back the curtain further to reveal more of the in workings of the don't starve universe. Probably even a glimpse of what kind of entity Charlie has turned into, and why she is hacking people down with no empathetic feelings for doing so. Perhaps giving us an objective mode after so many day's to escape before the universe collapses on itself.

Theory:

So thematically Wilson could trying to make an escape device, which will ultimately fail. However it will push back the curtain further to reveal more of the in workings of the don't starve universe. Probably even a glimpse of what kind of entity Charlie has turned into, and why she is hacking people down with no empathetic feelings for doing so. Perhaps giving us an objective mode after so many day's to escape before the universe collapses on itself.

Universe collapsing on itself sounds interesting.

I like how you think

Oh for the love of science! Not another iteration of DS apocalypse!

Can I just say how utterly tired I am of those concepts? REALLY. Isn't the urge to escape before They murder you enough? Because they're angry now that you've figured a way off Their stage/

Why should this be tied to any kind of update? Such as other worlds or whatever. I think, for now, we're just getting more story; there's no reason to assume that this is hinting at another expansion.

I honestly really want this to have something to do with the twins. What if in line with the Pollux and Castor, something was taken from Wendy to keep Abigail around? But what? Her happiness? Her soul? Or maybe Maxwell, trying to fix whatever horrible thing happened (I'm sure the "mysterious circumstances" surrounding Abigail's death are his fault), accidentally signed her over to this horrible fate? What if her presence here wasn't something he really wanted, but couldn't circumvent?

I don't want a space world. Where did all this talk of rockets even come from?

It came from my observation of the chemical formula at the bottom of the map picture.

The chemical is used in a potential rocket fuel.

I just meant that Wilson was going to use the rocket to get off the Island, not to outer space, but that idea still does seem pretty awesome.

I honestly really want this to have something to do with the twins. What if in line with the Pollux and Castor, something was taken from Wendy to keep Abigail around?

What if Castor and Pollux ARE "they".  There's two of them.  That's all it takes to be "they".  Maybe we can build some way to reach a second adventure mode wherein we find/defeat Castor and/or Pollux somehow, and escape?

It came from my observation of the chemical formula at the bottom of the map picture.

The chemical is used in a potential rocket fuel.

I just meant that Wilson was going to use the rocket to get off the Island, not to outer space, but that idea still does seem pretty awesome.

With the materials he's got it'd never fly straight. I see him flying off in a haphazard arc and crashing down on another island.

With the materials he's got it'd never fly straight. I see him flying off in a haphazard arc and crashing down on another island.

Most likely,

but look Wilson's face, I think he's about ready to just give up, so any chance he has at escaping the Island, he'll take it.

Also who knows, he's able to make a perfect sphere for the Alchemy Engine so he might be able to make the rocket aerodynamic enough to stay on course and not make it spiral out of control.

What if Castor and Pollux ARE "they".  There's two of them.  That's all it takes to be "they".  Maybe we can build some way to reach a second adventure mode wherein we find/defeat Castor and/or Pollux somehow, and escape?

Defeat Castor and Pollux......

If your theory is true and everything, imagine the sheer power of those two beings

They would be able to create enough heat and light to be mistaken as a star.

It would be impossible to defeat them or even touch Them.

Unless you were able to somehow absorb all Their energy leaving Them helpless and deprived of all energy required to continue Their conscious.

Anything else and They would be unbeatable.

If your theory is true and everything, imagine the sheer power of those two beings

Unless you were able to somehow absorb all Their energy leaving Them helpless and deprived of all energy required to continue Their conscious.

You sound like Maxwell.

well, find/defeat.  I mean, we didn't really have to "defeat" Maxwell himself to beat adventure mode.  Just overcome his challenges.  I doubt we would actually have to beat them to death.  Some other challenge of some sort.  Battle a minion for their amusement.  Who knows?  But the notion of they being "them" intrigues...because I think most people (me included) have assumed "them" refers to like, a whole civilization, ala the acient ruins.  It would be an interesting plot twist.

Hopefully it will be an update for the base game, but thats a long shot...

Or a new player, but thats also a long shot  :joyous:  :wilson_laugh:

Well, Reign of Giants updates are DONE. So a base game update seems reasonable. And I really do think there are more base game content updates to done. This game isn't finished. Okay, sure, it's technically all set up content-wise, but it lacks an ending, some sort of genuine climax. And sorry, Adventure Mode doesn't fill the gap, it just makes harder content.

Well, Reign of Giants updates are DONE. So a base game update seems reasonable. And I really do think there are more base game content updates to done. This game isn't finished. Okay, sure, it's technically all set up content-wise, but it lacks an ending, some sort of genuine climax. And sorry, Adventure Mode doesn't fill the gap, it just makes harder content.

They said we were getting one more update with mod support. :p

Other than that though, who knows what this puzzle is leading to.

Archived