"Where There's a Wilson..." Patch Notes - April 30, 2014

Bryce

Thank you Klei for such an awsome DLC at such a great price. Here's to hoping that it'll be super succesfull, that you'll make a ton of money and that you'll want to make another DLC ! I'd like to see something with the sea (maybe even under the sea !), boats, other islands to explore with new biomes (tropical ones) and another level to the caves.

I have a question : I had a bird in it's cage but it vanished or died I'm not sure, shoudn't that happen anymore ? Is it a bug ? Could it be caused by the bazzilion mods I have installed ?

Thanks !

Since no one asked nor will anyone care, my thoughts:

>>>Logical and good for the game:

Ice Hounds now spawn in hound waves during Spring.

Tree shelter can actually cool you slightly during Summer./Tree shade now cools you slightly if you are overheating.
Heat rocks are now less effective when on the ground but more effective when carried.
Watermelon now cools you when eaten.

>>>These should stop the kvetching about the difficulty of a certain ROG season:
Each season can now be tweaked individually via the customization screen.
Using a tent or siesta hut will now change your moisture and temperature accordingly.
Added a difficulty warning for Reign of Giants if the player profile has under 32 days played.

>>>Call me masochistic, but...
"Boomerang will now hit you in the face again." YEA!
"Birds in bird cages no longer starve to death." BOO! The need to maintain a bird or catch one only when you need it adds to the planning required.

>>>Get the rim shot ready:
Turning off wildfires now turns off wildfires.

This update is a good reminder of how complicated and multifaceted DS is and how hard it must be to get a game running right. Good job, Klei people!

Thank you Klei for such an awsome DLC at such a great price. Here's to hoping that it'll be super succesfull, that you'll make a ton of money and that you'll want to make another DLC ! I'd like to see something with the sea (maybe even under the sea !), boats, other islands to explore with new biomes (tropical ones) and another level to the caves.

I have a question : I had a bird in it's cage but it vanished or died I'm not sure, shoudn't that happen anymore ? Is it a bug ? Could it be caused by the bazzilion mods I have installed ?

Thanks !

I had this happen as well, not sure if because of a mod or not yet.

That's some awesome hard work you guys did. Lots of tweaks and fixes there, i like it.

The only downside is, i hoped to see more summer feature along the way, and there is no more updates :(

I really hope you guys don't abandon that franchise, and come back to it in the future. This is honestly my favorite new IP in a VERY LONG time!

p.s.- maybe it's because my main language is french but i don't understand the cleverness in the thread title, please someone explain to me! lol

Thanks !

Captive  creatures slowly starve to death. If one's in your inventory, you'll see a lowering green/yellow/red background behind it, like for food slowly going bad. This resets to 100% if you feed the creature. One of the changes in "Where There's a Wilson..." is birds in cages don't starve.

Hotfix # 100880:

Bug Fixes:

• Ice Cube will now make inventory items wet.

What about the fashion melon? Will it make the inventory wet, too or is it still stuck by 33 wetness?

I bought the Reign of Giants DLC weeks ago...played Early Access on Steam, blah blah. Today I see Klei's Twitter saying the DLC has been released for standalone, but I'm not seeing it on my Humble key page for the DLC. Any word on this? Thanks.

• Developer

What about the fashion melon? Will it make the inventory wet, too or is it still stuck by 33 wetness?

It would make the inventory wet, except that the threshold for inventory items getting wet is 35 wetness. Just a bit of balance to differentiate the two hats :)

Archived