"Where There's a Wilson..." Patch Notes - April 30, 2014

Bryce

So is Snow Chester now better or worse then an insulated pack? And is the bug with Chester losing his stuff in the caves fixed?

It would be nice if the Ham Bat could be refrigerated or repaired with meat since it got nerfed so badly :( It was my go-to monster killing meat product! 

Hey!

It happend now the third time, that the defense red bees were a little bit strange. When i catched a yellow bee in front of a natural hive, the red bees left it to attack me, but were flying straight to the ocean and got stuck in one row at the border. :-D

Also, during a dog attack, two dogs were just standing at one point and were doing nothing.

And i got a problem with the heat stone during winter. When i put it next to a fireplace early in the evening, it turns orange... but after a while it's getting yellow again, and the fire is still maxed up. Usually the stone should cool down, when it's away from a fireplace, or am I wrong?

Don't know if these things are bugs, but never had this before.

Keep on the good work, I love your game.

Greetings,

Tripout

What's the latest update for non-ROG standalone?

Or more importantly, what's the version #.

I updated my standalone to see if I could and was surprised to see version 100880! But it isn't ROG. Is this normal? Everything seems to run the same as usual.

It would make the inventory wet, except that the threshold for inventory items getting wet is 35 wetness. Just a bit of balance to differentiate the two hats :-)

But the melon hat never will make the inventory wet, because it only reach 33 wetness. So is it better and cheaper than the icecube? Moisture penalty is much higher than the small sanity loss of the melon hat. Sorry, I'm just confused why the melon hat is even giving wetness but never makes the inventory wet. :)

Don't think of it as a beard, think of it as spider saliva that turns into silk and attaches it self to Webber's face.

and that you can shave for ridiculously low amounts of silk which is pointless because ridiculously high amounts of silk are really easy to get. esp as webber.

I find a "note" in the floor, the note says "7 (-4,-8)

Its normal?

So....this note(i guess u read for a tread)is a type of easter egg...it shows somethings what coming and the Don't Starve history,those numbers are codenards.

Sorry,bad english

he's still op, even after the "nerf"

He's hardly "OP" In any sense of the word.

While not triggering spiders is helpful, even though only very slightly, in caves, befriending spiders ends up being more of a burden than a gift since they almost immediately eat any meat on the ground, including boss drops.

This tends to make me only use them very, very rarely, you can't even use them to do anything useful that's not combat related! Like chopping trees!

Coupled with the fact that he has an incredibly low sanity (even though this is really hardly an issue for experienced players) he's rather balanced, especially compared to wigfrid, WX, Wolfgang, or even Wickerbottom at times.

Sure, being able to get basically free silk, spider glands, and monster meat sounds like a huge advantage, but any character can passively gain these items by just making a small pen with some rabbitmen and a spider nest.

• Developer

But the melon hat never will make the inventory wet, because it only reach 33 wetness. So is it better and cheaper than the icecube? Moisture penalty is much higher than the small sanity loss of the melon hat. Sorry, I'm just confused why the melon hat is even giving wetness but never makes the inventory wet. :-)

The melon hat itself doesn't make your inventory wet, but it does put you on the cusp of being wet. If any rain falls and you have no protection, your inventory should get wet. It doesn't cool you as much as the ice hat. It spoils faster. It has a passive sanity drain to account for its lower wetness (and the juices running down your characters face). Does that clear it up?

He's hardly "OP" In any sense of the word.

I guess it all comes down to playstyle. Being able to make and upgrade spider dens quickly leads to the possibility of having your very own personal carpets of doom type thing, which also double as personal carpets of food, seeing how there is no drawback to eating monster meat and you can get them to fight eachother and get the drops before they eat it. And if on top of that you set up camp in a swamp and have 8-10 dens around + merm/tentacles/frogs... yeah... pretty much... op. But then again, that's my opinion.

Ehh, this game takes hours to make stuff and gather resources, which is kinda what I hate. Can't wait when the multiplayer comes out (I know devs are not making it but someone else does).

Archived