The Way(Aka Praecantor 2)Speculations

Uh, no, not "this". Suddenly having incarnations of Greek Gods/constellations doesn't really make sense. I meant that the references to twins watching over Wilson was foreshadowing to Wendy and Wilson meeting up, or something Wendy-related happening at the least.

I'll pose it again: What if the figure in the portal is Abigail?

lol, wow, I totally misunderstood what you were suggesting.  What I'm saying would make sense if it explains the entire reason that this weird world exists.  They'd have to do a lot of exposition from the twins though, explaining what their motive is.  Lengthy exposition really isn't DS's style.  But it would be a MUCH more compelling addition to the story than 'oh and wendy or abigail or some other character we already know walks in'.    Which wouldn't even make sense because everyone is alone.  They'd basically have to have EVERYONE come through that portal, and then Maxwell steps in and splits them all up.  Which would basically be ancient DS history, since these characters have been split up from the start.  I want to see the story move forward, not give ho-hum backstory.  To be clear 'everyone came through Wilson's portal' is ho-hum.  If we get individualized backstories for everyone, that's different.

I want to see the story move forward, not give ho-hum backstory.  To be clear 'everyone came through Wilson's portal' is ho-hum.  If we get individualized backstories for everyone, that's different.

^

There's still a chance that it's a new character completely, OR that it's actually a fiendish trap to beckon Wilson through the portal.

There's still a chance that it's a new character completely, OR that it's actually a fiendish trap to beckon Wilson through the portal.

Could be a new character, yes.  The thing is, they've never really used puzzle story to introduce new characters.  So I kind of wonder why they'd start now.  But i they can advance the story at the same time as introducing another different playstyle, great.

I'm a little skeptical on the trap thing since Wilson himself made the portal.  What's on the other side has a good chance of being unpleasant though, certainly.

Could be a new character, yes.  The thing is, they've never really used puzzle story to introduce new characters.  So I kind of wonder why they'd start now.  But i they can advance the story at the same time as introducing another different playstyle, great.

I'm a little skeptical on the trap thing since Wilson himself made the portal.  What's on the other side has a good chance of being unpleasant though, certainly.

I want to agree with you very much. We went through all the brain-wracking. It'd be nice to get story progression rather than another incidental character.

Also, They probably figured out Wilson was making the portal a while ago. It'd be easy enough for Them to lay a trap for him on the other side.

And here I was worried RoG might be the only expansion for Don't Starve.

I'm actually pretty excited, not because I'm particularly fond of the idea of multiplayer, but because this means that the odds of more expansions afterward are far more likely than not.

Archived