Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

joragan

"Where there's a Wilson" issues/questions

joragan    3

- I think the firefly bug not being fixed was already reported, but probably doesn't hurt to mention it again

- I'm now starting to freeze (icing around screen edge) with a Catcap on and a yellow thermal stone in my inventory in winter. Is this expected? I'd think I wouldn't start to freeze until the thermal stone was at least blue but would like to confirm with the devs).

- A group of Pengulls appeared and started walking towards their ice camp which took them by my trap field. The for some reason they stopped moving towards the camp and walk 90deg-ish of direction into my traps. The hounds had just come so there were teeth, monster meat and blue gems on the ground. Are they being attracted to any of these?

joragan    3

• Heat rocks are now less effective when on the ground but more effective when carried.

Not sure what this note means, but I'm definitely seeing thermal stones heating faster on the ground than in my inventory when both a stone and my character and right next to the fire. The ground stone always gets to a hotter state well before the inventory stone. In fact, I can't even seem to get a stone in my inventory to turn orange when standing right on top of a fire when a ground stone next to me is orange.

joragan    3

- Adult Beefalo and Koalefants are sleeping during dusk. Baby Beefalos still move around. Pengulls too it seems.

brummbar7    513

I'm constantly losing sanity every passing moment I'm in the game. I'm not understanding how this works man!

Are you wearing wet clothes? Are you new to Don't Starve?  Need some background on your knowledge level considering you have 2  posts.

code4240    20

I've noticed that when I went from spring to summer the DSP got so quiet that I could barely hear anything. I have to turn the volume up really high. The things that DON'T use DSP (such as the sound it makes when you pick up an item) are the proper volume, and much louder than the sound effects.

When I leave the game and load the world again, this is fixed.

One bug that I found kind of annoying was that when I go in a certain area where there's catcoons, my game crashes.It said something about neutral item or something, but it's annoying when I want to get glommer or go to trade with the pig king.

SethR    1,229

One bug that I found kind of annoying was that when I go in a certain area where there's catcoons, my game crashes.It said something about neutral item or something, but it's annoying when I want to get glommer or go to trade with the pig king.

Can you post a screenshot of the crash? I was working on a bug that I think is related earlier today, but I'd like to be sure there's not something else going on. Thanks.

SethR    1,229

How do I post a screenshot? I'm new to this.

After you take a screen shot (if you need help with this, I recommend googling it: I don't know what OS you're on, but they've all got an easy keyboard shortcut to take a screen capture), you can save it and upload it to your post. You'll need to go into the full post view (i.e. not the quick reply option on the bottom of a thread page). You can get there by clicking on "More Reply Options" at the very bottom of the thread page. Once there, below the text box for your post, you should see "Attach Files" with a "Choose Files" button underneath it. Upload your screenshot using that and it should appear in your post.