"Where There's a Wilson..." Patch Notes - April 30, 2014

Bryce

The melon hat itself doesn't make your inventory wet, but it does put you on the cusp of being wet. If any rain falls and you have no protection, your inventory should get wet. It doesn't cool you as much as the ice hat. It spoils faster. It has a passive sanity drain to account for its lower wetness (and the juices running down your characters face). Does that clear it up?

Yes, thanks. :) I forgot that it can still rain in summer.

I guess it all comes down to playstyle. Being able to make and upgrade spider dens quickly leads to the possibility of having your very own personal carpets of doom type thing, which also double as personal carpets of food, seeing how there is no drawback to eating monster meat and you can get them to fight eachother and get the drops before they eat it. And if on top of that you set up camp in a swamp and have 8-10 dens around + merm/tentacles/frogs... yeah... pretty much... op. But then again, that's my opinion.

Honest question, have you actually ever played Webber? Or are you basing all this information on what you've heard/ seen from other people?

• Developer

Thanks for the news Strings.po but how can I swat adjective and name? Because in french the sentences are like this :

name adjective

Axe wet (for exemple)

Hey SamLogan. First off, thanks for your hard work localizing! Second, I've got a discussion going with @Salsa about this exact issue here in this thread: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/35514-klei-please-update-pot-file-strings/?p=465347. Give it a read and please do chime in if you have any concerns that you think might not be addressed by what we've already discussed. We will be supporting a more robust system for our adjectives--I just haven't had a chance to implement it yet.

Hey SamLogan. First off, thanks for your hard work localizing! Second, I've got a discussion going with @Salsa about this exact issue here in this thread: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/35514-klei-please-update-pot-file-strings/?p=465347. Give it a read and please do chime in if you have any concerns that you think might not be addressed by what we've already discussed. We will be supporting a more robust system for our adjectives--I just haven't had a chance to implement it yet.

Thanks this mod is great.

• Developer

Is the Ham Bat still unable to be preserved with an ice box/Snow Chester/insulted pack/winter's doubling of spoil time? 

It would be neat if it could be preserved to balance the nerf :-)

We'll be making it possible to put the hambat in the icebox (etc) in the next patch.

Well, a bird I had in a birdcage just mysteriously vanished. I imagine due to starving. Could be a mod, though.

Was there a feather or morsel near the cage? I always like to keep a bird handy but every time I left for more then a day in ROG without feeding the bird an unreasonable amount of food, it died, but it always dropped loot. 

Items:
  • Increased moggle duration. Moggles can now be refueled with glow berries.

Is it normal that the MOLEHAT_PERISHTIME=total_day_time*1.5 in tuning.lua ? Considering it had a perish time of 2 days previously and it got ''increased'', I would assume that its perish time should not be 1.5 days, unless it was actually decreased, not increased!

Archived