The Way(Aka Praecantor 2)Speculations

How did she get RESCUED? I don't know if it's really possible for her to have been saved from her Gruesome form. RIddle me that.

It is a light door, unlike at Maxwell that led him to the dark

If Charlie was trapped in the dark, this is the door can get freedom, which would leave a void in the grue, but I still think Charlie doesn't kill you, and Maxwell's crazy.

What if...pure speculation...we know that all the characters have some connection to Maxwell even if it hasn't been made clear exactly how.  It is the door that brought the other characters to DS as a punishment to Maxwell for allowing Wilson to make the doorway in the first place.  Could lead to back stories for the other characters.

My partners' theory is that Wilson was trying to create a portal to escape, and instead summoned Waverly in her younger form. 'Cause, y'know, witches can glamour you into thinking they look like someone or something else. Maybe it's a new form of Adventure Mode where you unlock her, or maybe building the new machine immediately changes your character into her. Her perks/drawbacks are, of course, unknown at this time.

My theory is that Wilson was trying to create a portal to escape, and instead summoned a (female) shadow creature who fights for you against hostile mobs. Once she's done, she spawns minions and all of them turn on you with great damage and impact to your sanity.

Neither of these theories have been fully developed or thought out in great detail... just speculations based on our first reactions =)

@Jastiari That is the most believable theory that I don't like.

@imsomony The chances of a fan-made character getting in are just....so......so....low. Really. I mean, I could be wrong, since this chara could literally be ANYONE....

And Brianman, yeah whatever. Maxwell's not crazy. Not Crazy Not Crazy Not Crazy Not Crazy STAHP ME

We look like a idiots make theories

Is b

@Jastiari That is the most believable theory that I don't like.

@imsomony The chances of a fan-made character getting in are just....so......so....low. Really. I mean, I could be wrong, since this chara could literally be ANYONE....

And Brianman, yeah whatever. Maxwell's not crazy. Not Crazy Not Crazy Not Crazy Not Crazy STAHP ME

Waverly not is make for the fans... Check unimplemented characters

Maxwell is crazy, and so ugly :3

Yup, for sure, but having fun considering the possibilities. And hey, they did implement the death skeletons/boons after a player suggestion! Who knows the wonderful workings of the Klei hive mind...

Right, so it seems like just getting thrown a bone on lore for the other characters is a lame reward.

Also, I don't understand why Klei would have Waverly but in on Wilson's "I'm gonna GTFO OUT OF HERE" party.

It has to do with Forbidden Knowledge. That's Wilson's thing.....I suppose he isn't getting out of here, but still...

Wilson and Wendy don't have to have a connection to each other, but they're both connected to Maxwell. 

Why would it be Wendy? If it's any of the female characters we know, it's gotta be her. Wendy's like 17-21 now, isn't she? Assuming she is Maxwell's niece, she was born in 1901-1904, and the game takes place in the 20's. You'd look like crap too if you were stuck in the wilderness for a few days/weeks/months/etc, wouldn't you?

Also, remember how we got to this point: the answer to the puzzle was the names of the Gemini twins, who are also "watching" over Wilson in the sky.

As I was typing this, I came up with a crackpot theory of my own: What if the girl standing in the portal is Abigail? How? Why? I don't know. But if it happens, I can say that I called it. I mean, she *did* die under "mysterious circumstances".

Also, remember how we got to this point: the answer to the puzzle was the names of the Gemini twins, who are also "watching" over Wilson in the sky.

This.  I really don't get why nobody seems to consider that it's simply "them".  Castor and Pollux, or some other group.  The puzzle was far too riddled with greek constellation stuff for it to not play a role.    Now, why they would stroll through the portal to meet Wilson, that has me puzzled.  I'd say he's torn the veil into the afterlife and is summoning a dead loved one, but I'm having a hard time imagining how that would play out in a game context.  Klei would not bring zombies into the game.  Perhaps they step out and invite Wilson to enter the portal and face his final adventure mode, to get home, smirking all the while?

If I can make a bet, I'll say it is William, starving and with a really messy beard. Maybe the reference to the twin is like the dark and light, and this one would help Wilson to return home.

Oh my god, please, i really want a female Wilson

We can shave her armplit! :grin:

That is the single funniest thing I have read in this entire thread.

Anyway, what are the possibilities of it being Abigail? Yes she was Wendy's twin but not all twins are identical. 

This.  I really don't get why nobody seems to consider that it's simply "them".  Castor and Pollux, or some other group.  The puzzle was far too riddled with greek constellation stuff for it to not play a role.    Now, why they would stroll through the portal to meet Wilson, that has me puzzled.  I'd say he's torn the veil into the afterlife and is summoning a dead loved one, but I'm having a hard time imagining how that would play out in a game context.  Klei would not bring zombies into the game.  Perhaps they step out and invite Wilson to enter the portal and face his final adventure mode, to get home, smirking all the while?

Uh, no, not "this". Suddenly having incarnations of Greek Gods/constellations doesn't really make sense. I meant that the references to twins watching over Wilson was foreshadowing to Wendy and Wilson meeting up, or something Wendy-related happening at the least.

I'll pose it again: What if the figure in the portal is Abigail?

What if it is...

• Wilson's mom
  • a new character with dimensional abilites
  • Maxwell playing a cruel trick
  • Wilson's GF (favorite theory)
  • Or maybe it really is Charlie

1. That would be very odd.

2. Plausible. No reason it can't be.

3. Another possibility.

4. I'm fairly confident Wilson is a Forever Alone.

5. Nonsensical without further explanation.

Archived