Best Boon Bonanzas

I had it all planned out, see.

This was my big rough and tumble spring start for an early summer effort with wigfrid.

EXCITING STUFF ENSUES. 

This is easily the greatest world and game I've ever had. Tons of food in the form of tailbird, spider, werewolf and easy hunting plains..

I've uncovered the map to the extent that I see almost all the coastline and I feel like I'm missing biomes-- theres no spiderqueen biome and only one little patch of rocks. Probably a wormhole out in the swamps or vast desert? i've found four pair wormholes already.

There is precious little ice. I did get an icehat built, but I thought, HEY. SELF.

Wheres a place that I can straight up rock it free of summertime danger? Somewhere that the temperature is sitting at a cozy 44 degrees F at all times, right? 

We'll go caving! I'll have an uprorious good time battling the denizens of the deep with wiggy while the idiotic pigs and lamentable rabbits shrug off the heat and await my return in the cool autumn.

Stroke of luck! I go literally two one screen over from the entrance and BOOM caver camp.

post-260096-0-73174200-1398723661_thumb.

Its got all kinds of goodies and is a quick hike from a spider farm for food and recovering sanity\health. I'm in such good shape that I'm giddy.

And then boom. Overheating.

You can overheat in the summer underground.

SERIOUSLY!?

What are some of your luckiest discoveries that were just perfectly placed for maximum enjoyment?

Sadly, overheating and freezing underground is and always will be a thing.

On the topic of discoveries:

The first wormhole I go through will send me close to the adventure portal. Always.

Also, whenever I really need a certain resource, I just go through a wormhole. In 75% of the cases, I will pop up next to the thing I need.

The birchnut biome always has the pig village in it and is close to a swamp. Perfect area. Protection through pigs, tentacles to kite stuff into.

Day 2, skeleton set piece with a walking cane. THE WORLD IS MINE.

Happened to me too once. Great feeling.

I really love the boon with the miner's hat, I hate crafting them for some reason even If I have all the materials to spare :/ Im also paranoid so having an extra miner hat is great for me.

I also love the ones with clothing, especially if its low tier stuff id never usually craft, its just a nice bonus.

ive had trouble crafting the miner hat too. Not ACTUAL trouble. It usually came about from web shortages on my more passive playthroughs.  Now i'm pretty scrappy, so its more like, "goody, i get to get to build a hat." 

This game and the various limited resources reminds me of Final Fantasy.

By end game i have 34 Megaelixers, 85 elixirs, etc, but I always keep using the regular items because "THEY'RE TOO PRECIOUS TO USE EVER"

This game and the various limited resources reminds me of Final Fantasy.

By end game i have 34 Megaelixers, 85 elixirs, etc, but I always keep using the regular items because "THEY'RE TOO PRECIOUS TO USE EVER"

That's exactly what I do. They're part of the TGTU-Club. ("too good to use - club" is a term owned by HCBailly industries, all rights reserved)

I really love the boon with the miner's hat, I hate crafting them for some reason even If I have all the materials to spare :/ Im also paranoid so having an extra miner hat is great for me.

I also love the ones with clothing, especially if its low tier stuff id never usually craft, its just a nice bonus.

How do you feel about the moggles though?

The time there WASN'T A PIG KING on my third world. I had settled down after gear-rushing worlds one and two. And on day 80 I realized there wasn't a pig king. Now I have both an army of lying robots to keep me company AND a gold issue!

But for real luck I found a queen's gathering almost ON the cave entrance (down in the cave) which lead to being chased out with a rock lobster behind...

And the time that set pieces HAVE NEVER HELPED ME and I can't bring myself to take them off of lots.

Went for teleportato rush, as per usual. First steps, skelly with cut stone. Decided to go for day 2 divining rod although I found no clockwork monsters or stone biome yet. Found an epic graveyard, got lucky with alot of gold, science machine and went for shovel, got the epic gear RNG, had green mushrooms, went insane, got nightmare fuel, got divining rod. Was a little hurt but still "good". Second skelly, breezy vest, useless. All things were on or close to roads, got lucky on not having killer beehives between me and wooden thing. Last skelly, walking cane, too late tho. Had tentacle spike, 2 log suits, slowed down because I wanted to make 2 mandrake soups, ate one, ended up needing the other for the clockworks because I dun fumbled and got hit bad. Day 5, I was out of there.

Archived